ahmedelshamy

i need a program to edit .pkg ps4 game

Question

i need a program to edit .pkg ps4 game that works in my exploit 5.05 to change cover photo or sound in game or anything like unpack the game and repack it again in pkg 😑

5 answers to this question

FTP in and change the icons or files for a quick fix.

Alternatively use pub-chk, open with 32x0’s as password, extract, swap the files out making sure they’re same format and specification, repack with gengp4 and pub-gen.

Edited by DEFAULTDNB

On 7/5/2018 at 11:33 PM, DEFAULTDNB said:

FTP in and change the icons or files for a quick fix.

Alternatively use pub-chk, open with 32x0’s as password, extract, swap the files out making sure they’re same format and specification, repack with gengp4 and pub-gen.

Did you have a tutorial video for this

Lol no, sorry. 

17 hours ago, ahmedelshamy said:

Did you have a tutorial video for this

I could make one but it's pretty straight forward. You need the FPKG tools @cfwprophet patched and you need to know the Password for the fpkg you are extracting. If its 32 0's then enter that as the password and away you go. Else, well you might just need to ask the person who released it what their PW is. 

The code to extract is as follows.... I see not many people have posted this around so hopfully it helps (put this into a batch file)

To unpack pkg files with a passcode (full unpack):
Make sure to replace the values for "Your_Package_Name" with the actual name of the PKG you are extracting

orbis-pub-cmd.exe img_extract --passcode "00000000000000000000000000000000" in\your_package_name.pkg out\
Pause

To unpack without a passcode (Partial unpack, will not be able to repack):
Make sure to replace the values for "Your_Package_Name" with the actual name of the PKG you are extracting

orbis-pub-cmd.exe img_extract --no_passcode in\your_package_name.pkg out\
Pause

Keep in mind, you will need to create in "in" and "out" folders in the directory you are running this batch file from

Edited by zapptheman

Surely double click pub-chk, select the pkg you want, extract it with 32x0 password is easier than making folders and batch scripts?