GregoryRasputin

The Excellent #SD2Vita Adaptors From That Person - #HENkaku #Enso

I am sure you have read this thread in which i was describing the scaremongering @Hackinformer was doing in regards to SD2Vita adaptors.

F8sBNzp.png

But perhaps i was wrong, perhaps he was right to scaremonger adaptors, i mean just look at the state of this adaptor that a PS Vita owner received, look t the damage on that board that was no doubt done before being packaged and the seller:

IN70zeY.jpg

That adaptor is completely unusable, so perhaps i was wrong and indeed scaremongering was needed?

Lets look at the bigger picture

E0pBXBk.jpg

e3sFEPt.jpg

e8QZey3.jpg

Oh shit look at that, it is one of Hackinformers original SD2Vita adaptors, here is what the buyer posted on Reddit:

sIdS1KG.png

And here is the lame excuse of a reply, they typical Hackinformer taking no responsibility for his inferior adaptors:

tGqCEDD.png

Not taking responsibility for not cleaning the board of the filler rings, those little things could have fell off inside the Vita and cause damage.

IhXtBDB.png

Disclosure:

I DO NOT know Shinji257, i had never spoken to him before and have not been a server he was in before today, today is the first time i met him, or rather seen him speak on a server where i got this information.

hmm.... Overall it looks like a really crapily made board. I would take one of those dirt-cheap ebay adapters over that abomination any day.

Those things on the edges are no doubt breaking points but, generally you dont tin those, or even use metal at them. Generally its just drilled holes. So my next guess is that they doubled as testpoint, which would explain WHY THE FUCK the traces are crossing over them. 

You should always leave a good 2-3mm empty space from the edge of the board to the closest component/trace/whatever. That has clearly not been done here.

Its also clear that the SD-socket has been handsoldered, probably by a demented monkey by the looks of it(same monkey that snapped the edged). Just look at all those pores on the joints on the sides. You could fit half a van in those holes! Sure, you could argue that they serve no purpose other than anchors, but still... If you cant even get those right, god knows how the actual pin-points looks like.
Its a bit hard to see on the images due to their small size but, I think I can see hints of melted plastic as well, especially on pin 8...

And then theres the entire look of the thing.... That thing is barely passable as a prototype, and definitely not something that should be sold to consumers. I dont know how much those specific boards were sold for, but anything above shipping cost is too much(pro-tip: most of those "chinese dangerous sub-$3 adapters" have free shipping).

Im fairly sure I could pull off a better looking board, or at least equally shit, using just a double-sided breadboard, as in, not a custom board with all traces pre-made etc. Hm, I might actually even try it if I get bored enough :P Hardest part will be getting it thin enough to fit. Well if I do I'll make sure to document it :P 

If that is the 'quality' of "old gen" adapters they are selling and shipping, I am really afraid what quality will the sd2vita plus be. 

I really do hope no poor soul will order adapters from scaminformer ever again.