bigboss a member of the PS2Reality team has released PS4EYECam, a driver for the PlayStation 4 Camera, which will of course allow you to use your PS4 Camera on your PC/Mac, here is a sample image, followed by a quote from the developer:
What is PS4EYECam?
- PS4EYECam is a Sony PlayStation 4 Camera driver implementation reference.
- The driver is using libusb to handle USB communications.
- Part of code was based on PS3EYEDriver.
- Payload parsing stuff parts from Linux kernel source(gspca).
- UVC video control from libuvc.
- Boot and initialization from dumped PlayStation 4 Camera firmware ps4eye.
- Other parts and research based on my experience adding support for different usb devices for Sony PlayStation 2 and Sony PlayStation 3 consoles (ps2eyetoy.irx,ps2mic.irx,ps3kinect.sprx,etc.
Follow bigboss on Twitter
A group/Team/Person known as PS4Eye also had a similar project, but it has not been updated in several months, that project did have help from bigboss, i am not quite sure how similar the two projects are, but if you want’t to check how to convert your PS4 Camera to USB, then check their blog below:
Visit PlayStationHaX Forum To Discuss This Story Here :: [Released] PS4EYECam