GregoryRasputin

Backport 6.72 Firmware Games To Firmware 5.05

Well known developer and PlayStationHaX admin @zecoxao has posted instructions that will allow you to play games that require a higher firmware on your hacked console running firmware 5.05.

backport-all-the-things.jpg

This is great for those of you not wanting to update to the unstable 6.72 HEN.

Not sure why zecoxao decided to not post this guide on the forum, perhaps he was worried about copyright problems, so I won't post it here and instead just link to where he posted it:

https://pastebin.com/9pZ6ZU67

Source:

• Like 3

lol... firstly thank you for such a simple way to do this... but if everyone has been sat on this for so long why was it not released? *face palm*

now i have a reason to update my tool... now i can add make it work with 5.05 button lol

14 minutes ago, RiPPERD said:

but if everyone has been sat on this for so long why was it not released? *face palm*

To stop piracy I assume, but as the 6.72 HEN has been released and people can play pirate games on that firmware, then there is no need to keep backporting private anymore.

• Like 1

good point i guess... however this goes back to your post the other day... the scene has changed a lot :(

• Like 1

updated my app to make this easier to do... 1 click now :) even a monkey could do it haha

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, RiPPERD said:

updated my app to make this easier to do... 1 click now even a monkey could do it haha

I need to install python for this to work right?

answer: yes

Edited by ragepyre

6 minutes ago, ragepyre said:

I need to install python for this to work right?

answer: yes

yes for now you will need to sorry it was nearly 4am by the time i finished lol

i will try and make it so it uses portable version or runtime files

23 hours ago, RiPPERD said:

lol... firstly thank you for such a simple way to do this... but if everyone has been sat on this for so long why was it not released? *face palm*

I could be wrong, but I don't believe anyone sat on this.

The 6.72 exploit was needed to dump the new games and get around the encryption. Only by doing that could the back-porting be possible.

So... chicken and egg scenario it seems. I don't think this could have happened in any other order, we weren't seeing these newer decrypted game dumps prior to the 6.72 exploit going public.

1 minute ago, Styleman74 said:

I could be wrong, but I don't believe anyone sat on this.

The 6.72 exploit was needed to dump the new games and get around the encryption. Only by doing that could the back-porting be possible.

So... chicken and egg scenario it seems. I don't think this could have happened in any other order, we weren't seeing these newer decrypted game dumps prior to the 6.72 exploit going public.

ah yeah good point didnt think of it that way... but i did hear this was actually around before the jailbreak so yeah chicken or egg i guess