News Vita Hack

• GregoryRasputin

I got my licence and everything already... Bring on the native emulators! :D

Is it truly native if it is using the PSM structure ?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's only one PSM exploit and it's the one used in UVLoader. Yifan Lu has it for years and it was never patched. The reason for releasing it now is because the PSM project ended. Nonetheless, it'

3.18 Also we're looking at things like this atm:   vs0:sys/external/libnetctl.suprx  

get act.dat for vita: http://pastie.org/private/5koe6klxypv8dpbxkcmda credits to Anonymous (you know who you are) that showed me it was possible to obtain act.dat on vita systems 

Id say so, yeah. PSM isnt an emulator like the PSP-section.

872daeaf9d5ccbb7d98bb4fef4246f6e9da5ddcf

• GregoryRasputin

Id say so, yeah. PSM isnt an emulator like the PSP-section.

Isn't it ?

PSM = PS Mobile = Not full power of the machine and extremely limited.

Its limits are what put some devs off using it.

using yifanlu's trick it is ;)

• GregoryRasputin

using yifanlu's trick it is ;)

We will see, but if it doesn't have full access to the machine and cannot break out of the PSM structure, it is not a full native hack.

• Upvote 3

well native,...we will see how far LV1 will let the guys come.

• Upvote 1

rsz_2cfwprophet_banner_3.jpg

Keep in mind that this will be probably the OLD (YES OLD) PSM exploit.

Keep in mind that this will be probably the OLD (YES OLD) PSM exploit.

Why don't you enlighten us?

Ferrarius Verbero Aestus Ferratilis

Why don't you enlighten us?

Hakaze said that there will be a release soon, so maybe Deroad means to say that the new release will be the old exploit working on newer firmware? That's that I make out of it.

What I make of it is that are two PSM exploits and that probably YiFan Lu's release will use an old and already explored among devs one, which would be a shame really after sitting on his UVLoader for years. But that's just steam, I really appreciated his recent release calling coders for a ''open sdk'' project. Hopefully with Sony's attention fully focused on the PS4 we could get a homebrew/emulator scene going on the Vita.

Ferrarius Verbero Aestus Ferratilis

• Developer

There's only one PSM exploit and it's the one used in UVLoader. Yifan Lu has it for years and it was never patched.

The reason for releasing it now is because the PSM project ended.

Nonetheless, it's a powerful exploit and Yifan used it for dumping Vita's RAM a long time ago.

• Upvote 8
  • 2 months later...

Well it seems it was to late and also in case of Sunday maybe ? anyway Mr. Gas revealed today that he successfull dumped a Vita game card and the he can run it from ux0.

wrqo7d36.png

• Upvote 1

^^ im still thinking about that hardware gimmig to dump and write Vita game catridges but who knows if it really is off need in a few...

That trick is quite useless for the end-pirate though(at this point at any rate...), since it still requires the retail game to 'activate' the installed version.

Still, I can see one huge potential for this - game modding(singleplayer, obviously) and fan translations of some good jap. only games(there are quite a lot of them tbh...).
Of course, I dont know if its even possible to alter the files in the game, or if that will trigger some other anti-piracy, fuck-you-for-trying-to-translate-games thingy...

still nice to see. I would love to back-up these easy to lose cartridges

That trick is quite useless for the end-pirate though(at this point at any rate...), since it still requires the retail game to 'activate' the installed version.

Still, I can see one huge potential for this - game modding(singleplayer, obviously) and fan translations of some good jap. only games(there are quite a lot of them tbh...).
Of course, I dont know if its even possible to alter the files in the game, or if that will trigger some other anti-piracy, fuck-you-for-trying-to-translate-games thingy...

hu ? o.O youuuuuuuu knooooow that the Cartridge can be copyed ? It doesn't make sense to use that as buiseness cause the flash for the games are expensiev. BUT if you use a old game you don't like and dump it before via hardware you can use that un-liked game to write your pirated copys onto it.

hu ? o.O youuuuuuuu knooooow that the Cartridge can be copyed ? It doesn't make sense to use that as buiseness cause the flash for the games are expensiev. BUT if you use a old game you don't like and dump it before via hardware you can use that un-liked game to write your pirated copys onto it.

... Wait.... The flash on the carts arent write-protected? what. the. fuck....?

-.- sure they are but only in case something have a write protection does not mean that you can't write it. may in first yes, for the normal otto user yes, but for some one with a will nearly everything is possible. do you remember what was sayed for the PS3 ? the stuff like "The PS3 CAN NOT BE HACKED!" or stuff like "There will never be a CFW for the PS3" which is the reason for my actual name ? ;)

Edited by cfwprophet

Well, if you blow the internal fuse for writing, that chip can never be written to again, since that area is physically disconnected.

^^ just as an example not as the solution but you forget that the X360 haved some similar secu where they later used Virtual Fuses to go arround that ? ;)

there is everytime a way just be open to everything.

Let us say you develope something that imitates the Sandisk Chip and send's the needed data to identify his self as such sayed one but with the diff that you can write this chip as you will. You even don't need to be able to decrypt the data or something else. Again just an example. :)

• 3 weeks later...

get act.dat for vita:
http://pastie.org/private/5koe6klxypv8dpbxkcmda
credits to Anonymous (you know who you are) that showed me it was possible to obtain act.dat on vita systems :)

to us on PC or on the Vita it self via eg. the WK ?

• 4 weeks later...

Please, how did you found IDPS of you Ps vita ?

Do you need to fill the variable consoleid with somthing like this : "consoleid" => "00000001010300100C1CEFDDCA255266" ?

Thanks !