zapptheman

PS4 5.05 JAILBREAK IMMINENT AND 5.53 JAILBREAK TEASED?

Hi guys.

As you might already know, there is a 5.05 jailbreak in the works thanks to Specterdev.

What you might not know is that there is an individual who goes by the name of Mathieulh. This developer seems to be sitting on a Kexploit for firmware up to and including 5.53.

He has not said too much, but he seems to be a trusted Dev from long ago, so i do not see any reason to doubt his claims. I will quote a few of his tweets below.

Don't like reading? Check out the video summary down below!

You can take this however you want, but i would not be updating expecting a release for this as there has been nothing officially announced, this is just a bit of hope for anyone who is past 5.05 at this current point in time.

As always, it is recommended to stay on the lowest possible firmware while waiting for a jailbreak, or if you have a jailbroken system, it is recommended to stay on your jailbreak until the new one is released, and tested for a few weeks. 

Stay Classy guys, catch you all next time!

Image: 

dwUwZvD.jpg

He is a member here @Mathieulh in case of questions :)

4 hours ago, ocam said:

He is a member here @Mathieulh in case of questions :)

Oh sorry man, i tried taging but wasn't able to :( Glad to see he hangs round these parts. 

5.53... It's Math, so it will probably never be released to the public. Or if it is, it will be due to a leak. 

6 hours ago, Cheesethief said:

5.53... It's Math, so it will probably never be released to the public. Or if it is, it will be due to a leak. 

I have faith in him, but we will see, he doesn't owe us anything so time will tell. I think he might wait a bit and release it after further PS4 updates

On 5/14/2018 at 7:45 PM, ocam said:

Well that is great news :) made a new video about it! Thanks for the tip!

1 hour ago, zapptheman said:

Well that is great news :) made a new video about it! Thanks for the tip!

Check the news again. Maybe the date won't be exactly the 20th, anyway the release is just around the corner. Vultra released some stuff today

24 minutes ago, ocam said:

Check the news again. Maybe the date won't be exactly the 20th, anyway the release is just around the corner. Vultra released some stuff today

Yeah man i told the guys the same thing, i don't know if it will be 100% the 20th but it is good to see what happens

On 5/13/2018 at 1:10 AM, zapptheman said:

I have faith in him, but we will see, he doesn't owe us anything so time will tell. I think he might wait a bit and release it after further PS4 updates

No, he doesn't, but teasing something like this is also just rude. It's like the boy that cried wolf, the more he teases hacks and never releases them, the more I am inclined to believe that he is lying for attention. I bet I am not alone when it comes to Math. 

I don't have a horse in this race, I do not have a PS4, I am just looking at past experience when it came to the PS3.

8 hours ago, Cheesethief said:

No, he doesn't, but teasing something like this is also just rude. It's like the boy that cried wolf, the more he teases hacks and never releases them, the more I am inclined to believe that he is lying for attention. I bet I am not alone when it comes to Math. 

I don't have a horse in this race, I do not have a PS4, I am just looking at past experience when it came to the PS3.

I don't know man. i'm not taking sides as i am just reporting on what i have seen. You have probably been round a lot longer than me so i do not doubt your judgement. But what i have seen is that he is apparently a part of this open orbis team working on a CFW. not sure what he has done for the team but seems to be in it.

Posted (edited)

What I remember personally of him is he has teased before in the past, and that's all it was, tease. But with that being said, he has also made contributions to the PSP scene and PS3 scene. so it's not like he doesn't ever release anything. but he has teased and not released before. Now I don't condone any type of degradation talk of scene developers. I'm just saying I won't hold my breath for a release. At the end of the day he owes no one nothing. and to be quite honest, this scene is hardly ever thankful towards a developer when releasing his work. It always goes something like this, "I release 4.05 jailbreak/exploit" 1 hour later people are on my twitter asking "when are you going to release 4.55 exploit???" it's really sad that people cant appreciate the work that's put into these kinds of things. But most people cant even begin to imagine the amount of work that goes into it cause they don't code. But that' just the way I see it.

Edited by UrbanAnonymous

14 hours ago, UrbanAnonymous said:

What I remember personally of him is he has teased before in the past, and that's all it was, tease. But with that being said, he has also made contributions to the PSP scene and PS3 scene. so it's not like he doesn't ever release anything. but he has teased and not released before. Now I don't condone any type of degradation talk of scene developers. I'm just saying I won't hold my breath for a release. At the end of the day he owes no one nothing. and to be quite honest, this scene is hardly ever thankful towards a developer when releasing his work. It always goes something like this, "I release 4.05 jailbreak/exploit" 1 hour later people are on my twitter asking "when are you going to release 4.55 exploit???" it's really sad that people cant appreciate the work that's put into these kinds of things. But most people cant even begin to imagine the amount of work that goes into it cause they don't code. But that' just the way I see it.

I agree man! anything is better than nothing and yes, people don't know the amount of time that goes into coding because they have never tried, but when people start to try, they realize how hard it really is, and that's when people will appreciate the work. Regardless of a release, even showing it is possible is still something that's better than nothing, and i'm sure if the right people ask him for assistance, he will be happy to help them. 

But anyways, just thinking out loud.

And i m also holding my breath 😞

Starving for 5.01 kexploit jb each and every second 😞

2 hours ago, Kazmi said:

And i m also holding my breath 😞

Starving for 5.01 kexploit jb each and every second 😞

Haha i feel ya man, just keep holding on! once specter drops the exploit, everything will go crazy

Oh yeahhhhhh 

The day when he will throw 5.01 kexploit  to us 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

I will dance blithesomely😍😍😍

Hello,
I have a ps4 in 5.03 but the update 5.55 has already been downloaded.
At each launch it is proposed to me to update...
When will the hack go out, will there be a solution to this promblem?
Thank you in advance for your answer.
f10

22 minutes ago, f10 said:

Hello,
I have a ps4 in 5.03 but the update 5.55 has already been downloaded.
At each launch it is proposed to me to update...
When will the hack go out, will there be a solution to this promblem?
Thank you in advance for your answer.
f10

just go to your downloads and click the options button and press delete, then disconnect from the internet until the jailbreak comes out :)

Thank you for your answer
Unfortunately it does not work 😧

13 minutes ago, f10 said:

Thank you for your answer
Unfortunately it does not work 😧

It should work, works for myself and everyone else. What does it do for you?

Maybe I'm not going to the right place, can you give me the right path to do that? Thank you

Posted (edited)

Hello I dared to reset, it does not ask me to update anymore...

Edited by f10

21 hours ago, f10 said:

Hello I dared to reset, it does not ask me to update anymore...

That's good man, i don't think you need to go to that length but i am glad you got it sorted :)

Mire cfw out  still need a kexploit 😩

3 hours ago, Kazmi said:

Mire cfw out  still need a kexploit 😩

Yep :( can't cover this until fully released