Microsoft Reveals Windows 10

well, so far so good. let's see in what this turns out...

• Super Moderator

Took 3 hours to install. But looks kind of neat. I went with installing over my windows 7. It doesn't look like all my drivers have initiated but overall, looks like 7. And it doesn't have a dumb metro thing like 8. 

pet peeve, all this "App" text. I like "Programs" better, 

Edited by thezander
  • Upvote 1

Don't be a jerk be cool! Join Switch Club today!

I'm getting it now. Going to install it on my laptop and see how MS is killing Windows now.

Sent from my Nexus⁴ via Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Super Moderator

I saw a thing on cnet that said they called it 10 because windows versions starting with 9 would confuse things because of windows 95 or 98

I saw a thing on cnet that said they called it 10 because windows versions starting with 9 would confuse things because of windows 95 or 98

OpoQQ.jpg

Unbelievable...

Edited by Lucif3r
  • Upvote 1

872daeaf9d5ccbb7d98bb4fef4246f6e9da5ddcf

OpoQQ.jpg

Unbelievable...

I think that it specifically said that it would mess with code from old software that looked for "Windows 9X" or something.

I think that it specifically said that it would mess with code from old software that looked for "Windows 9X" or something.

Thats even worse!

Wth, were they still monkeys when they coded win95/98!?

i've read that also is not that windows is coded like this, but from third parties and apps that were coded like this example:

if (version.StartsWith("Windows 9"))

{ /* 95 and 98 */

} else {

So, using "Windows 9" would cause a huge compatibility problem for every user.

No one will ever know for sure, this is just a rumour.

So, let's say MS counting really bad. :thumbsdown:

i've read that also is not that windows is coded like this, but from third parties and apps that were coded like this example:

if (version.StartsWith("Windows 9"))

{ /* 95 and 98 */

} else {

So, using "Windows 9" would cause a huge compatibility problem for every user.

No one will ever know for sure, this is just a rumour.

So, let's say MS counting really bad. :thumbsdown:

But that could be solved from M$'s side with win9, e.g. code it so version returns something like "Windows 09", "Windows x9", "Windows.9" etc etc. It doesnt really matter what 'version' returns, as long as its unique.

But that could be solved from M$'s side with win9, e.g. code it so version returns something like "Windows 09", "Windows x9", "Windows.9" etc etc. It doesnt really matter what 'version' returns, as long as its unique.

But when you're lazy...

• Upvote 1

i was reading another site, when they came up with this: 'Windows 10 Preview" holds a keylogger.

At first, i didn't believe it, but i've decide to do a search here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/preview-privacy-statement

well, it's hard to belive, but it is there:

For example, when you:

• install the Program, we may collect information about your device and applications and use it for purposes such as determining or improving compatibility;

• use voice input features, such as speech-to-text, we may collect voice information and use it for purposes such as improving speech processing;

• open a file, we may collect information about the file, the application used to open the file and how long it takes and use it for purposes such as improving performance; or

• enter text, we may collect typed characters and use them for purposes such as improving auto-complete and spell check features.

Look at the last item, so using this Windows 10 preview may enable MS to even discover my credit card number and passwords.

Maybe it's a true and valid app for MS, but keeping these data and sending it to someone else is not something i'm happy.

• Super Moderator

i was reading another site, when they came up with this: 'Windows 10 Preview" holds a keylogger.

At first, i didn't believe it, but i've decide to do a search here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/preview-privacy-statement

well, it's hard to belive, but it is there:

For example, when you:

• install the Program, we may collect information about your device and applications and use it for purposes such as determining or improving compatibility;

• use voice input features, such as speech-to-text, we may collect voice information and use it for purposes such as improving speech processing;

• open a file, we may collect information about the file, the application used to open the file and how long it takes and use it for purposes such as improving performance; or

• enter text, we may collect typed characters and use them for purposes such as improving auto-complete and spell check features.

Look at the last item, so using this Windows 10 preview may enable MS to even discover my credit card number and passwords.

Maybe it's a true and valid app for MS, but keeping these data and sending it to someone else is not something i'm happy.

That is whack. I was playing along and even giving them feedback about there features. But keyloggin is not legit. They should have a setting for that one. 

That is whack. I was playing along and even giving them feedback about there features. But keyloggin is not legit. They should have a setting for that one. 

You know Apple has the same shit built into their OS as well right?

• Super Moderator

You know Apple has the same shit built into their OS as well right?

I've never owned an Apple, or installed Hackintosh on my laptops. I like windows through and through. I even installed it on my S4, albeit the thing was useless. Windows 10 logging keys is lame, but by reading what he said it seems to be on the same level as phones when they log in words you type for autofil. There is a good chance you can delete them and turn the setting off. 

I've never owned an Apple, or installed Hackintosh on my laptops. I like windows through and through. I even installed it on my S4, albeit the thing was useless. Windows 10 logging keys is lame, but by reading what he said it seems to be on the same level as phones when they log in words you type for autofil. There is a good chance you can delete them and turn the setting off. 

I've always despised Apple myself, sure their OS is very user friendly and smooth but the hardware is an overpriced joke. I've always used Windows myself, well I started with DOS and Tandy OS but Windows didn't exist then. I've dabbled in Linux for verious reasons but never really liked it. Using Windows in every literation and seeing how it's evolved over the years has been a wonderful experience, I even like Windows 8, I never use the start menu unless I'm on my tablet however but it's pretty much always been that way, I've always used shortcuts on the desktop, one of my favorite features of 8 has been the sidebar that you can access things easily through and I love the search on it.

I'm sure this is only a temporary thing as well to help make it a better product but if they keep it in there and give you no option to disable I foresee the death of Windows for most people, it would be a worse disaster than Vista was and I don't think Microsoft could survive that again.

• Upvote 1

Consdering the stunt they tried with the XBone, I wouldnt be surprised if these keyloggers will indeed be present in win10. Although Im sure it will be "hacked" and removed rather fast. Sucks for those ignorant people that have no clue about it though.

• Super Admin

Startisback has been made to also work with win x. That makes me verry happy :)

Don't start shit, there won't be shit

To be honest the way the Xbone was before didn't bother me, would have been nice having family accounts and instead of having to buy the same game for everyone on your family plan, you only had to buy it once.

I was watching the preview like a hawk, went to get something to eat, and the iso was freaking released!

PSP-3001 6.60 LME

Wii (Original boot2) 4.3 Modded with Homebrew Channel (Replaced Disk Drive)

PS3 CECH-4201A 4.60 OFW  :fryingpan: I will mod you!

i'll wait until 2015 for the complete version. it'll also be the first time when i see my favorite two numbers together in an operating system (Besides Linux ubuntu 12.10).
I speak of course of windows 10 and direct x 12 :D (which i'm anxious to try and see the speed modifications)

i'll wait until 2015 for the complete version. it'll also be the first time when i see my favorite two numbers together in an operating system (Besides Linux ubuntu 12.10).

I speak of course of windows 10 and direct x 12 :D (which i'm anxious to try and see the speed modifications)

I never even thought about directX12! I wonder how fast this version will be. I like the start menu, but when you try, it is way to wide for me. Also, i can give you my ISO and Tester Key if you want.

PSP-3001 6.60 LME

Wii (Original boot2) 4.3 Modded with Homebrew Channel (Replaced Disk Drive)

PS3 CECH-4201A 4.60 OFW  :fryingpan: I will mod you!

I never even thought about directX12! I wonder how fast this version will be. I like the start menu, but when you try, it is way to wide for me. Also, i can give you my ISO and Tester Key if you want.

i already tried, i'd rather wait for a better well tested version. i had some dificulties with the start menu, so i still use Classic Shell and i haven't changed ever since :) (this on windows 8.1)

• 8 months later...

Lets see how it will work on RPi2