Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkprogramer

Android Essentials

Here are a few essentials I recommend for anyone using android though it must be rooted

#1 Freedom

Basically the whole reason I did root my tab was for this

Its similar to free in app purchases in IOS

#2 Game Guardian

This is the same as Cheat engine for PC but just on an android Device

#3 Hide My Root

This I use regularly to hide my root from pesky tools that check if ure Device is rooted such as DSTV's drifter

#4 ES-File Explorer

This one is the best tough u don't need to be rooted it just mean u can't navigate to the root but this is like a little windows explorer

Basically all in one

====================

Ill add links later but I assume all of u know how to use google :P

Sent from xDPx Custom OS AndroidLix

• Upvote 2

i would appreciate some guidelines in how to root an Xperia Z, and installing debugging.

Total noob on this, so be kind! :unsure:

My list;

#1 A new keyboard. My personal choice is TouchPal, and Hacker's Keyboard on my tablets(fullsize qwerty with numbers, just like your physical on the PC).

#2 XPosed Installer/Framework. Enables a truckload of fun features on your current ROM, that are currently not present. Requires Root and a bit more tinkering. Advanced Users Only. Below are my choice of modules;

a) Gravitybox. Maaany things to play with there.

b.) Show Dialpad, opens up the dialpad right away when you enter 'phone' on KitKat(4.4.1)

c) Play Store link in App Info, adds a link to the app on play store in app info.

d) XVolume30, 30 step volume mod, better control over the volume.

e) XuiMod, similar to Gravitybox. I use it to change the color of the clock and icons on the status bar.

#3 A flashlight app/widget. Which one doesnt really matter, just get one.

#4 Ultimate Custom Clock Widget(UCCW). Make your own widgets, can do more than clocks.

#5 CircleLauncher. Get rid of those pesky icons cluttering your screen!

#6 Splashtop, fastest remote desktop Ive come across, its good enough to play games through.

#7 QR Droid. Something everyone should have in these times with all these QR-codes etc.

#8 WhitePages Current Caller ID. Block unwanted calls, see who it is even if number is unknown to you, etc etc. There are many apps similar to this, but WhitePages is the best Free Option imo. Can also block SMS's, but not on KitKat(only earlier).

i would appreciate some guidelines in how to root an Xperia Z, and installing debugging.

Total noob on this, so be kind! :unsure:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/index.php

Edited by Lucif3r
  • Upvote 2

872daeaf9d5ccbb7d98bb4fef4246f6e9da5ddcf

You forgot what I think is thr most important, adaway, blocks all ads.

Oh, I can block that directly in the phone, so dont need any app for that.

You forgot what I think is thr most important, adaway, blocks all ads.

you can also just flash this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1916098 or you can add http://adblock.mahakala.is/ to your adaway source list

however i would also add those to the needed root apps list:

1. Viper4Android (soundmod similiar to aosp dsp manager, but better)
  2. Titanium Backup (backup, restore, freeze or remove data or apps, also system apps)
  3. ROM Toolbox Pro (multiple useful shit)
  4. Youtube Adaway (xposed module)
  5. Intelli3g (switch to 2g when phone is in standby or connected to wifi, to save battery)
  6. Wakelock Detector (app that shows what keep stressing your phone in standby)
  7. Helium (backup app settings, sms, call history, etc.)
  8. Statusbar Scroll to Top (xposed module)
  9. SD Maid (storage maintenance)
  10. manufacturer related root apps like wanam xposed for samsung mods, or g2/g3 tweaksbox for lg g2/g3 mods)
  • Upvote 2

Oh, I can block that directly in the phone, so dont need any app for that.

How so? Adaway compiles a new hosts file with up to date definitions.

How so? Adaway compiles a new hosts file with up to date definitions.

AppOps. Although I see now that was on my One S. On the S4 mini Im using AppOps Xposed which, incase you couldnt guess it, is an xposed plugin that add appsops.

AppOps. Although I see now that was on my One S. On the S4 mini Im using AppOps Xposed which, incase you couldnt guess it, is an xposed plugin that add appsops.

app ops is to prevent apps from reading your contacts, sms, get your location and other things, how the hell do you block ads with it?!

There is an option to disable the permissions to show ads.

There is an option to disable the permissions to show ads.

Seems interesting, but Xposed requires Dalvik runtime still and I use OmniROM with ART enabled and it suits my needs.

How about ads in the browser? Can you block those too that way?

Sent from my Nexus⁴ via Tapatalk

Es File explorer was already mentioned but this is my #1. With all the networking capabilities. Can access anything from my server even my movie ISO's. which brings me to #2 MX Player. The only Player that I have found to play ISO's and just about any other file format. A really great App. Neither need root.

• Upvote 1

Aptoid and lucky patcher ;)

Don't start shit, there won't be shit

Seems interesting, but Xposed requires Dalvik runtime still and I use OmniROM with ART enabled and it suits my needs.

How about ads in the browser? Can you block those too that way?

No, just for apps... I hardly ever use the browser on the phone so havent bothered with any adblocker for that :)

Bobby made a good point... Lucky patcher.... Its a... Nice... App  :rolleyes:  :P

Edited by Lucif3r

No, just for apps... I hardly ever use the browser on the phone so havent bothered with any adblocker for that :)

Bobby made a good point... Lucky patcher.... Its a... Nice... App :rolleyes::P

Lucky Patcher I have used, but patching for ads was patchy at best. Did not work well. For other things it was fine, but I didn't like all of the patchings and messing with my system that it did. I will keep to using Adaway since I do use my browser quite a bit.