zapptheman

[TUTORIAL] HOW TO | Create PS2 PKG Files for PS4 (PS2 Classics)

Posted (edited)

Hi guys.

Here is a new tutorial showing you how to use @TheDarkprogramer's fancy new tool to make your life much easier. 

He has done well with his documentation thus far so i will be quoting some of if below, please feel free to watch my tutorial, alternatively, if you would rather have a written step by step process, please scroll past the video for the written tut!

Video:

Written Tut:

Step 1: Download the latest version of the tool from here.

Step 2: Extract it an click on 'PS4 PS2 Classics GUI'.

Step 3: Once Application is open (you might need to allow it to run if MS smart screen comes up) you should then close it, and open it from your desktop, there should be an icon called 'PS4 PS2 Classics GUI'. It will then prompt you for an update if you are connected to the internet. Allow the update.

Step 4: Obtain an ISO or Rip one from one of your old PS2 games. (You can use Power ISO for this).

Step 5Find some background images for the PS4 homescreen and for the game icon.

Step 6Once updated, the tool will open the PS2 Classic GUI and you can select your ISO file/s by clicking the box with the 'ISO' next to the "PS2 ISO" Textbox. 

Step 7: You can either select just 1 iso, or select multiple (i recommend numbering the iso files before selecting them in the tool if you want to order them!)

Step 8: If you have multiple iso's. you can change your content ID to whatever you want (Must be in format TTTTNNNNN -- T = Text -- N = Number), Otherwise the app will automatically make it the ps2 game ID if you only select 1 game!

Step 9: Make the Title whatever you want 

Step 10: Right click on the game icon section to change the icon and background images.

Step 10b: If you have a custom config file for the game you are packaging up, you can add this by clicking 'File' and then the 'custom config' button. (optional)

Step 11: Click the "Create PS2 Classic" button.

Step 12: Profit? (you will nee to wait a bit because this can take some time if you have a slow computer. It munches CPU power) The app will play a trophy sound when its done and will open the directory where the pkg was saved to!

Step 13: You can now install your PKG file on your PS4 and it should run like a charm, just make sure to check the compatibility list to make sure your game does not have issues. 

Step 14 (if you made a multi ISO pkg): To swap games on the ps4, once the iso is installed, hold home button, and select the 'Disc' option from the menu that pops up, and you can select your disc to play (O = Enter and X = Back)

Got any questions? Drop a comment down below!

NOTE: If you ever need to unpack your PKG file, the password is currently set to: (versions <1.0.0.6)

ng8II8vax3iXZU7sfI3ugo8XlebJ731o

Password for versions >1.0.0.6

Credits to:

@TheDarkprogramer

Flatz

cfwprophet

zecoxao
And everyone else involved in bits of this process along the way! Thank you to everyone out there sharing things for this community and making it what it is.

image:

FcV6uN6.png

Edited by zapptheman
updating tut for newer tool and added featured!

2 hours ago, zapptheman said:

Hi guys.

Here is a new tutorial showing you how to use @TheDarkprogramer's fancy new tool to make your life much easier. 

He has done well with his documentation thus far so i will be quoting some of if below, please feel free to watch my tutorial, alternatively, if you would rather have a written step by step process, please scroll past the video for the written tut!

Video:

Written Tut:

Step 1: Download the latest version of the tool from here.

Step 2: Obtain Photoshopping software (recommended) or use paint if you have the patience.

Step 3: Obtain an ISO or Rip one from one of your old PS2 games. (You can use Power ISO for this).

Step 4: Find some background images for the PS4 homescreen and for the game icon.

Step 5: Resize your Icon to 512 x 512 pixels.

Step 6Resize your background to 1920 x 1080 pixels.

Step 7: Open the PS2 Classic GUI Tool and select your ISO file by clicking the box with the 3 dots next to the "PS2 ISO" Textbox.

Step 8: Change your content ID to whatever you want (Must be in format TTTTNNNNN -- T = Text -- N = Number), would recommend making it the PS2 ID which is displayed above the Content ID Box to the right.

Step 9: Make the Title whatever you want 

Step 10: Right click on the background and icon section to change them.

Step 11: Click the "Create PS2 Classic" button

Step 12: Profit?

Step 13: You can now install your PKG file on your PS4 and it should run like a charm, just make sure to check the compatibility list to make sure your game does not have issues. 

NOTE: If you ever need to unpack your PKG file, the password is currently set to:

ng8II8vax3iXZU7sfI3ugo8XlebJ731o

I will update this if anything changes in future, @TheDarkprogramerwill likely change the passcode to 32 "0's" in the near future so stay tuned!

Credits to:

TheDarkProgramer

Flatz

cfwprophet

zecoxao
And everyone else involved in bits of this process along the way! Thank you to everyone out there sharing things for this community and making it what it is.

image:

KtYf8SR.png

hey bud nice video,

just a few updates .

latest version should be v1.0.0.6 

from this topic

the nice thing about this one is you don't need to resize anything it does it for you :P and it has some other really nice perks such as a boot loader auto replace NP Title with PS2 Title and things like that give it a go if you like i do love the new boot loader . also another thing to note is the password has changed for pkg's to all zeros as well (the old one is used for my homebrew when i ever finish it :P )

and i love your video keep up the content :P

as always keep on rocking :P 

2 hours ago, TheDarkprogramer said:

hey bud nice video,

just a few updates .

latest version should be v1.0.0.6 

from this topic

the nice thing about this one is you don't need to resize anything it does it for you :P and it has some other really nice perks such as a boot loader auto replace NP Title with PS2 Title and things like that give it a go if you like i do love the new boot loader . also another thing to note is the password has changed for pkg's to all zeros as well (the old one is used for my homebrew when i ever finish it :P )

and i love your video keep up the content :P

as always keep on rocking :P 

Hahaha my luck to make a video and already have an update, guess i need to update my video XD. Thanks for the heads up and the feedback!

Keep your eyes out for a new video ;) 

23 minutes ago, zapptheman said:

Hahaha my luck to make a video and already have an update, guess i need to update my video XD. Thanks for the heads up and the feedback!

Keep your eyes out for a new video ;) 

I will definitely 

hi, @zapptheman, just a teensy little concern. 

You haven't updated the first post with @TheDarkprogramer's response.

13 hours ago, Zaiakursed said:

hi, @zapptheman, just a teensy little concern. 

You haven't updated the first post with @TheDarkprogramer's response.

Hey mate. 

This method is slightly outdated. But the tutorial is the same regardless. @TheDarkprogramer has just released a new update to this tool which can be seen on the front page at the moment. I have not released my new tutorial yet as we are still ironing out some bugs and what not, but when i release my new tut, this thread will become redundant. Please stand by a while longer while the bugs are corrected in 1.0.0.10 :) 

On 5/1/2018 at 1:34 PM, zapptheman said:

Hey mate. 

This method is slightly outdated. But the tutorial is the same regardless. @TheDarkprogramer has just released a new update to this tool which can be seen on the front page at the moment. I have not released my new tutorial yet as we are still ironing out some bugs and what not, but when i release my new tut, this thread will become redundant. Please stand by a while longer while the bugs are corrected in 1.0.0.10 :) 

I see, but It's pretty easy to understand, and thanks for the TUT.

Also I tried it out yesterday, after installing my created PS2 Classics PKG, I got an Error.

The Error Asks me to Update to Firmware 4.50.

I'm on FW 4.05,

2 hours ago, Zaiakursed said:

I see, but It's pretty easy to understand, and thanks for the TUT.

Also I tried it out yesterday, after installing my created PS2 Classics PKG, I got an Error.

The Error Asks me to Update to Firmware 4.50.

I'm on FW 4.05,

@TheDarkprogramer Is he using version 1.0.0.2? i'm sure you patched this in a later version. 

@Zaiakursed Can you please wait until tomorrow night, i will be posting a new tutorial tomorrow showing how to use the new tool version 1.0.0.10, if you could test with that one, would like to know how you go. If after testing this still does not work, we can confirm it is ok to update to 4.55. both firmwares are good its just more homebrew will and is being released towards 4.55 now as 4.05 fades away

55 minutes ago, zapptheman said:

@TheDarkprogramer Is he using version 1.0.0.2? i'm sure you patched this in a later version. 

@Zaiakursed Can you please wait until tomorrow night, i will be posting a new tutorial tomorrow showing how to use the new tool version 1.0.0.10, if you could test with that one, would like to know how you go. If after testing this still does not work, we can confirm it is ok to update to 4.55. both firmwares are good its just more homebrew will and is being released towards 4.55 now as 4.05 fades away

I downloaded version 1.0.0.3 from the link given by @TheDarkprogramer, which is supposed to be 1.0.0.6.

Sure I'll wait, I'll also test it out once I got a hold of your next TUT..

30 minutes ago, Zaiakursed said:

I downloaded version 1.0.0.3 from the link given by @TheDarkprogramer, which is supposed to be 1.0.0.6.

When you used 1.0.0.3 close it go to desktop open it from there latest version is 1.0.0.10

On 5/4/2018 at 1:43 AM, Zaiakursed said:

updated the tutorial guys! go nuts

first time i did it is used the version 1.0.0.3 which is a mistake, but I remember installing the setup that required Internet connection.

I now have 1.0.0.10 and created a PKG out of it.

I still got the same result.

Error CE-34627-2

KlA808.jpgwiD3TW.jpg

2 hours ago, Zaiakursed said:

first time i did it is used the version 1.0.0.3 which is a mistake, but I remember installing the setup that required Internet connection.

I now have 1.0.0.10 and created a PKG out of it.

I still got the same result.

Error CE-34627-2

KlA808.jpgwiD3TW.jpg

@TheDarkprogramer He might need to patch his SDK? @Zaiakursed dude is there any reason u want to stay on 4.05? if you update to 4.55 it will save you a lot of trouble haha. 

Also i would recommend not using an special characters in the name or ID, just cause the compiler and ps4 are very picky!

4 hours ago, zapptheman said:

@TheDarkprogramer He might need to patch his SDK? @Zaiakursed dude is there any reason u want to stay on 4.05? if you update to 4.55 it will save you a lot of trouble haha. 

Also i would recommend not using an special characters in the name or ID, just cause the compiler and ps4 are very picky!

I agree that I should Update to 4.55, i'm just waiting for a Go from Wololo, They're saying that The Current Golden Firmware is 4.05..

But is it ok now to update to 4.55?

I also notice that most releases are for 4.55..

20 minutes ago, Zaiakursed said:

I agree that I should Update to 4.55, i'm just waiting for a Go from Wololo, They're saying that The Current Golden Firmware is 4.05..

lol you don't need to wait for a Go from @wololo, several people will suggest that you update to 4.55, because that is where most people are working at.

14 hours ago, Zaiakursed said:

Agreed with Greg. 

I would recommend moving to 4.55 because the leaked SDK is for 4.50 and 4.55 is compatible with this SDK, so homebrew and what not will be released for 4.55 and not 4.05, its why you only see scripts for 4.05, but actual homebrew on 4.55. Plus from what i see, there will be a lot of releases coming for 4.55 in the future, and best of all, you can play games designed for higher firmware on 4.55. 

But in the end, it is your decision. i would recommend it but i am not responsible for anything you do. i waited a while before updating to 4.55 too, but i still have a working ps4 with release date firmware. so idc what i do with my broken test ps4.

On 5/6/2018 at 12:17 AM, GregoryRasputin said:

lol you don't need to wait for a Go from @wololo, several people will suggest that you update to 4.55, because that is where most people are working at.

On 5/6/2018 at 2:10 PM, zapptheman said:

Agreed with Greg. 

I would recommend moving to 4.55 because the leaked SDK is for 4.50 and 4.55 is compatible with this SDK, so homebrew and what not will be released for 4.55 and not 4.05, its why you only see scripts for 4.05, but actual homebrew on 4.55. Plus from what i see, there will be a lot of releases coming for 4.55 in the future, and best of all, you can play games designed for higher firmware on 4.55. 

But in the end, it is your decision. i would recommend it but i am not responsible for anything you do. i waited a while before updating to 4.55 too, but i still have a working ps4 with release date firmware. so idc what i do with my broken test ps4.

I see your point.

In my case I only have 1 PS4, so I guess I'll stay put with 4.05, waiting for a stable release and hoping a CFW soon.

I was just testing anyway those releases that you guys release. And thanks for that guys. 😃

1 hour ago, Zaiakursed said:

I see your point.

In my case I only have 1 PS4, so I guess I'll stay put with 4.05, waiting for a stable release and hoping a CFW soon.

I was just testing anyway those releases that you guys release. And thanks for that guys. 😃

Check your PM