PlayStation hacker/modder SKFU has published a method on how anyone can install the 2.50 PS4 beta firmware, without being a member of the MVP program, here is a quote from his website:
Finding the 2.50 Beta PUP/Firmare was very easy. Basically every PS4 requests the beta XML file which stores the information required to get the .PUP file.
So once I spotted this XML file via SKFU’s Pr0xy, I first tried to simply redirect the normal “ps4-updatelist.xml” to the beta one. This failed. Second try was to download the PUP and install it from a USB stick via the PS4‘s safemode. This also failed.
My last idea was to create a new “ps4-updatelist.xml” and redirect the normal one to my custom XML. This worked Steps to reproduce are below:
- Get any SKFU’s Pr0xy server
- Start & setup the Proxy Server on your PlayStation4
- Redirect “http://feu01.ps4.upd…-updatelist.xml” to “http://zload.net/ps4/beta/ps4-updatelist.xml”
- In case your from another region, change “/eu/” to your regioncode!
- Search for an update on your PS4
- Download, install and enjoy 2.50 Beta
- In case this does not work, try the installation via safemode “Update using Internet”. If you have setup the proxy already, it also works in safemode.
Thanks to TheZ and Wololo!
This was just posted by SKFU on Twitter:
Visit PlayStationHaX Forum To Discuss This Story Here :: Want To Install PS4 Beta Firmware 2.50 ? – Heres How