Jump to content
GregoryRasputin

PSA: Be Aware Of These Fake Devs And Scammers

Recommended Posts

In May of this year(2018) i had to create this thread calling out some fakes/scammers in the PlayStation scene, these clowns were claiming that they had a PS4 Jailbreak on 5.5x and were able to go online with said Jailbreak, they were also trying to convince people to update to this firmware, but they are not the only fakes and that thread was not suitable for other names i wanted to add, so this will combine the old list and add new names from other PS scenes.

 

SleOWli.jpg

 

 

 

Original List Created - 17th May 2018:

 

@Whispersintheb1

This is the infamous scene clown Umar, if you have not heard that name before, ask someone on PlayStation Homebrew Discord  or you can ask on DarkSoftware Discord, i think @centrino is a big fan of his, so perhaps mention him when asking, or simply just join the server and as "Who is Umar", you will be told all the stupid things he has done, he has trolled a lot and been incredibly annoying, he usually is the butt of everyone's jokes.

 

 

This guy seems to be the ring leader of the idiot group and the one spamming the fake tweets the most. 

 

@84Ciss

If you were part of the PS3 scene, you would have unfortunately heard of the lame Team SGK, they took other peoples work such as CFW and put their own name on it.

 

@RSPxAndrew2007x

Andrew is a YouTuber who has hosted a video on his channel that claims to be a Jailbreak for 5.53 which also has online access, this is 100% fake, i wrote an article about him here:
Scene Warning - Do Not Trust YouTube Videos By @RSPxAndrew2007x Aka Andrew2007 | xAndrew2007x

 

 

If you are following any of those guys on Twitter, unfollow and block them, also unsubscribe from Andrew as he is making money from scamming you when you watch his fake videos.

 

 

Here is Umar trying to convince r00tbeer to update to 5.50:

27Gvdj9.jpg

 

 

 

Now that firmware 5.55 is released, they are saying the will be releasing a 5.55 Jailbreak with online access.

 

 

You need to understand that everything they say is a lie, if you are on any firmware below 5.05 and update to 5.5x, you will lose the ability to have a Jailbreak, perhaps permanently, so do not update past 5.05 regardless of what anyone tries to convince you to do, here is a list of of other people who create fake videos:

 

xHARDHeMPuS

This idiot has been posting fake KExploit videos for a LONG time, half his Twitter followers are fake and i am sure he has bought a ton of those YouTube subscribers.

 

 

 

Added - 26th August 2018:

 

 

Ben Yousaf aka OFWModz aka ZuKuTo aka Piano aka OFWModzLIVE aka KrewIife aka ZuKuToOfficial aka yasmineyousaf(Skype) aka krewella
When you look at this clowns Twitter, you wouldn't think anything shady about it, the only bad thing is the guy seems to be a massive cunt, but that is not a crime in itself, i would not have known about this person had it not been for "name redacted at request", who told me of this idiot going around saying that he is "W" from Team PS3Xploit, here is a screenshot from his Discord server:

rq4PDT8.png

 

And here is a screenshot from one of his YouTube videos:

e0P6RH5.png

 

 

I did post a PSA on Twitter warning people to not trust people claiming to be devs from PS3Xploit mentiong the official forum PSX-Place, here is what they replied:

 

Added 19th October 2018 

 

 @ktiosz_dev

I have known many 15, 16, 17 year old developers and they have been very mature, sadly this person who claims to be a dev is very immature.

He keeps claiming he has a PS4 Exploit, when the reality is he has nothing and is just some bored kid looking for attention. 

 

 

 

 

PS4 Scene Developer Al Azif is creating a website dedicated to warning people of such scammers, you can read more about it here:

https://github.com/FakesExposed/FakesExposed.github.io

 

 

 

I have an incomplete list of trusted developers here:

But this caused a lot of controversy, with people complaining that some people shouldn't be on it and others complaining that they were not on it.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

PS4 Scene Developer Al Azif is creating a website dedicated to warning people of such scammers, you can read more about it here:

https://github.com/FakesExposed/FakesExposed.github.io

 

 

 

 

its a good idea, but i already don't understand it and don't see the point...

 

Site Rules

  1. "Fake" will be define as "Clickbait or fake content meant to mislead the community or generate revenue from said content"
  2. No words will be put in a site's mouth, they are free to abstain from voting yay/nay or participating at all
    • A site's vote will be shown for each accused user's profile page
  3. Sites can change their vote at any time
  4. If a profile has no yays the profile will be removed
  5. Sites that appear to be complicit with promoting/shielding fake content will be removed
  6. Evidence must be provided to bring forward an accusation.

 

 

Invites to:

If you represent any of the following sites and would like to participate/be removed from this list, contact me on Twitter @_AlAzif

  • Elotrolado
  • Logic Sunrise
  • PSX-Place
  • PSXHAX
  • /r/PS4Homebrew
  • GBATemp
  • Wololo
  • Think you should be on this list? Let us know

 

 

Does the red TEXT above not fit one of the invites really well? So why invited..... .It kind of takes the steam out of this before it even gets off the ground.

 

So essentially something like this would be shielding/providing credibility and giving them a vote (if i understand everything correctly) when it been proved throughout years  they violate these rules..  rule 1 and 4 ..

 

Hard to take our invite seriously when Other's and myself have warned over the years of the ploys they have toyed. If they are Invited and have been proven to be part of the problem and not the solution i don't understand the point what so ever.  .. .

Edited by STLcardsWS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, STLcardsWS said:

 

its a good idea, but i already don't understand it and don't see the point...

 

Hard to take our invite seriously when Other's and myself have warned over the years of the ploys they have toyed. If they are Invited and have been proven to be part of the problem and not the solution i don't understand the point what so ever.  .. .

 

I accepted the invite as i am always posting about scammers and fakes, so if i can contribute to a website dedicated to calling these people out that's all great, however:

The whole PSXHaX does throw me off, how can a dishonest website be used to contribute to a website calling out fake websites and scammers, perhaps we need to inform or remind Al Azif how much of a bad site it is and why it shouldn't be asked to take part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, GregoryRasputin said:

 

I accepted the invite as i am always posting about scammers and fakes, so if i can contribute to a website dedicated to calling these people out that's all great, however:

The whole PSXHaX does throw me off, how can a dishonest website be used to contribute to a website calling out fake websites and scammers, perhaps we need to inform or remind Al Azif how much of a bad site it is and why it shouldn't be asked to take part.

 

The solutions to this issue of fakes is really simple. (at least limiting its impact)

Developer's as a whole need to stop releasing on social media platform / platforms where also scammers can also do the same thing as them.

 

A site like here or mine, scams do not last.. So it would make sense for developer's to change habits a bit. Not saying not use social media, but use a trusted source to post at to go along with it A fake would not do this... (or get away with it on a trusted scene site) ...  Then tweet out the post of that site of your liking. By providing something creditable with it, does something on social media that no scammer could do...... Then if we revert that mindset that  trusted scene sites should be the first place to look for creditable info not a random tweet i think we could limit the impact alot. Obviously there will be new devs and there will be some devs that will release how they want but if more do it this way (like it was once done) it will truly have an impact on what fakes can do..

 

If your a developer who releases exclusively on twitter/social media, please consider choosing a trusted site and posting there first (no character restrictions) and from there tweet/share that link.Also, Keep in mind github can be faked and used by scammers as well, list those type of links in your post on a trusted platform..

 

 

Edited by STLcardsWS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2018 at 2:01 PM, STLcardsWS said:

 

The solutions to this issue of fakes is really simple. (at least limiting its impact)

Developer's as a whole need to stop releasing on social media platform / platforms where also scammers can also do the same thing as them.

 

A site like here or mine, scams do not last.. So it would make sense for developer's to change habits a bit. Not saying not use social media, but use a trusted source to post at to go along with it A fake would not do this... (or get away with it on a trusted scene site) ...  Then tweet out the post of that site of your liking. By providing something creditable with it, does something on social media that no scammer could do...... Then if we revert that mindset that  trusted scene sites should be the first place to look for creditable info not a random tweet i think we could limit the impact alot. Obviously there will be new devs and there will be some devs that will release how they want but if more do it this way (like it was once done) it will truly have an impact on what fakes can do..

 

If your a developer who releases exclusively on twitter/social media, please consider choosing a trusted site and posting there first (no character restrictions) and from there tweet/share that link.Also, Keep in mind github can be faked and used by scammers as well, list those type of links in your post on a trusted platform..

 

 

This makes sense, I disliked the trend of having to check on a bunch of people's twitters for up to date info. Someone posting a link to their thread on their Twitter is a much better plan. Twitter comments aren't moderated and are about as comprehensible as a twitch stream chat which would make it better all around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheZander said:

This makes sense, I disliked the trend of having to check on a bunch of people's twitters for up to date info. Someone posting a link to their thread on their Twitter is a much better plan. Twitter comments aren't moderated and are about as comprehensible as a twitch stream chat which would make it better all around.

 

Its makes stuff to find later on as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find all of this hilarious.

 

Things are proven real, by releasing something real.

 

Teasers on the other hand... If I saw one on this website, id likely trust it.

 

Simple as that.

 

Nobody is going to go on a comparative analysis hunt for which user name is on which website after seeing 'REAL LEGIT CFW 5.55 REBUGZ BY @DAREELGEOHOT'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never understood why people do this shit.  I understand pulling pranks and joking people (where nothing malicious actually happens) but to do something to deliberately cause harms to people you don't know and never will meet just completely boggles my mind.  You have to be some special kind of twisted to get your jollies off pulling this kind of shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I assume today it's all about ads and stuff. That seems to be the most prevalent click bait there is. And its with everything nowadays, you see a Twitter post or new YouTube video and it's a all a common practice scam. Those adfly links that are endless or those stupid surveys which if someone actually goes through if the scammer feels like leaving some file at the end it's usually an adware infested exe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, TheZander said:

I assume today it's all about ads and stuff. That seems to be the most prevalent click bait there is. And its with everything nowadays, you see a Twitter post or new YouTube video and it's a all a common practice scam. Those adfly links that are endless or those stupid surveys which if someone actually goes through if the scammer feels like leaving some file at the end it's usually an adware infested exe. 

 

That's fine, I actually get that.  Scamming people for money is a long time favorite.  What I don't get is then providing files that deliberately do damage to people's property.  Make people click forever and never get a legit download is fine, it only harms people by wasting their time but what kind of twisted asshat does that and then on top of it, screws up people's property?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...