PS3 CECHL04 BD DRIVE PROBLEM

HI Guys, I'm working on a ps3 cechL04 that has a problem with bd-drive. I downgraded it successfully, and I'm on cfw Rogero 3.55 v3.7. I tried to remarry replacing the logic board, but I always get NG. The current result is that the disc does not spin in anyway. 
Any help?

I have made jet this:

new bdm-021 + new laser unit.....NG

new bdm-031 + new laser unit.....NG

replace the cables...................NG

on the bd's power connector there are the right voltages...+5v +12v

Edited by joeh

on the bd's power connector there are the right voltages...+5v +12v

the disc ejects and injects fine? , the blue led is also off?

this version have a normal fuse for the 12V unlike other boards, but you have checked the 12 and 5V so it should be fine....

no damage on the ribbon cable?

just read that you also switched ribbon cable. :bash_head:

disc ejects and injects fine, the blu led blinking when insert and eject disc but blu light is very low, then when the disc is in the blu light is off

disc ejects and injects fine, the blu led blinking when insert and eject disc but blu light is very low, then when the disc is in the blu light is off

the light should be on if there's a disc inside, even when the laser is bad, anyway that's what i remember..

ofcourse we both know that the drive should be empty when remarrying. :)

it's odd that the blue led is weak, it almost sound like bad contacts on the ribbon or connector, but you said you changed cables...

standby led and green led is normal i guess?

yes standby and power led are normal

yes standby and power led are normal

a stupid question, you have all re marry files correct? ;)

you are trying to marry complete drives?, or do you just connect a logic board... (probably another stupid question)

can you specify exactly your Remarry process?

and not sure here. 3.55 sometime does not work and you need to do it on 3.15 or 3.41

Edited by 3absiso

Long Live Palestine

All files correct...i made always remarry with the same files...and it's ok!!! but this fuc%ed mb no....

I made the process with a full driver. How can i go from rogero 3.55 v3.7 to fw 3.15 or 3.41 without activate the qa flags???

Edited by joeh

I made the process with a full driver.

just wondering what happens if you only connect a logic board...

some say it's good enough to do the remarry process, although it can be hit or miss..

what happened to it's original drive and logic board?

same original drive e logic board...NG

• 1 month later...

UPDATE:

BLU LED is always off.....what does it means??? is it off with the new board and new laser unit and new cable.....ALL NEW and blu led is always off...remarry process says always NO GOOD

test another logic board, it sounds like your having a bad connection some where between the drive and the logic board.

youll get a dim blue LED on older models A-G if the cable isnt connected all the way or little latch is broken.

but now i see its an L04 and L model obviously have different ribbons.. i say another logic board..

NOR Downgrader

20xx all day long

PSP 1001 5.00 m33

2x PS2

UPDATE:

BLU LED is always off.....what does it means???/quote]

if the drive is empty it dousnt mean anything....

maybe there's a problem with the ps3 and not with the drive....idk

• Upvote 1

omg... it sounds as a southbridge problem???? is it possible to fix it

Everything is possible to fix, the question is rather is it reasonable to waste time and effort(and money) on trying to fix it? Might be both cheaper, easier and faster to just grab a new PS3.

872daeaf9d5ccbb7d98bb4fef4246f6e9da5ddcf

omg... it sounds as a southbridge problem???? is it possible to fix it

it's just a guess what the problem is..

if we don't know it we say 'southbridge', it's the easiest way out. :)

only a second working ps3 that uses the same drive will rule out things....

you can still use the ps3 to play discless i guess.

can we make or suggest tests that i can do for investigate???

Edited by joeh

can we make or suggest tests that i can do for investigate???

stdule might be right, it could be a southbridge problem.

the ver-001 board is so much different regarding bluray then the cok-001,002 and sem board. (the only boards with a service manual)

you could replace the TH3201 fuse or just bypass it to see if that makes any difference.

it's located near the bluray connector on the ps3's circuit board..

i made a new test... only board and laser unit no other bluray drive components... BLULED COMING ON as normal... BOARD CONNECTED BMD-021 + LASER UNIT 410 CCA (WHEN I PRESS POWER ON BUTTON, the laser diode  come blu and do a tracking test as normal)....same remarry NG but now led is on...

Next time I'm going to test only new board 031 + new laser unit 410 ACA.... stay soon

if the blue led is on you will always get NG as far as i know, since the drive needs to be empty...

although the actual drive isnt connected the ps3 still thinks there's a disc inside..

if you want to trick the ps3 that the drive is empty although it's not connected, you have to solder 2 wires on the logic board.

can u explane me the trick...what are 2 wires and where solder it

can u explane me the trick...what are 2 wires and where solder it

i only have a pic from thhe BMD-031 board...

i'm not 100% sure that this works because i have to do it without a service manual.

what you basically do is connect the base of the transistor to 3,3V (you emulate the switches from the drive)

the 2 solder points below the one that i marked are also for switches but i think they can be left alone...

like i said, i dont know if it works, you might still get the NG screen ofcourse...

i have only soldered the wire myself on a BMD-002 board, and it tricked the ps3 into thinking it had an empty drive...

EDIT: PIC REMOVED

Edited by Mr.Dutch

u think bypassing termal fuse near bd connector can change  the situation?

what can i do?? FROM 3.55 V3.7ROGERO CAN I UPDATE TO A FERROX 4.60NODB WITHOUT can give a brick?!?!

u think bypassing termal fuse near bd connector can change the situation?

what can i do?? FROM 3.55 V3.7ROGERO CAN I UPDATE TO A FERROX 4.60NODB WITHOUT can give a brick?!?!

personally i don't think bypassing the thermal fuse will help, it was just an idea..

about the firnware, i have no clue...it's not my territory....

i guess you did not try the bypass on the logic board to fool the ps3, or is it too hard to solder...