BwE

Is your PS4 constantly ejecting its discs?

eject.jpg

This does the trick, never ever ever never ever ever never will it eject again!

I was thinking of making a totally new eject function, but that's too much work!

Posted (edited)

I think you could have done a bit more detailed explanation and with more photos lol

Edited by StarMelter

Lol yeah, what has been done exactly?

6 hours ago, BwE said:

eject.jpg

This does the trick, never ever ever never ever ever never will it eject again!

I was thinking of making a totally new eject function, but that's too much work!

@BwE Hey mate, good to see you back! Kinda off topic, but would you by any chance know anything about why the power and eject buttons have stopped working on my ps4? they will randomly work for periods of time and then stop again. Might be a long shot but what the hell :)

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, StarMelter said:

I think you could have done a bit more detailed explanation and with more photos lol

Haha what else is there to take photos of? Nah fine! I will make a better explanation if you wish!

14 hours ago, zapptheman said:

@BwE Hey mate, good to see you back! Kinda off topic, but would you by any chance know anything about why the power and eject buttons have stopped working on my ps4? they will randomly work for periods of time and then stop again. Might be a long shot but what the hell :)

Bust it open and take some photos for me! Sometimes its just simply dust.

19 hours ago, DEFAULTDNB said:

Lol yeah, what has been done exactly?

I essentially grounded the eject button, rendering it non-functional.

I find this better than taping it or covering it with something as the button can still be pressed when even electrical tape is put on it.

The PS4 surprisingly does not care, not a peep! You can eject via XMB :)

Edited by BwE
more info

On 8/9/2018 at 12:25 PM, BwE said:

Bust it open and take some photos for me! Sometimes its just simply dust.

Hey mate, sorry for the late reply. Been a bit busy.. My work bench is currently a mess and i don't have room to take apart my PS4 XD But here is an image of the logic board i removed from the ps4 when i replaced it with a new one for some testing. The button on this works intermittently too. If you look carefully, you can also see where the previous owner cut the tracers on this logic board.

4ehojt5.jpg 

MqqpOBe.jpg

X1NpnPj.jpg

Thanks for any help bud

weird... did you check the fuses?

does it eject when you touch the pad itself? rather than the button i mean.

10 hours ago, BwE said:

weird... did you check the fuses?

does it eject when you touch the pad itself? rather than the button i mean.

Same issue with both power and eject button. If i touch the pad directly, it does not work 90% of the time. If i use the button, same thing, wont work 90% of the time. The other 10% is when the PS4 gets into a Mood and decided it wants to let the buttons work, and then they work for a bit and then stop again after a while. 

I can also confirm that the issue persists even when i swap logic boards to the new one

On 8/14/2018 at 10:14 PM, zapptheman said:

I can also confirm that the issue persists even when i swap logic boards to the new one

Cable! Its the cable (maybe)!

12 hours ago, BwE said:

Cable! Its the cable (maybe)!

But would the ribbon cable also affect the power button thats on the mainboard?

11 hours ago, zapptheman said:

But would the ribbon cable also affect the power button thats on the mainboard?

Well, no.

But the pads on the end of the ribbon can become bent from inserting over and over again.

Other than that, you'd have to check fuses like crazy?

Its a weird issue that I have never seen.

10 hours ago, BwE said:

Well, no.

But the pads on the end of the ribbon can become bent from inserting over and over again.

Other than that, you'd have to check fuses like crazy?

Its a weird issue that I have never seen.

Yeah. This ps4 has lots of weird issues, previous owner tried to fix the BD drive which had the white thing that kept falling out inside, he completely cooked it man. He damaged the daughterboard (cut some traces which you can see in the images provided) and somehow, wireless does not work. The controller has to be in direct line of sight, less than 30 cm away from the ps4 or it will not connect, and of course the power and eject buttons now working lol. Lucky its just my 4.05 testbench. Terrible though. I don't know how he managed it

Wtf the antenna cable or the antenna itself must be rooted as well...

On 8/21/2018 at 12:08 PM, BwE said:

Wtf the antenna cable or the antenna itself must be rooted as well...

On inspection it looks fine but i might have missed something. It could be the connector but when i last checked it did not seem like any pins were bent. Might need to buy a new one to test

12 hours ago, zapptheman said:

On inspection it looks fine but i might have missed something. It could be the connector but when i last checked it did not seem like any pins were bent. Might need to buy a new one to test

Just get a whole new PS4, I have plenty, buy one of mine. Ill post it anywhere in the world!

8 hours ago, BwE said:

Just get a whole new PS4, I have plenty, buy one of mine. Ill post it anywhere in the world!

I have plenty too XD i just use this to test homebrew anyways. Haven't busted out my launch console yet.

But thanks for the offer!

^_^ YEAH BUDDY

I have so many PS4's I am thinking of putting one in a PS3 FAT case just for funzies.

On 8/23/2018 at 3:56 AM, BwE said:

How much is the console shipped to me BwE?

Or just 12xx Series BD Drive?