pink1

PSNStuff BDU

I've been wanting to try making a PS3 app for a long time & finally I made up my mind a few wees ago I was going to start trying to learn.

I had been doing some research on pdb files for background downloads when found gamePKG by @CaptainCPS-X & decide to try making a PSNStuff app.(A lot of the work was already done)

Background_Download_Utility_by_PINK1.png

I have a test build ready I'll post if this is something anyone would be interested in.

I still have some work to do adding different content types & writing raps to a usb, a lot of other thing I'd like to do too. 

As of now you can set a C00 demo for background download & once the system is restarted it will be under Download Management ready to start (when I make it auto reboot the files get deleted?).

sounds interesting man. 

I think you should go ahead with the project. It will be a good challenge! 

Thank you.

It's been a lot of fun so I'm sure it'll be something I keep playing with.

I hope to have a full build with almost all of the content from the psndl database working ready in the next few days.

Posted the link on the PlayStation Hombrew Discord server, here is one comment:

nF0FApA.png

I think it's great, looking forward to the finished app :) 

I love the idea of of having the database update it's self.

I had to add the size to each link in the database so I'll have to test to see how long it would take to have the ps3 request the size for each link then add it to the database. I could make it just check the size when you select something to download. I don't like that idea at all tho. 

It's will be cool app.

I can help with visual part for the app))

That would be great! I've had a hard time finding much information on making a gui.

You guys are just what I needed to get me motivated to get this ready. I think it's ready but other than a few small pkgs I've not had much time for testing.

I'll be surprised if you don't find a few bugs but if anyone would like to test it. http://www.mediafire.com/file/59j1lm5v1dic2iy/PSNStuff_BDU_1.00_[20180224].pkg

One question does, anyone have any idea why when I use a reboot command it deletes the files? I'd like to remove the need to manually reboot the system to get the downloads to show. 

Edited by pink1
New link

PSNStuff BDU By pink1

View File

@pink1 has released a beta version of his PSNStuff BDU application for all of you to try:

kcvS0zR.png

You can see his progress and give him support here:
https://playstationhax.xyz/forums/topic/4319-psnstuff-bdu

8 hours ago, pink1 said:

You guys are just what I needed to get me motivated to get this ready. I think it's ready but other than a few small pkgs I've not had much time for testing.

I'll be surprised if you don't find a few bugs but if anyone would like to test it. http://www.mediafire.com/file/59j1lm5v1dic2iy/PSNStuff_BDU_1.00_[20180224].pkg

One question does, anyone have any idea why when I use a reboot command it deletes the files? I'd like to remove the need to manually reboot the system to get the downloads to show. 

I have not tried it yet, need to wait until i get a Thumb Drive, i have posted a link to this thread on Twitter to see if i can get you more opinions :)

I tried it - cool software for PS3. But need to add search & some GUI. And not all games working. Maybe need some to do for run?

d245d69775e4.jpg

aa1069c69d36.jpg

4a0092378c0c.jpg

I have an issue. When i wanna download a game, an error say "Could not creat dev_usb00/exdata/". How can i fix this?

21 minutes ago, MarvinGdt said:

I have an issue. When i wanna download a game, an error say "Could not creat dev_usb00/exdata/". How can i fix this?

You need a usb in the first slot for saving raps to the game should still download tho.

@Lightra1n Thanks for the feedback. This won't activate the games you'll still need reactpsn for that. I'm going to post this to my github so hopefully I can get some help making it look & run better.

@GregoryRasputin Thanks for taking an interest in this & getting the word out. 

I'm still leaning so thanks to everyone for being patient with me :)

This looks like a great app!

I havent had the chance to have a play around with this so apologies if its a silly question but can we(end-users) modify the list/links so we can download homebrew packages from private/public servers?

Edited by Rautz

It's not as easy as I'd like to get it but it is doable by editing the db file in the game directory. The format is the same as the db from psndl with the cid & size added to the end.

I'd like to add loading the db from usb & the ability to switch from more than 1 database.

PS. If your link has a % or a \ you need to double it.

Edited by pink1
PS

22 hours ago, pink1 said:

You need a usb in the first slot for saving raps to the game should still download tho.

@Lightra1n Thanks for the feedback. This won't activate the games you'll still need reactpsn for that. I'm going to post this to my github so hopefully I can get some help making it look & run better.

@GregoryRasputin Thanks for taking an interest in this & getting the word out. 

I'm still leaning so thanks to everyone for being patient with me :)

Oh nice! Thanks guy! Really cool app! =D

Meant to post this a while ago:

4m3glQf.png

Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad to see for the first test everything seems to be working & now we need to start working on making it nicer to use.

I got lazy with the icon and just downloaded something. I'll mess around & see what I can come up with unless someone gets one first.

I agree with all of the suggestions & will try to get those added.

If anyone is interested the source is on my github it's a mess but I'm working on cleaning it up now.

https://github.com/pink1stools/PSNStuff-BDU