Thibobo

Help needed with faulty ps3 bd drive (phat (nand bc))

Question

Hello guys, i'm having trouble with a ps3 bd drive that suddently stopped working, the lens still reads discs but the drive just won't load any discs maybe some hardware experts like @Puffdragon could help me out? tweets above is what i already tried, but no luck so far. I will be reinstalling my cfw but i don't think that'll change anything though. any suggestions? please leave a comment! thanks!

6 answers to this question

Do you have any other spare Full BD Drive to roll out if the problem the Drive or on the Mobo

@Thibobo I have checked and I have a spare BD Drive (It should be working as the PS3 works fine except overheating). Let me know if changing the lens didn't help to arrange a meeting.

Modelnumber: F151182926

qKY2LaC.jpg

6 hours ago, 3absiso said:

Do you have any other spare Full BD Drive to roll out if the problem the Drive or on the Mobo

i changed the mechanism & the daughterboard, i'm sure the lens is fine as i played on it right before it wouldn't eject the disc, if it is the mobo is it fixable?

@3absiso i now remaried a fully new drive, still same problem, so i can now say 100% sure it isn't the drive it's fault

EDIT: i will be reflowing the mobo once again tommorrow and see what it does, i'm pretty sure it isn't the drive as the same problem keeps coming back to different drives

UPDATE: reflowed the console again but still same problem, i think it's a lost case, i'll leave it as it is, now i'll have to decide if i'll burn or smash it xD

The problem is solely the disc drive? Why would you smash it because of that especially when you just reflowed it.