zapptheman

How to | JAILBREAK PS4 FIRMWARE 6.72

So.... i Heard you all wanted to use the new jailbreak? Look no further, because i will be showing you how to use the latest development on the PS4 scene.

DISCLAIMER: this exploit has been released by Sleirsgoevy, while we are still waiting for the implementation by SpecterDev to be released, i can confirm, i have tried this newly released exploit, and it does in fact work. Keep in mind, some homebrew will not work, and needs to be ported, but this is great news for everyone!

Now let's get started!

As usual, i have attached a video below showing how to update, and use the exploit, and i have also attached a write up below that!

Video:

Write up:

You will need a few things before we can get started. If you are on any firmware other that 6.72, you should download the recovery firmware that @zecoxao has linked us to on his twitter, i will attach it below. You will also need a USB drive, to copy the firmware to. You will also need the ability to run the exploit, most people just do this via the weblink, but some others may not have internet access, and will need to set up their PC as a DNS Server, or use an ESP Chip. I have gone into this in the past, so will not do it again for this tutorial. We will be using the web link, if that does not suit you, then you will need to check one of my older tutorials to set up the alternate method!

Download:

Now we can get started! Check your system firmware by going to settings, then system, then system information, if you are on firmware 6.71 or lower, you will need to update to 6.72. if you are on 6.72, you can skip to step 9 if you are on 6.73 or higher, then unfortunately this is not the jailbreak for you, you will need to wait for one on a later firmware!

Step 1: Download the firmware file above

Step 2: Insert your USB and make sure it is formatted to FAT32.

Step 3: Create the following folder structure on your USB, from the ROOT, you should have a folder named "PS4" and inside that, you should have a folder named "UPDATE" Inside here, you will place the file you downloaded, which should be named "PS4UPDATE.PUP" So the structure will be "/PS4/UPDATE/PS4UPDATE.PUP"

Step 4: SAFELY EJECT YOUR USB! DON'T JUST RIP IT OUT.

Step 5: insert the USB into your PS4, and power it up.

Step 6: Make sure you have no firmware downloaded in your PS4 downloads, if you do, then delete it by using the options button and delete. (You should unplug the Ethernet cable at this point, or disconnect the wifi before it downloads again)

Step 7: Go to Settings, then followed by "System Software Update" and then it should present you with a screen which says "Version 6.72" If you have anything else here, you will need to install the firmware via the recovery menu! I will attach a spoiler below for you to read through, if not, continue to step 8

Spoiler

Start the PS4 system in Safe Mode: press and hold the power button, releasing after the second beep.

Select Safe Mode option 3 "Update System Software".

Select [Update from USB Storage Device] > [OK].

Step 8: Run through the update, and wait for the PS4 to update and rebuild the database.

Step 9: Connect your PS4 to the Ethernet/WIFI again and go to the web browser of your PS4 and enter one of the following links:

Step 10: Run the exploit as per the on screen instructions, you must first click JB and wait for the message on screen, it may or may not work on the first attempt, so if it does not return with a message within 60 seconds saying "You are all set" Then restart the PS4 and try again until you get the message. 

Step 11: Once you get the message, you can then click on the "MIRA" button, and enable the Debug menu.

Step 12: PROFIT? your debug menu should be there, and you should be able to do jailbreak things. Keep in mind, some homebrew will still take some time to be released, so enjoy and do not do anything reckless.

• Like 1

PS3:                                                                                                                                       Switch:

HOW TO CONVERT FROM CEX TO DEX                                                                             How To | Install the HomeBrew Launcher With FTP on the switch

HOW TO INSTALL NEW REBUG CFW OR ANY CFW

HOW TO INSTALL CUSTOM XMB WAVES

HOW TO USE CUSTOM PSN BALL LOGO

PS4:                                                                                                                                       PS2:

[Tutorial] How to gain FULL FTP ACCESS TO PS4 on 4.05                                             How to | Install Free MC Boot on almost any PS2 (slim included)

[Tutorial] Advanced ★Debug Settings for PS4 on 4.05

[TUTORIAL] HOW TO | Create PS2 PKG Files for PS4 (PS2 Classics)

[Tutorial] Play NES and Master System Games on your PS4

[Tutorial] Create your own Custom Themes for your Hacked PS4 - PART 1

[Tutorial] Dump Ps4 games on 5.05 and create Fake Packages (Works With ESP8266 Chip)

If i helped you feel free to buy me a coffee :) just hit the tip button