Rinnegatamante has updated VitaDB Downloader to version 1.5, here is what is new in this version, plus the other versions since I last posted about this when v1.0 was released:
- Fixed a bug causing potential crashes if you had a few specific apps installed with a very big eboot.bin file.
- Fixed a bug causing more than a popup to not always show in certain circmustances.
- Fixed a bug causing the first icon of an app being shown after a sort mode change, a search or a filter change to be wrong
- Fixed a bug causing cached hash files to be incorrectly generated when installing an app (Resulting in slower boot times).
- Fixed a bug that prevented changelog parser to properly escape ” char.
- Made cleanup check for leftover unfinished app installs more robust.
- Added app name and version on changelog viewer titlebar.
- Properly aligned Filter text to Search text
- Added some padding between Filter and Sort mode.
- Added possibility to customize font.
- Added possibility to properly customize any leftover uncustomizable element of the GUI.
- Moved missing icons download from everytime you hit an app lacking the icon to boot time (for all of them).
- Made so that Sort mode can be cycled only with R.
- Added themes downloader and manager with single theme and shuffling themes support (Reachable with L).
- Moved from SoLoud to SDL2 Mixer as audio backend. (Way faster booting time for the background audio playback)
- Fixed a bug causing a crash when opening the changelog viewer in certain circumstances.
- Fixed a bug causing VitaDB Downloader to be reported always as Outdated.
- Added a check after installing an app wether the installation succeded or failed.
- Added proper cleanup of leftover files when an installation is abruptly aborted or fails.
- Fixed a bug causing wrong icon to be shown when performing a search and moving to the first app of the list.
- Fixed a bug causing app info to be shown also when cursor is not on an app.
- Added requirements popup when attempting to install an app having extra requirements for a proper setup (Eg. Plugin requirements or full data files from original game).
- Added possibility to customize color scheme for all GUI elements (ux0:data/VitaDB/themes.ini).
- Added proper tracking of applications state (Not Installed, Outdated, Updated).
- Speeded up boot time. Now VitaDB Downloader will launch approximately one second faster.
- Added possibility to check changelog for the selected app by pressing Select button.
- Renamed “Category: ” option to “Filter: “.
- Added possibility to filter applications by Not Installed/Installed/Outdated criterias.
- Fixed a bug causing page down (Right arrow) to not properly reach end of the list when a filter or search was active in certain circumstances.
- Made so that fast paging down with right arrow will go as down as the very last entry.
- Made visible on the top menubar the currently in-use filter for the apps list.
- Reworded data files installation question to sound more correct.
- Added Smallest and Largest sorting modes.
- Added a dropmenu to change sorting mode (L / R is still usable for cycling between sorting modes).
- Added possibility to cycle between category filters with Square button.
- Using different granularity (B, KB, MB, GB) for homebrew sizes depending on the size itself.
- Added free and total storage info on bottom right of the screen.
- Aligned to left homebrew names in the apps list.
- Added support for backgrounds (Both static (ux0:data/VitaDB/bg.png) and animated (ux0:data/VitaDB/bg.mp4)).
- Added a check prior downloading an app wether free storage is enough to install it.
- Added possibility to start a search rapidly by pressing the Triangle button.
- Fixed a bug causing the app to crash if the background music file was missing.
- Fixed a bug preventing the app to be updated from within the app itself.
- Added auto updater.
- Fixed an issue causing crackling and stuttering with audio during archive extractions
- Added a check when more than a month passed since last boot. If this happens, provide an option to the user to re-download all app icons at once.
- Added possibility to fast scroll apps list with Left/Right arrows.
- Added possibility to fast scroll apps list by moving the scrollbar with left analog.
- Added possibility to instantly return to the top of the list by pressing Circle (Previously it was Circle + Left).
- Fixed a bug not making scrollbar instantly reposition when going to the top of the list.
- Fixed a bug causing selected app icon to get corrupted temporarily after installing an app.
- Added background music (You can disable it or change the track by removing/replacing ux0:data/VitaDB/bg.ogg)
- Fixed a bug causing selected app to change randomly when changing sort mode.
When I posted earlier about Rinnegatamante working on a Vita Homebrew download, I did not expect it to be ready today, otherwise I wouldn’t have written this thread.
Rinnegatamante has released the official download client for his Homebrew repository, this should alleviate all problems that other downloaders seemed to face.
IN ORDER TO RUN VITADB DOWNLOADER YOU MUST HAVE libshacccg.suprx INSTALLED
- Searching by author/homebrew name.
- Filtering apps by category.
- Viewing of all available screenshots for apps.
- Sorting apps by different criteria (Most Recent, Oldest, Most Downloaded, Least Downloaded, Alphabetical)
- Showing of several metadata for apps.
- Download and installation of vpk+data files or vpk only at user discretion. (No more need to redownload data files every time you want to update an homebrew for which data files are unchanged)
- Minimalist GUI based on dear ImGui with focus on robustness over fanciness.
- Fast boot time (Only the very first boot will take a bit more due to app icons download. Successive boots will be basically instant)
- Low storage usage (Screenshots are served on demand, the only data that are kept on storage are app icons with a complessive storage usage lower than 10 MBs).
Donate To Rinnegatamante For His Hard Work.