Sign in to follow this  
TheZander

The Game Boy Advance Consolizer

A new modkit has been made by someone named Stephen who blogs about the projects he's involved with. One of his latest is the GBA Consolizer http://stephens-projects.com/projects/gbahdmi/ which makes it possible to play your GBA on your modern HD television with no latency or lag just as if playing on the handheld yourself. 

At this point you're probably thinking to yourself "hey jerk I connect my GBA to my GameCube with my 'Game Boy Player' adapter and play it on my TV everyday what makes this so special". The Game Boy Player does not hold a candle to this though if you read through the features and see how it's a digital output opposed to analog so stuff does not get screwed up. 

Also another useful addition to this mod is the addition of a SNES controller port. That way if you do not want the authenticate Game Boy experience with the screen being a fraction of an inch away from the player's eyes because the tin LCD is now replaced with a giant widescreen television you now have the luxury of using a controller with a decent length cord to get a better view. 

Here are some related videos:

Source http://stephens-projects.com/projects/gbahdmi/

via http://retrorgb.com/gba-consolizer-an-hdmi-720p-gba-kit.html

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGPuZunS6i2DeDj1fD0vE

1 hour ago, Lucif3r said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGPuZunS6i2DeDj1fD0vE

I don't think you watched the 43 minute interview where he goes over his reasonings. To sum it up he believes we live in a time where if man does not continue to advance equipment that has become antiquated the machines will grow contempt for mankind in their dormancy and plot to overthrow us all.

idk,, I like the plug in and play idea.. but being realistic, Option  a) if I had my gba still (the gba/gb carts) are 70$ and up (last Friday ) pokemon yellow was 86 and change. so to buy (or order ebay etc) then having  to buy  the device's (controller/ consolizer/carts) that's just  out the question  (atleast 150$ easy spent)  vs... option b (not even gonna list consoles) most phones/ if wanted a controller/hdmi adapter(tops 50$ or 80$) at least  in my state ca

(optimization varies per adapter )

24 minutes ago, tangotnt said:

idk,, I like the plug in and play idea.. but being realistic, Option  a) if I had my gba still (the gba/gb carts) are 70$ and up (last Friday ) pokemon yellow was 86 and change. so to buy (or order ebay etc) then having  to buy  the device's (controller/ consolizer/carts) that's just  out the question  (atleast 150$ easy spent)  vs... option b (not even gonna list consoles) most phones/ if wanted a controller/hdmi adapter(tops 50$ or 80$) at least  in my state ca

(optimization varies per adapter )

I think this type of project is more practical for someone who sort of hordes consoles despite their wear and tear. I have gba carts everywhere they have permanently permeated my junk drawers so I'd have a decent library if i did it. I don't really have a broken snes but i have enough of them to where if i had the time or will to carefully remove a port i could do it. I didn't look into all the cost i thought part of it was a RPi.

On 12/3/2018 at 2:21 PM, TheZander said:

(...)which makes it possible to play your GBA on your modern HD television with no latency or lag just as if playing on the handheld yourself

This is reason enough for people like me.  I really hate video latency and input lag