BwE

Release: BwE PS4 NOR Validator

screenshot_norvalidator.pngscreenshot_norvalidator2.png

Hello! Since my BwE PS4 NOR Statistics v1.00 release followed by v1.1, this program is the full version of my PS4 NOR Validator... it is designed solely to validate the NOR flash of your PS4 console from Better Way Electronics!

Download: BwE_PS4_NOR_Validator.rar (5.8 MB - Latest Version)

Why would you need to do this? Well if your console has suddenly died and has what is called the 'BLOD', the NOR can be the reason why.
Using my program will allow you to validate literally every single byte of the NOR (or 1782 specific areas) - allowing you to see where or if it is corrupted.
The most common area of corruption that causes the BLOD is the CID. This is mostly full of perconsole data and thus cannot be repaired.
BUT! My program will show you areas that are fillers and areas that are static (which are unchanging across consoles). You may get lucky!
Other areas can be inter-changed between different consoles and are more suited for repair, the WiFi/BT module is a good example of this.
So fundamentally, this program is for console repairers like myself. If you are indeed a repairer and run a business I can make a custom 'bulk' version for you!

This is the internal revision number 84 (and the first public version, obviously), so hopefully there shouldn't be any major bugs!
If you encounter any errors or weird results - or better yet if your NOR is labeled danger in any areas, but still runs fine - let me know!
This program is NOT perfect, but it is much better than just using a hex editor or never truly knowing if your BLOD is caused by the NOR!
This also goes above and beyond that of the psdevwiki page regarding the main flash of the PS4. When I have time, I will update it!

Have fun and good luck!

Fun numbers:

• 84 revisions
  • 11210 lines of code
  • 585 possible OK results
  • 389 possible WARNING results
  • 227 possible DANGER results
  • 1782 offsets read
  • 1423 if statements
  • 289 regular expressions
  • 2023 print F's

Version History:
1.1 (28/11/18) Improved VTRM & CID Validation, Typo Fixes, Better Colours! Whoops!
1.0 (27/11/18) First Release!

More Information:
File MD5: 4291FD6C3D14CFCB540FF3A7F3B591B1
Chiptune: Class05 - Maktone
Illustration: Ilya Kuvshinov (Other GFX by BwE)

PSDevWiki Article

If you like what I do, or just like me for me, buy me a coffeeeee!

[IMG]

Awesome work, thanks for posting.

I removed the links to PSXAIDS as they don't fit with the thread, why should one be redircted to a scene website trash when they can get those links here 😛 

Lol why can't we all love each other? 

3 hours ago, BwE said:

Lol why can't we all love each other? 

I love everyone :mooning:

Great Work BwE??

keep it up Bro