zapptheman

How to | Backup your Switch NAND

Hi all!

Welcome to another new TUT!

It is important to backup your Nintendo Switch Nand every now and again, or when installing risky home-brew or upgrading or downgrading firmware and such.

The reason why is because a backup of your Nand is like taking a snapshot of your switch's state, so if you brick it in the future, or happen to cop supernag (i have a tutorial on getting rid of this on the way by the way!) you can easily restore an old backup and be on your way!

There is no hardware required apart from an SD card which is more than 32GB, so i recommend a 64GB sd card!

If you are interested in learning how to do this, there is a video below for visual explanation and written TUT below that!

Written TUT:

Requirements:

- 64GB SD card or larger

- Switch which can run the tegra exploit and running a CFW (atlas kosmos is recommended as it is made by the same people who make the hekate payload)

- A way to push the hekate payload to your switch

Step 1: You must ensure you meet the requirements above

Step 2: Reboot your switch into the RCM mode

Step 3: Push the Hekate Payload

Step 4a: If you have kosmos/atlas installed, you can navigate to tools and then backup using the touch screen

Step 4b: If you do not have kosmos/atlas installed you will have to use the volume and power buttons to navigate to tools and then backup

Step 5: Backup eMMC Boot0 and Boot1 

Step 6: Backup eMMC RAW GPP

Step 7: When this is complete, you can turn off the switch and eject your SD card.

Step 8: Plug the SD card into the PC and you will notice a "Backup" folder on the root

Step 9: Place this somewhere safe on your PC

Step 10: Profit?

That's it folks! Hope you all have fun and safe modding :)

Let me know if you have any questions and i will be more than happy to help!

PS3:                                                                                                                                       Switch:

HOW TO CONVERT FROM CEX TO DEX                                                                             How To | Install the HomeBrew Launcher With FTP on the switch

HOW TO INSTALL NEW REBUG CFW OR ANY CFW

HOW TO INSTALL CUSTOM XMB WAVES

HOW TO USE CUSTOM PSN BALL LOGO

PS4:                                                                                                                                       PS2:

[Tutorial] How to gain FULL FTP ACCESS TO PS4 on 4.05                                             How to | Install Free MC Boot on almost any PS2 (slim included)

[Tutorial] Advanced ★Debug Settings for PS4 on 4.05

[TUTORIAL] HOW TO | Create PS2 PKG Files for PS4 (PS2 Classics)

[Tutorial] Play NES and Master System Games on your PS4

[Tutorial] Create your own Custom Themes for your Hacked PS4 - PART 1

[Tutorial] Dump Ps4 games on 5.05 and create Fake Packages (Works With ESP8266 Chip)

If i helped you feel free to buy me a coffee :) just hit the tip button