Thibobo

How to build your own PS2Classic PKG's for PS4!

Tutorial: How to build your own PS2Classic PKG for PS4!

lFXKYN0.png

Step 1

-Get your hands on a PS2 game iso.

-Get your hands on the "Fake_PKG_Generator tool" .

-Download this modified .dll for rebuilding ps2 classics of the "Fake_PKG_Generator tool" ! (thnx to @DarkElementPL for providing!)

-Download this PS2 Classic template! (thnx to @wildcard for sharing!) 

Step 2

-Replace the original .dll by this modified one! 

wFfjJJT.png

Step 3

-Now get into the PS2 Classic template!

6vQdmDM.png

-Go to image & replace the dummy "disc01.iso" by your ps2 game iso & rename it back to disc01.iso!

Z7Y0QqW.png

Step 4

-Now go to the folder PS2 Classic Template -> sce_sys 

rLLSyOU.png

-Replace icon0.png & pic1.png by your own pictures. Sizo of icon0.png is 1920x1080 & pic1.png is 512x512

(icon0.png will be image you'll see when you boot your game & pic1.png will be the image displayed on the PS4 UI.) 

-Edit param.sfo with a hex editor. 

-go to line 0x30 & edit the title ID CUSA21XX to a random number (example: CUSA2199)

OetEOqM.png

-go to line 0x65 & make that the content ID matches with line 0x30! 

BsMiRB3.png

-Now edit line 0x5D to the name of your ps2 game.

m4Ej4fV.png

Step 5

-Now build a PKG of it the same way we did in This tutorial.

The content ID you'll find here! (not in the "orbis-pub-sfo.exe")!!

NEXxUWn.png

(Note: build with the same tools but with the modified DLL!!!)

Warning!: When building multiple PS2 Classic PKG's make sure the Title ID's (CUSA021XX) are different each time! Otherwise the PS4 will think you have the same game and will install it over the other game!

Step 6

-When built install the same way we did in this tutorial!

Additional info!

Not all games will work, you can add the games you try to the wiki and tell if they work or not. 

http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps4/PS2_Classics_Emulator_Compatibility_List

Brilliant!

Thanks but someone know how to change the config because "START" is a "TOUCHPAD" and it's not very good :(

Hi is it possible to change the default Language of an Iso? In  PCSX2 the same Iso is playable in German Language ( Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King) Any help? THX!

Great tutorial @Thibobo!

I noticed a typo(disc0.1.iso) on the renaming of the iso to  disc01.iso but you have the image in there so shouldnt be an issue if people also use the visual reference you supplied.

Only thing you may want to edit will be the naming convention as icon0.png should be 512x512 and is the image you see on PS4UI with the 1920x1080 pic1.png file being the image you see at the game start up. :)

11 hours ago, Thibobo said:

-Replace icon0.png & pic1.png by your own pictures. Sizo of icon0.png is 1920x1080 & pic1.png is 512x512

(icon0.png will be image you'll see when you boot your game & pic1.png will be the image displayed on the PS4 UI.) 

Anyone that wants to use their own png files should note that they need to use 24 bit color depth(RGB) as you'll error out during the build process with a 32 bit depth(RGBA) color scheme. - I use something like pixelformer to do my image conversions. import /drag a jpeg off the net, convert to desired pixel count and click color depth then export to my ps2 folder. as a png file. - 10 second task, if that! 

Edited by Rautz

11 hours ago, chronoss said:

Thanks but someone know how to change the config because "START" is a "TOUCHPAD" and it's not very good :(

100%Agree with you there.

9 hours ago, Rautz said:

Great tutorial @Thibobo!

I noticed a typo(disc0.1.iso) on the renaming of the iso to  disc01.iso but you have the image in there so shouldnt be an issue if people also use the visual reference you supplied.

Only thing you may want to edit will be the naming convention as icon0.png should be 512x512 and is the image you see on PS4UI with the 1920x1080 pic1.png file being the image you see at the game start up. :)

Anyone that wants to use their own png files should note that they need to use 24 bit color depth(RGB) as you'll error out during the build process with a 32 bit depth(RGBA) color scheme. - I use something like pixelformer to do my image conversions. import /drag a jpeg off the net, convert to desired pixel count and click color depth then export to my ps2 folder. as a png file. - 10 second task, if that! 

thanks for reporting! :) 

i use paint.net for all my conversions to png and also to change the sizes!

14 hours ago, tangotnt said:

100%Agree with you there.

it's like that for original ps2 classics on ps4, doesn't bother me too much START is right side & SELECT is left side works pretty well for me! :) 

List of  NTSC games, if there is no comment after game then consider it working fine:

Spoiler

007 - Quantum of Solace  
Adventures of Darwin
 Army Men - Soldiers of Misfortune   
Blowout  
Bode Miller Alpine Skiing  
Crazy Taxi  
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2  
Drive to Survive  
Fire Pro Wrestling Returns  
Fisherman's Bass Club  
Frequency  
G1 Jockey 3  
Garfield - Lasagna World Tour  
Hard Hitter Tennis  
Harvest Moon - Save the Homeland  
High Heat Major League Baseball 2002  
IHRA Drag Racing - Sportsman Edition  
IHRA Drag Racing 2  
Looney Tunes - Space Race  
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 - New Age of Heroes  
Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX 2  
MDK2 - Armageddon  
Metropolismania 2  
Mojo!  
Namco Museum  
Ninja Assault  
PDC World Championship Darts  
Pipe Mania  
Q-Ball - Billiards Master  
Raiden III  
Rebel Raiders - Operation Nighthawk  Rez   
Road Trip  
Star Wars - Super Bombad Racing   
Street Fighter EX3  
Stretch Panic  
Strike Force Bowling  
Super Bust-A-Move  
Tekken Tag Tournament - Framerate issues
Tom and Jerry in War of the Whiskers
Tribes - Aerial Assault  
Trigger Man  
Woody Woodpecker  
World Championship Poker  
007 - Everything or Nothing  #frame rate issues, needs fixing
007 - From Russia with Love  #frame rate issues, needfs fixing
007 - Nightfire  #(skip intro tutorial to avoid game locking up)
Capcom Classics Collection Vol. 1  #Weird artefacts on street fighter game healthbars, still very much playable
Ford Street Racing  #Framerate issues, not fun for racing game, needs fixing
Looney Tunes - Acme Arsenal, #game has respawn issue, game needs fixing
RPG Maker II  #has graphical issues, still playable?
Rugby 06  #frame and ausio stutter during set piece moments eg scrums, lineouts, injury. Still playable 
Rugby 08  #frame and ausio stutter during set piece moments eg scrums, lineouts, injury. Still playable
Rugby 2004 # frame and ausio stutter during set piece moments eg scrums, lineouts, injury. Still playable
Rugby 2005  #frame and ausio stutter during set piece moments eg scrums, lineouts, injury. Still playable
Silent Scope  #some graphics issues on the crosshair makes game annoying to play
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection  
Stunt GP  #Has diagonal lines similar to the THPS3 problem, just not as bad. This is still pretty playable
TimeSplitters # Future Perfect  low framerate, unplayable
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3  #Has diagonal lines taking up most of the maps(almost like sunrays in black) unlike Stunt GP this makes game..... :( unplayable. Hope we can fix this one.
007 - Agent Under Fire - #Not working, no graphics just some audio after intro video  
Agassi Tennis Generation # Not working Game locks up oduring players first serve
Fisherman's Challenge  #Not working Graphics are jumbled mess
Kao the Kangaroo - Round 2  #Not working Graphics are a mess 
Micro Machines V4  #Not working Game locks up before heading into match
Pool Paradise  #Not working Graphics are a mess on this
Rugby  #Not working game locks up during loading
Sega Sports Tennis  #Not working game locks up during loading
Shox  #Not working, black screen game
Silent Scope 2 #Dark Silhouette  Not working, game blackscreened during boot up
Street Fighter Alpha Anthology  #Unplayable, game has very low framerate
WinBack - Covert Operations #Alot of graphics assets missing making game unplayable  
Women's Volleyball Championship  #Game is missing the volleyball court and surrounding "world". The net, ball and players are all there though lol
Yanya Caballista - City Skater  #Alot of graphics assets missing making game unplayable