Sign in to follow this  
TheZander

hactool by SciresM

ScireSm of the Nintendo Switch hacking group ReSwitch released a tool that allows the user to decrypt files dumped from a Nintendo Switch console. 

a blurb from the github: 

hactool is a tool to view information about, decrypt, and extract common file formats for the Nintendo Switch, especially Nintendo Content Archives.

It is heavily inspired by ctrtool.

You'll need those all important console keys, which I don't know if there is a convenient public way of dumping them yourself from your own Switch. 

Source: https://github.com/SciresM/hactool 

Also sidenote a GBATempt member SimonMKWii created a simple GUI for the program found here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-hactoolgui-a-very-simple-gui-for-hactool.499526/

however the original creators comments on GUI are such: 

I think this GUI's existence is highly unfortunate.

No, I don't care about that shit.

GUIs are highly accessible to tech illiterate people -- inevitably when I update hactool with new stuff or if I ever break compatibility with argument names (as I've done a few times) this GUI will cause tech illiterate people to bug me for help.

Hence why this GUI's existence is unfortunate.

(It's my opinion, frankly, that if you're technically literate enough to muck around with game's internals, you should be technically literate enough to use a command line.)

But ultimately isn't trying to stop the guy from maintaining it by giving this leeway: 

Oh, ugh, @SimonMKWii if this absolutely must exist remove the ".istorage" crap -- that extension was a mistake due to lack of documentation at the time and has since been fixed in Yuzu/other relevant places to properly be .romfs.

Perpetuating the "istorage" mistake is awful.

Thus helping him make it better, so I think it's fine software to use if you are into it. Also when you open it up it says whether it's up to date or not which is a neat feature.