ConsoleHax

Screenshot shows that changing the Country/Region of your PlayStation Store might become possible.

A Reddit user under the pseudonym AlphaFoxWarfare has shared a PlayStation 4 screenshot that shows us a screen which allows the user to change the Country/Region of the account.

PSStoreRegion.jpeg?resize=656,369&ssl=1

Sony has not yet issued an official statement about this feature, and it seems that it does not work yet. This could be Sony's first step toward preparing for the European ban on Geoblocking, a law that is applied since December 3rd that states customers within the European Union can not be refused because of their region by a webshop from within the EU. 

This could also mean that this feature will only be available to residents of the European Union.

In the absence of the an official announcement from Sony, users are experimenting with the option themselves. It seems that despite appearing in the store menu, it isn’t functional yet. Either Sony slipped and the feature appeared prematurely, or the company’s gearing up to set it live soon and this was just the first step. We don’t have any other details at the moment but we’ll make sure to update our readers when we have more information.
– PlayStationLifeStyle.net

Upon loading the PS Store page via my console, I found the option (pictured above) to change countries under “Store Region” in the menu on the left. The list of countries that I can switch my UK account to includes Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, and Sweden.
– AlphaFoxWarfare

SOURCE: Reddit
Via: PlayStationLifeStyle.net
Dutch: ConsoleHax.com