Modified PS3

Question

Hi Guys,

I got this used ultra slim PS3 and it's modified, but I don't know what modification was made to it a collection of games installed on HDD I can delete games, and I need to update the firmware in order to play online my FW is 4.82. some guys told me if I do the update I will lose the ability to install games on HDD and I have to know what modifications was made to the PS3 so I can do the update because as they told me some modifications will not work at all after the update.

any one can help me how to know the modification that was made to the PS3?

4 answers to this question

Mod that was done is called HAN. If you want to play online, don't update (4.82 is golden firmware for now). Just use proxy to spoof your firmware version. 

PS4 CUH-11XXA - Latest OFW - 500GB SSHD | PS3 CECH-20XX - Latest OFW - 80GB | PSP 200X - 6.60 Pro C-fix3 - 8GB µSD to MS Pro Duo | PSTV - 3.60 - 8GB USB Stick

My History: Commodore128, Atari 2600 clone, Amiga 600, Nintendo G&W, Nes clone, Sega Mega Drive, QuickShot Supervision, PSX, Dreamcast -Best console EVER, PS2 (second best ever), PSP, Xbox 360, Wii, NDS lite, NGC, PS3, PS4.

CLICK ONE OF BUTTONS BELOW TO LEARN SOMETHING NEW:
:but x::but cir::but square::but tri:

51 minutes ago, marvin said:

Mod that was done is called HAN. If you want to play online, don't update (4.82 is golden firmware for now). Just use proxy to spoof your firmware version. 

Thanks for your reply, as I'm new to this can you explain how to use proxy?

2 hours ago, Fadi said:

Thanks for your reply, as I'm new to this can you explain how to use proxy?

Sadly I don't use proxy as i'm on CFW. Maybe someone other can help. 

PS4 CUH-11XXA - Latest OFW - 500GB SSHD | PS3 CECH-20XX - Latest OFW - 80GB | PSP 200X - 6.60 Pro C-fix3 - 8GB µSD to MS Pro Duo | PSTV - 3.60 - 8GB USB Stick

My History: Commodore128, Atari 2600 clone, Amiga 600, Nintendo G&W, Nes clone, Sega Mega Drive, QuickShot Supervision, PSX, Dreamcast -Best console EVER, PS2 (second best ever), PSP, Xbox 360, Wii, NDS lite, NGC, PS3, PS4.

CLICK ONE OF BUTTONS BELOW TO LEARN SOMETHING NEW:
:but x::but cir::but square::but tri:

10 hours ago, marvin said:

Sadly I don't use proxy as i'm on CFW. Maybe someone other can help. 

no problem I found it on youtube it's easy and working fine now, thanks for your help.