• Developer

PS4 RiPKiT/Modding/Cheat/BackPort Tool By RiPPERD

spacer.png

This is now fully working!
PLEASE SEE POST #2 FOR REGULAR UPDATED INFO/REQUESTS
**PLEASE ALL USERS SEE POST 2**

New Info Update After V1.5

Usages of this tool:
The main reason for this tool is to make RipKits (smaller game files with things riped out) this is usually language files, videos etc.
However another use is users that dont know how to modify games, add cheats/mod menus, files etc now can... so with the devs/modders posting their patch files made by this tool you will be able to just click a buttom and enjoy modded games... This could be Loads of ammo... Infinite Health... Debug menus etc via either modded eboot.bin file or modded game files.

PLEASE NOTE: Compressing/Making patch file may take a long time depending on your specs!
The app CANNOT crash so just wait!
Decompressing/Applying patch will be a LOT faster than making the patches!
Again the app CANNOT crash!

V2.2 UPDATE
Added all other prx files supplied
should now not show any errors for missing files

V2.1 UPDATE
made loads of changes
changed to selfutil where i could
only 1 button for backport now
1 click fully working from pkg to pkg
added runtime files (if you download the RT version) this has dotnet and python 2.7 included for those who dont know how
ignore any errors its only coz of files that are not included in your game (prx files)

spacer.png
added more on screen stuff so you dont get bored
not sure if thats all but its fully working now

BACKPORT INSTRUCTIONS
Backporting games:

Now comes with 1 Click!!
Place you PKG file into root of my app
Rename it original.pkg
Open my app
Click BackPort
Press any key a few times when asked
Enjoy!

What does this tool do?
Its an AIO patcher to release a patch file instead of users downloading whole games again.
Back in the PSP and PS3 days this is how RipKits were made... ive made it slightly different now due to windows 10 and other requirements that only work on older versions.

Basic tutorial

FOR DEVS
(Devs are needed to make the patches)
Download my app
Place the game PKG file into the directory of this app and rename it to original.pkg
make a copy of the game in same folder and rename it to ripped.pkg
open up the modded pkg game file with other ps4 tools
make any changes to the game (remove languages, add cheats etc)
repack the ripped pkg file with your usual tools
now run the tool with both files in same folder
click MAKE PATCH
wait... may take while on larger games

you will now have a "patch.RiPPERD" file and a "ripped.gp4" file
these are the files you share with others
These files are now much smaller than previous versions

FOR END USERS
Download my app and the required "patch.RiPPERD" and "ripped.gp4" file for your game
Place game PKG file, "patch.RiPPERD" and "ripped.gp4" into my app folder
rename game pkg to "original.pkg"
now run the tool with both files in same folder
click APPLY PATCH
wait... may take while on larger games
now you will have a ripped pkg with the original file name pkg
copy to usb/ps4
Enjoy!

NOTES: files must be called the exact as i typed so...
original.pkg ripped.pkg patch.RiPPERD ripped.gp4
ALL CASE SENSITIVE!

UPDATE INFORMATION

V2.2 - no more errors shown if files dont exist

added all other prx files to the list

V2.1 - HUGE UPDATE (See above for details)

V2.0 - Major Update

Added support for all prx files inside the module folder

added the right.prx file
now it should really do a full working pkg for you

V1.9 - Major Update
Reworked the whole code so now its 1 click n00b friendly too on seperate button
Also fixed the code for the advanced users button

V1.8 - Major Update
Reworked the whole code so now its 1 click
See OP for instructions

V1.7 - Minor Fixes
chnaged code so works seperately now no long waits for backport
included UnFself.exe

V1.6 - Added Feature

Added 1 Click Backporting for games
(i will add this to the modding buttons at later date)

V1.5 - MAJOR Update

Code Cleanup
Massive Rework to Patch File Size
Changed GUI - Added Tutorial to About Button
Made it Super n00b Friendly (A Monkey could do it now)
This tool can also now be used to make Modded Games, Cheats, Texture Changes... Anything really... If you mod it this will make a patch for it.

DOWNLOAD HERE:

(NEWEST)
V2.2

https://www.mirrored.to/files/0U70IMOF/PS4_RipKit-Mod-Cheat-BackPort_Tool_V2.2_By_RiPPERD_0.rar_links
https://www.mirrored.to/files/FZ9OWEDZ/PS4_RipKit-Mod-Cheat-BackPort_Tool_V2.2_By_RiPPERD-RT.rar_links

V2.1

NO RUNTIME INCLUDED (.net and python)
https://www.mirrored.to/files/ODP2OSQQ/PS4_RipKit-Mod-Cheat-BackPort_Tool_V2.1_By_RiPPERD.rar_links

RUNTIME FILES INCLUDED TOO (.net and python)
https://www.mirrored.to/files/0RQOW6FK/PS4_RipKit-Mod-Cheat-BackPort_Tool_V2.1_By_RiPPERD_RT.rar_links

Edited by RiPPERD
Added new Feature
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

PS4 RiPKiT/Modding/Cheat/BackPort Tool By RiPPERD This is now fully working! PLEASE SEE POST #2 FOR REGULAR UPDATED INFO/REQUESTS **PLEASE ALL USERS SEE POST 2** New Info Update After V1.5 Usage

That sounds awesome. Currently, I am not doing it full time. Got a lot going IRL. It'd be definitely a great experience collaborating with you. Thanks a lot for the offer. It's an honour. I will let y

ok well then maybe you need to make sure trophy folder is also in the modded.pkg file   ill be honest ive not had chance to do any ps4 stuff for a few months but i chucked this out to bump u

• GregoryRasputin
  • Developer

added dead rising 2 custom patch with my old mega mod for ps3! its been revived to ps4! enjoy!

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...
  • Developer

Just an update for you guys, i plan to update this app and start releasing game mods and cheats etc (offline cheats of course) once we get this release...

*Falls asleep for another night with no jailbreak update* lol

• Like 1
  • GregoryRasputin
1 hour ago, RiPPERD said:

Just an update for you guys, i plan to update this app and start releasing game mods and cheats etc (offline cheats of course) once we get this release...

*Falls asleep for another night with no jailbreak update* lol

Jailbreak is a go on 6.72.

It isn't stable but it works.

• Developer
7 hours ago, GregoryRasputin said:

Jailbreak is a go on 6.72.

It isn't stable but it works.

yeah ive woken up to it today... except the site crashed and now i cannot see the how to video lol

another thing yesterday i downloaded both normal and recovery firmware from the D....S... guys website (cant remember his name) but normal was 300mb ish recovery is 900mb ish

yet the firmware in the post from today was 400mb ish... which 1 do i need to use? surely an older copy of the firmware would be safer and in theory contain LESS patched code from sony?

once i have this up and running ill be getting to work and getting on with some mods

added 12 minutes later

it would seem actually ive been blocked/banned from psxhax... works fine if i clear site settings... then i login and i get nothing just the header... wtf

• Developer

This is now updated to 1.6... added 1 click support for backporting games

• GregoryRasputin
7 hours ago, RiPPERD said:

This is now updated to 1.6... added 1 click support for backporting games

You should turn the "tip" option on so people can send you a donation for your work :)

• Like 1
  • Developer

haha thanks for the idea mate (not sure how all that works) im old school though mate like yourself... im not in this for the money, ive not forgotten my roots and i do it to make others lives easier like the scene used to be.

Ill happily take donations we all need extra money lol but please remember my work is to help keep the scene alive and my tools are usually so easy to use i expect to see/help other get their foot in the door so to speak and maybe start making their own tools :)

• Like 1

Hey RiPPERD.
First of all thanks for your fruitful work, it's really helpful especially for us noobs, Just wondering how to backport games using your app, I put the game pkg in backport folder then on the app I click on backport button that's all? also how to backport updates files.

• Developer
17 minutes ago, iXeN said:

Hey RiPPERD.
First of all thanks for your fruitful work, it's really helpful especially for us noobs, Just wondering how to backport games using your app, I put the game pkg in backport folder then on the app I click on backport button that's all? also how to backport updates files.

Hello,

sorry it was late when i posted the update.

right so ive not tested it this way but i would do this and please report back to me

1. place the pkg file in app root dir (where my app is) and call ir original.pkg

2. click make ripkit and follow insrtuctions etc

3. once you get to the extracted stage take the elf file and the sfo file and place them in backport folder call them both old.elf and old.sfo

4. go back to my main app window and click backport wait for that to finish

5. take your modded files and place them where they came from

6. now cary on with the ripkit stage (command window)

7. now you should have modded.pkg file

8. install this modded.pkg (rename if you want thats fine)

hope this helps ill do it myself in a bit i just dont have space on my laptop for downloading right now ill dig out my other laptop and download a game to test it on

Edited by RiPPERD
  • Like 2
23 minutes ago, RiPPERD said:

Hello,

sorry it was late when i posted the update.

right so ive not tested it this way but i would do this and please report back to me

1. place the pkg file in app root dir (where my app is) and call ir original.pkg

2. click make ripkit and follow insrtuctions etc

3. once you get to the extracted stage take the elf file and the sfo file and place them in backport folder call them both old.elf and old.sfo

4. go back to my main app window and click backport wait for that to finish

5. take your modded files and place them where they came from

6. now cary on with the ripkit stage (command window)

7. now you should have modded.pkg file

8. install this modded.pkg (rename if you want thats fine)

hope this helps ill do it myself in a bit i just dont have space on my laptop for downloading right now ill dig out my other laptop and download a game to test it on

Alright mate, I'll try it with Dark Souls Remastered - CUSA08495 since it's 6.80GB.
Just want a little hint for the 5th step, you mean the files I get in backport folder I place them back on root folder where you app is then proceede with ripkit stage that's it?

• Like 1
  • Developer
10 minutes ago, iXeN said:

Alright mate, I'll try it with Dark Souls Remastered - CUSA08495 since it's 6.80GB.
Just want a little hint for the 5th step, you mean the files I get in backport folder I place them back on root folder where you app is then proceede with ripkit stage that's it?

Hello,

no so for example:

ELF is here FPKG\GAME\ELF FILE so this is where you took it from to place it in the backport folder... you must put the NEW.ELF (rename back to original name though) and then place it back where you got it from so in this example it will be FPKG\GAME\ELF FILE

same with SFO file

then it will repack it to modded.pkg

ill download a small game too and test it and do some screenshots

• Like 1

Alright, I'll try it on my own while waiting for your tutorial with images, keep going man I really appreciate your work
Also I have a note that could be useful if you are unaware of it, I heard that trophy folder could cause backport to fail so it wouldn't work if Trophy folder isn't backed up with backport, since it's written on ram while verification or something like that I'm not sure.

• Developer
6 minutes ago, iXeN said:

Alright, I'll try it on my own while waiting for your tutorial with images, keep going man I really appreciate your work
Also I have a note that could be useful if you are unaware of it, I heard that trophy folder could cause backport to fail so it wouldn't work if Trophy folder isn't backed up with backport, since it's written on ram while verification or something like that I'm not sure.

ok well then maybe you need to make sure trophy folder is also in the modded.pkg file

ill be honest ive not had chance to do any ps4 stuff for a few months but i chucked this out to bump up the tool.... i hope 1 day it will be an AIO tool for all to use and learn from... but were see coz time is not on my side lol (not enough hours in a day)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Haha alright, take your time RiPPERD, now I'm going to try it on Sega Classics Collection 800MB Pkg 6.72 and let you know later.
Edit : that fpkg doesn't include elf file I don't know why, just found sfo

Edited by iXeN
  • Developer

right so an update for you... ive tried this myself now

my tool WILL patch the files for you but that is all

the other features of the app wont work together YET

so you must do this for backporting:

1. download your pkg and extract it

2. get the sfo file from sce_sys folder place it in my backport folder

3. get the eboot.bin file and use another tool for it (as per original backport guys instructions) so you get the ELF file

4. once you done that take the ELF file and place it in the BackPort folder

5. now run my app and click backport

6. now you must repack these files into your pkg via another method

sorry for all the messing about i didnt have a game to test it on nor did i realise that you had to convery the eboot.bin to .elf file i am going to look into this and see if i can make this happen via command lines and then i should be able to make it a 1 click feature as stated before

• Like 1
  • Developer

ive sussed it out!! got the file needed for unpackign eboot

• Like 1
  • Developer

updated to v1.7 now includes the needed tool -

https://www.mirrored.to/files/OVDOUD6G/PS4_RipKit-Mod-Cheat-BackPort_Tool_V1.7_By_RiPPERD.rar_links
  • Like 2
  • Developer

you must drag eboot.bin on the UnFself.exe file included in 1.7 onwards then rename the decrypted file old.elf see first post for instructions

Well done man, much respect ❤️ 
when you have time, update it to 1.8 where you select pkg then click backport and the app does everything on its own.

• Like 2
  • Developer

haha yeah id love that but my coding knowledge is not great... however i do now have a way so you dont need to rename files etc

• Like 2