BobbyBlunt

Sony to be in court.... again

Turns out SOny has found themselves in another class action lawsuit because of Killzone and PS4. People were upset that it didn't really run 1080p

http://kotaku.com/someones-suing-sony-because-a-ps4-game-isnt-1080p-1617200896

Does Sony deserve being sued over the resolution of a game? Do you think that Sony will get away with false advertising or do you believe that Sony will once again get their way in court? Please let us know what you think

I don't really see how they can be held liable for the game developers stuff up with resolution?

Wait wait....hold the f*ck up. Didn't they announce back in e3 this would run 720p? Sony did f*ck themselves in the booty hole if they labeled 1080p on the box

I know they deserve it, but how is it their fault?

Is it not the game developers fault if they didnt do it right?

I know they deserve it, but how is it their fault?

Is it not the game developers fault if they didnt do it right?

But it's marketed under Sony with their name all over the box and final say on verbiage on the case.

The judge should dismiss the case, and bring a counter case against those clogging up the court system with bullshit lawsuits. 720p instead of 1080p, who the hell loses sleep over that?

720p instead of 1080p, who the hell loses sleep over that?

12yr boys who screams and curses on live/PSN in CoD... You know, those brats thats never seen 8-bit or even 16-bit in their life...

If is 720 and Sony lables the box 1080, then that is false advertising, no excuse for that. How much money do you think they made by promoting this game in 1080.

Honestly I can hardly tell the difference in the two myself, just like the differences in 30fps and 60fps. The eyes can only see so fast and I think that's in the 20s I'm to lazy to search for it right now lol.

The eyes can only see so fast and I think that's in the 20s I'm to lazy to search for it right now lol.

There is no direct scientific number between eyes and digital FPS, but most agree on that anything above 30fps* is hardly noticeable. 25 is also fine in certain applications, for example TV(PAL is 25fps) and older games**.

However, what IS noticeable is fluctuating FPS. That means an FPS that fluctuates between 50-60 constantly, will appear as "lag", while a steady 30FPS will appear smooth as butter.

There are however other advantages of a higher FPS when it comes to games, and thats input lag (mouse-movement especially). One such game where it really made a difference back in the day was good old Counter-Strike. However, nowadays games tend to be better optimized for lower FPS(thanks, consoles....), so even that isnt an issue anymore. Not to mention back in CS's days we were using CRT monitors at 85Hz or more, which by nature is capable of displaying 25fps more than your average LCD/TFT monitor of today.

Oh well, I guess Im drifting offtopic yet again... I'll just shut up now.

*thats per eye, so with the new VR-sets such as the oculus rift you will need at least a stable 30*2 fps, otherwise it will both "lag" and make you motion sick. On a TV/Monitor however, both eyes are looking at the same image, so 30*1fps is perfectly fine.

**fun fact: certain NES and SNES games(and probably other systems around that era) actually ran faster on NTSC(30fps) than on PAL(25fps). That was because the framerate was the only thing that determined the speed of the game :)