A few days before Habib released his MFW, Alexander released his first version of 4.70 MFW for the PS3, here is a quote from the changelog:
WARNING: If you want to use PSNpatch 4.66.xx, you have to remove all sorts of Spoof, worth softbreak
FERROX 4.70 CFW Features
- Built on an OFW 4.70
- Disabled the CoreOS and control ECDSA
- LV1: patched to remove protection LV2
- LV1: patched CoreOS Hash Check (prevents brick consoles downgradate not dehashed)
- LV1: Peek & Poke
- LV2: Peek & Poke
- Compatibility PS2 Games
- Compatibility PSP Remastered
- Compatibility PSP Minis
- Key 4.70 (start games with keys 4.70 EBOOT / sprx)
- PSN / SEN Enabled.
- RSOD Screen Bypass for consoles suffering from RSOD
- BT Remote PS3 patch
- PS3 BluRay DISC patch
- Compatibility with the latest version of REACTPSN
- App_home / PS3_GAME *
- Install Package Files *
- Ability to Downgrade from OFW 3:55 with QA activated.
- Upgradable from any CFW‘s
- Support XMB InGame ScreenShot Feature
- Support Remote Play Feature
- Stability as nell’OFW 4.70
- Ability to downgrade from any custom firmware with QA activated.
FERROX 4.70 was tested on these PS3 Models:
- CECH 2004A – Tested and Working. (Thanks Mizio)
- CECH 2004b – Tested and Working. (Thanks Mizio)
- CECHG04 – Tested and Working.
- CECHL-01A – Tested and Working.
- CECH-2501 – Tested and Working.
- CECH 2504A – Tested and Working.
- CECHC-04 – Tested and Working.
- CECHL04 – Tested and Working
REMEMBER TO ONLY INSTALL IF YOU HAVE A FLASHER AS DAMAGE OR BRICKS CAN OCCUR.
I personally recommend the latest version of Rebug CFW over all other firmwares, but the choice is yours…
Visit PlayStationHaX Forum To Discuss This Story Here :: [Released] 4.70 FERROX v1.00