Sign in to follow this  
mr_lou

Blu-Play Developer Pages

It's been 2 years already since Blu-Play was born. I can't believe how fast time flies. (Standard opening to all of my posts).

The whole idea with the Blu-Play label was to make more homebrew game developers interested in Blu-ray Disc Java (BD-J), so we'd see more BD-J homebrew. I ported "Ukko's Journey" to BD-J to disprove a lot of false claims seen here and there online, and to show everyone that BD-J is perfectly capable as a homebrew gamedev platform.

And it had an effect. During the past 2 years, I saw a LOT of interest from developers, curiously asking lots of questions about the possibilities, first doubting that it was really true that you could target all 3 consoles simply by using Java. But once I got them convinced, they eagerly expressed a lot of interest. 🙂

To help out developers interested in BD-J homebrew games, I have now created some developer pages on Blu-Play.com
On these pages you can find information on how to get started, various tips'n'tricks and other useful info. It's still a work in progress but I thought I'd let you know it's there now. (It's assumed you know basic Java - you won't find a Java tutorial there).

Developers are also much welcome at channel #blu-play on Freenode for a chat. The more the merrier, as they say. See ya there! 🙂