• Announcements

• GregoryRasputin

Say Hello, Make An Introduction Thread :)   11/20/2015

We love having new members join the forum, what we like more is them being productive people and contributing a little bit to the forum. So if you are a new member, let us know who you are by saying hi in an introduction thread, you can find the forum section here: https://playstationhax.xyz/forums/forum/15-member-introduction/
GregoryRasputin

Replacing The Li-Ion Cells Of The PSP Battery

Cristi Caciuloiu a PSP owner decided to replace the Li Ion cells on his PSP's battery, here is a quote from the PDF:

NOZh2AT.png

The following report presents the effort of a PSP fan (that would be me) to keep this old companion

alive. With the Lithium-Ion batteries passing the test of time, it should be known already to everyone

using them that they are likely to suffer significant capacity loss over time. Their life expectancy

depends on many variables including the temperature and the charge level during storage, the number

of full discharge/recharge cycles, the depth of the discharge (the shorter the discharge level, the longer

its life will be), etc. One will have to accept the permanent capacity loss and the need to find a

replacement once the battery starts to provide increasingly shorter energy.

In my case, the battery for the PSP-3004 model held fairly well for at least three years of daily use but

eventually its capacity decreased rather suddenly to around 15-20 minutes. Here are the options one has

today for this problem:

Source

Download PDF

• Upvote 3

That has to be crazy dangerous. I almost burned a restaurant down trying to make a pandora battery the thing started shooting flames and made a crazy burn in the carpet, had to evacuate the place because it filled with smoke. 

Considering the popularity of the PSP, replacement batteries will be around for a long time to come. No need to do this unless you're confident you won't burn yourself...

Sent from my Nexus⁴ via Tapatalk

Replacing cells isnt that dangerous as long as you're aware of the danger and follow all safety guidelines.

Psp batteries are so common and so cheap I don't see the point at all....

Sent from my Galaxy S5 via Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Replacing cells isnt that dangerous as long as you're aware of the danger and follow all safety guidelines.

Yes, but why do it if you can just buy a replacement? Not like you can't find decent quality PSP batteries. Perhaps in 10-20 years it will be harder, but by then I am sure everything will be able to emulate the PSP...

• Upvote 1

Yes, but why do it if you can just buy a replacement? Not like you can't find decent quality PSP batteries. Perhaps in 10-20 years it will be harder, but by then I am sure everything will be able to emulate the PSP...

Yes, but thats "kind of" beside the point. Point was that its not really that dangerous if youre careful etc.

Whether or not its worth replacing the cells for a PSP battery... Well, I doubt it is... Laptop batteries is a completely different matter though, where replacing the cells often is significantly cheaper than buying a new battery.

And even by the time PSP batteries are no longer available, there will always be other types of batteries that can be used that doesnt require slaughtering it into molecules lol

As for emulating the PSP, sure, you can emulate the original GB as well - but having a real working GB is a lot more fun and 'exclusive' :)

i put my tablet batteri on my psp its working very nice and the life in game exprience time of the duration increased for 1 week without charging

so i guess  its ok to folow the topic