zecoxao

[Release] LV1 and LV2 IDA databases by picard (4.46 rebug)

Since @3141card has  agreed to let these databases be released to the general public.
Link: https://www.sendspace.com/file/5b9jw4

Contains LV1 and LV2 memory dump databases with several comments, constructors, destructors, documented syscalls, etc.
Extremely useful for emulation research and/or exploit research

Posted (edited)

Maybe @3141card can add here his netemu database? Is shame that other devs can't use his amazing work done on this emulator. :( As far as I know only IDPS was reason to not release it. 

Anyway, thanks for everything you made so far @3141card ! Nice contributions to ps3 scene!

Edited by marvin

@marvin No, the reason was, it was WIP ;). Its easy to remove personal data like IDPS from databases. BTW, the reason for sharing this is, Iam not longer interested in PS3 RE. Yesterday I saw this thread on psxplace:

http://www.psx-place.com/threads/ps3-linux-nvidia-rsx-hw-accelerated-x-working-again.17663/

My old and for me not longer interesting REs are maybe helpfull, save him some RE time for RSX and other stuff.

IDPS is banned years ago, and was never interesting for me, Iam a PC gamer. I own my slim since 2010 and play only 6 weeks. Two weeks Dead Space 3 online regarding a friend wanted play coop, and four weeks Demon Souls, I like Fromsoft games :). More PS3 games I never owned.

Here are the last PS2 REs, not many done in soft and gx emu, I was always focused on the netemu.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/akb8pi

1 hour ago, 3141card said:

BTW, the reason for sharing this is, Iam not longer interested in PS3 RE.

:(

Yesterday I saw this thread on psxplace:

This guy made nice progress, there is a hope for more linux developement from him as he is focused on linux PPC / PPC64. 

Iam a PC gamer.

Gaming on PC? I'm playing only PS2 games on PC, and some ubi games. All other games i'm playing on Ps3/4 :)

Here are the last PS2 REs,

Big thanks for sharing. Your db are always very well commented, what is nice addition for noobs like me. ;)

not many done in soft and gx emu, I was always focused on the netemu.

Actually netemu is most interesting, at least for me.

Thanks again! 

Posted (edited)

I forget the 4.81 netemu RE, here is much more info, especially about the menu framework in many details.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/shnmcp

Haha awesome! I started to porting some info to 4.81 db before i found your last post (trying to force 1080 on upscaler instead of 720p), now i don't need. 

Edit: Woo hoo configs data also there :) 

Edited by marvin

@3141card Do you have elf with sm_get_fan_policy and sm_set_fan_policy mapped to file? I mean working version without need to inject addresses manually. This could be nice addition to already released files. :)

Useless, it was never more than the test for get_fan_policy, after patch sm ability for netemu on 4.81, I show you in the screenshot last year.

Ugly debug stuff, only a test. Many more code is needed to make it usefull, and a lot more for e.g. dynamic custom fan control.

Even if you know what you will display, where on screen, a way to get input data(e.g. file on hdd + big file parser function), blah, blah, blah...

2 hours ago, 3141card said:

Useless, it was never more than the test for get_fan_policy, after patch sm ability for netemu on 4.81, I show you in the screenshot last year.

Ugly debug stuff, only a test. Many more code is needed to make it usefull, and a lot more for e.g. dynamic custom fan control.

Even if you know what you will display, where on screen, a way to get input data(e.g. file on hdd + big file parser function), blah, blah, blah...

Ah ok. sm_get_fan_policy is basically useless until you can set_fan_policy. I wasn't even dreamed about dynamic control. :D

Thanks for explaining btw. Maybe someone will find it useful as is, at least as add-on to draw_temperature payload. 

On 4/28/2018 at 4:15 PM, 3141card said:

I forget the 4.81 netemu RE, here is much more info, especially about the menu framework in many details.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/shnmcp

I don't suppose anyone has a copy of this? The link has died.

Thanks

That's great, thanks again.