You had the beta installed and are waiting for the final release? Seems our wait is over tomorrow:
PlayStation 4 v2.50 update
Features coming to PS4 with “Yukimura” include:
- Suspend/Resume: Supported by nearly all of your PS4 games, you can jump in and out of your games with just the press of the PS button. Quickly switch from Rest Mode to powered-up so you can pick up where you left off.
- Back-up and restore HDD to USB: Back-up and restore your hard disc drive data associated with users on your PS4, including settings, saved data, screenshots and video clips as well as games, patches and download data, to and from an external USB drive.
- Find and connect with friends: “Yukimura” adds to an already robust set of social tools, bringing several updates to continue making PS4 the best place to play with your friends, including:
- Facebook friend finder – Using your linked account, you can expand your network by searching and connecting with your Facebook friends.
- Improved friend requests – Friend requests and Real Name requests can be sent together in one step when adding a friend on PS4.
- Streamlined Party process – The process to create a Party has been streamlined with a reduction in the number of steps required.
- Find friends who play your games – Easily view what friends are playing on each game detail page with a real-time “Friends Who Play This” section, which also highlights which friends are currently online and playing it, and allows you to jump directly into the game.
- Join Friends directly from news feed – A new tile will be added on your What’s New feed where you can see what your friends are currently playing, enabling you to join in the game if you own it.
- Share earned trophies and optimise your trophy list: We know that Trophies are important to many gamers, so we’re bringing more control with how you show them off:
- Automatic Trophy screenshots – A screenshot will automatically be captured when a Trophy is earned, preserving the moment to share with friends.
- SHARE Trophies – Players can share Trophy information to Facebook, Twitter or via Message by pressing the SHARE button.
- Additional Trophy sorting options – Sort your Trophy list by Earned Date, Not Earned and Grade.
- Delete 0% Trophies – Remove games from your Trophy list that have zero percent completion.
- Improved and expanded accessibility options: New options added to customise the user experience include:
- Customised button assignments for DUALSHOCK 4.
- Zoom for displayed pictures and inverted colors for all system functions, apps and in-game.
- Text-to-speech for all graphical user interface, including Message and Party.
- Enlarged text for all graphical user interface, including Message and Party, as well as the system’s browser.
- Bolder fonts and higher contrast UI for all system applications (but will not apply to games or third-party applications).
- Remote Play and Share Play: For games that support 60 fps, users will be able to automatically enjoy those games with 60fps for both Remote Play and Share Play* on supported devices.
- Automatic installation for system software updates: Enable automatic installation for future system software updates.
- Sub-account upgrade: Enable users 18 years of age or older with sub-accounts to upgrade to a master account directly on PS4, removing restrictions on chat and enabling users to add funds to their Wallet, purchase content and more.
- Verified Accounts: Select game developers, producers, designers and community managers will be verified with a badge.
- Dailymotion: Upload video clips directly to Dailymotion via the SHARE button.
Sony are also sending out these emails with more detailed information about some of the services:
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) today announced it will release system software update version 2.50, codenamed “Yukimura,” for the PlayStation(R)4 (PS4(TM)) system on March 26, bringing highly-anticipated and requested features to the system. These forward-looking updates include the Suspend/Resume feature, which enables gamers to jump in and out of their games quickly and pick up where they left off. In addition, the PS4 system will add to its already robust set of social tools by making it easier than ever to connect gamers together, furthering its position as the best place to play with friends.
Highlights coming to PS4 with “Yukimura” include:
Jump Back Into Games Faster with Suspend/Resume*
Suspend/Resume, which will be supported by nearly all PS4 titles, will allow PS4 owners to spend less time waiting for games to load and more time playing. Gamers will be able to suspend their game by putting their PS4 into Rest Mode, and then quickly resume the game where they left off by pressing the PlayStation button on the DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller, which wakes their system.
Back-Up and Restore Hard Disc Drive to External USB Drive
“Yukimura” allows PS4 owners to back-up and restore the hard disc to and from an external USB drive. Hard disc drive data includes settings, saved data, screenshots and video clips as well as games, patches and download data.
Find and Connect with Friends
PS4 owners will now be able to search for Facebook Friends with their linked account. Friend requests and Real Name requests can be sent together in one step when adding a friend on PS4. The update will allow users to easily view what their friends are playing by adding a “Friends Who Play This” section on each game detail page, while also highlighting which friends are currently online and playing it. The process to create a Party has also been streamlined with a reduction in the number of steps required. Additionally, the What’s New section will now feature a section where users can see what their friends are currently playing enabling them to join in the game if they own it or find out more on PlayStation(R)Store.
Share Your Earned Trophies and Trophy List Enhancements
PS4 owners have been sharing their most impressive gaming moments since the launch of the system, and with “Yukimura,” a screenshot will automatically be captured when a Trophy is earned, making it easy for users to share their favorite gaming moments with their friends. The update will also make it easy for players to share Trophy information to Facebook, Twitter or via Message by pressing the SHARE button. Additionally, users will now be able to sort their Trophy list by “Earned Date,” “Not Earned,” and “Grade,” as well as the option to remove games from the Trophy list that have zero percent completion.
Improved and Expanded Accessibility Options
“Yukimura” introduces new options to customize the user experience with PS4, making it easier for gamers with impaired vision and limited manual dexterity to play. Customized button assignments for DUALSHOCK 4 and a zoom feature for displayed pictures and inverted colors will be available for all system functions, apps and games. Enlarged text will be available across the graphical user interface, including Message and Party, and enlarged text will also be enabled for use in the system’s browser. Bolder fonts and higher contrast UI will be available for all system applications but will not apply to games or third-party applications.
Additional features and updates introduced with “Yukimura” include:
*Remote Play and Share Play: For games that support 60 fps, users will be able to automatically enjoy those games with 60fps for both Remote Play and Share Play on supported devices.
*Automatic Installation for System Software Updates: Users will be able to automatically install future system software updates.
*Sub-Account Upgrade: Users 18 years of age or older with sub-accounts will be able to upgrade to a master account directly on PS4, removing restrictions on chat and enabling users add funds to their Wallet, purchase content and more.
*Verified Accounts: Verified accounts for game industry professionals, including developers, producers, designers and community managers will appear with a badge.
*Dailymotion.com: Players will have the ability to upload video clips directly to Dailymotion via the SHARE button.
The PlayStation(R)Vita system and PlayStation App for smartphones and tablets will also receive system software updates with the same timing as “Yukimura,” adding complementary features to those added to PS4 with the update. PS Vita update version 3.50 and PlayStation App update version 2.50 will add new accessibility options, including enlarge text, increase contrast and more. This update also enables PS Vita to support 60fps streaming for Remote Play.
Visit PlayStationHaX Forum To Discuss This Story Here :: PS4 system update 2.50 features detailed; available tomorrow