GregoryRasputin

Forum Software Changed

Still, it's better to merge early, when the member list isn't very big, as it can be a bigger pain when a site has alot of content. Migration tools aren't perfect, but they get most of it right. Quick reply, option to quick/full edit a post, more customizations and themes, ability to check for forum upgrades from admin cp, more control in admin cp and generally just a nicer UI make mybb one of the nicer ones. Be sure to optimize sql tables afterward, as this will help with page loading times, not that it's by any means slow now.:)

Most likely permissions are defined differently on the sql table. The important data is ok, which is what matters most. It's just a case of general housekeeping to get things back to normal. :P

Edit: The migration seems to have caused a lost activation of a member's account, namely franzes80. You can activate him manually in the admin cp though. :P

* Dev/Coder status seem to be lost for most dev/coding members

* Links in old posts are looking horrible (can be edited manually, there are not that many links perhaps hundred orso)

* Dev/Coder status seem to be lost for most dev/coding members

* Links in old posts are looking horrible (can be edited manually, there are not that many links perhaps hundred orso)

Yeah, everyone lost their status, even me, so the merge tool is totally rubbish and converting permissions properly.

I think ill need to change the links of the front page articles too, haven't checked them yet.

Was quite late when i did all this, so didn't bother finishing.

Starmelter, what errors ?

If you are talking about that 500 error, its always been there, i think the hosts fucked up when they transferred my stuff from my old hosts, it also has to do with server load and until i get a better server or start my own at home, we will always have these problems.

But i am working on them and not ignoring them :)

I've sorted out the errors in link and image parsing, as well as youtube videos are fixed. Emoticons may not all be correct though, but I'll leave that to users to decide if they want to edit their posts to fix those.:P

Edit: Admin promotion? Thanks Greg. I'll check forum config and make sure restrictions aren't too low (I think it's limiting user posts to three URL links per post).

Edit2: Set user groups for devs and coders to have 3 stars and bold blue user titles to help them stand out. User group and forum display permissions all look spot on as well, so all good now.;)

Missing a Like button :P

Done :)

Thanks button FTW. One would be great

Like buttons are better, there are always times where you don't need to thank someone, but like their post, like works better for both ways than thanks does.