GregoryRasputin

Patched libaudio.sprx Lets You Use PS4 Controller As Audio Device On PS3

@Zer0xFF has released a patched libaudio.sprx that will let you use your PS4's control pad as a Audio device, just plug in your headphones and enjoy your gaming without any interruptions or annoying anyone around you:

You can download the patched libaudio.sprx and read how the developer did this by visiting the link below:

PS3 BT/USB Audio Passthrough

Very nice indeed, I remember suggesting something like this in a massive topic back on Ps3Hax, I actually did some research about patching libaudio.sprx myself but the ASM stuff unfortunately is beyond me.

I just tested the patched libaudio Zer0XFF posted in the write-up on my heavily customized Habib 4.81 v2 and it worked fine, I got game audio through my S11-HD without any need of BT dongles. Of course the audio quality is pretty much the same as the audio chat but nonetheless quite useful. Thanks for the dedicated hours involved and the clean write-up, always nice to see someone tackling a pathetic limitation from Phony and be successful at working around it.

This deserved more repercussion, it's not only useful for the DS4 as suggested, since my old Bluetooth headphone worked then most likely many others will too. Cheers.

11 minutes ago, Bereuza said:

Very nice indeed, I remember suggesting something like this in a massive topic back on Ps3Hax, I actually did some research about patching libaudio.sprx myself but the ASM stuff unfortunately is beyond me.

I just tested the patched libaudio Zer0XFF posted in the write-up on my heavily customized Habib 4.81 v2 and it worked fine, I got game audio through my S11-HD without any need of BT dongles. Of course the audio quality is pretty much the same as the audio chat but nonetheless quite useful. Thanks for the dedicated hours involved and the clean write-up, always nice to see someone tackling a pathetic limitation from Phony and be successful at working around it.

This deserved more repercussion, it's not only useful for the DS4 as suggested, since my old Bluetooth headphone worked then most likely many others will too. Cheers.

ooo thanks, I've been waiting for someone to confirm that BT audio works, as I don't have a BT headset myself,

it's a shame that there is a lose of quality as using USB headset and DS4 seems to be fine, but I suppose that was expected due to the difference in bandwidth BT and USB can handle.

19 minutes ago, Zer0xFF said:

ooo thanks, I've been waiting for someone to confirm that BT audio works, as I don't have a BT headset myself,

it's a shame that there is a lose of quality as using USB headset and DS4 seems to be fine, but I suppose that was expected due to the difference in bandwidth BT and USB can handle.

Yeah, the quality decrease is unfortunate but expected. Better, more expensive headsets may outperform my S11-HD. Hopefully you'll get more input about this, it's been only a week so is a fresh and technical release, some folks are quite lazy with their reading I'm afraid. I for one had bookmarked the post a couple of days ago and only got around to fully appreciate it today haha

Do you think there's room for improvement on the patch? Maybe force a certain audio profile for better audio? Anyway, thanks again for this.

2 hours ago, Bereuza said:

Do you think there's room for improvement on the patch? Maybe force a certain audio profile for better audio? Anyway, thanks again for this.

potentially with a capital MAYBE (setting less channels might help), and I was told Sony official headset worked with PS3 without any mods and so I assume it works perfectly since it costs an arm and a leg.

but since I don't have a BT audio device and it was a pain working at ASM level I don't see myself realistically attempting that really.

I quickly googled that headset, it seems to be using BT 3.0, so I would assume it's being downgraded at the Playstation level, since BT 3.0 should be decent enough for music playback, thus this. (ummm... ill see if I feel like it, I might look into lowering the channels)