GregoryRasputin

The Lame #SD2Vita Scaremongering By Hackinformer - #HENkaku #Enso

Seriously this bullshit has gone on long enough and enough is enough, i am at a point where i can no longer keep this confined to the PlayStationHaX Twitter account.

You all know i have a problem with @Hackinformer, i think he is a dishonest sleazy piece of shit, who is ONLY in the PS Vita scene to make as much money as he can, he is in it for no other reason than that and he has proven this time and time again, from the rubbish Bubbles Scam, to forcing members to disable their AdBlock in order to view the forum, the only type of people who do shit like that are money greedy scum.

pV1PgM6.png

Now don't get me wrong, people need money in order to run a forum which is why i have ad's here and on the front page, but if you want to use AdBlock i am cool with that, i even occasionally do Amazon and Play-Asia affilaite links, i am a small website with a small amount of visitors, i do not get a huge lot from Ad's and i get basically nothing from affiliates, i also get some donations, but the levels that Hackinformer goes to to earn money is the type of thing a shady business gets up to, the fact is Hackinformer does not need much money to run his website, he pays TurkReno for quite a shit server and pays for a domain, that is it, nothing else, the front page software is free, the forum software is free, so all the money he gets from ad's, affiliation and scamming scene members goes on him buying himself loads of toys and other things to make himself feel good, that is all cool, but you guys shouldn't have to pay for him to live a life of luxury, when he does absolutely nothing in order to earn that money.

Now back to the main story, the drama over SD2Vita adaptors and Hackinformers SD2Vita Plus adaptors, i was aware that they were doing something like this, but i had been busy and didn't bother saying anything until i seen Hackinformer post this tweet, using the HENkaku and Enso:

r6p6goZ.png

So of course i had to make my own tweet:

a9ZmcrI.png

The link in the image goes to this listing, which is a link a random adaptor from a random person i grabbed to make a point, i got on with my night and went to bed, when i woke in the morning and seen this tweet:

CmxPUH9.png

So i replied with this:

86eRIWZ.png

This is crap that was posted by Hackinformer on his website:

Spoiler

aNUkT2G.png

WFeUc3e.png

The rest of the article is a form to fill out and buy their adaptor, now lets critique the article:

When we do something at HackInformer, we want to make sure you’re getting the best that we can afford.

That’s why we’ve created the SD2VITA PLUS cartridge adapter. We also want to do what’s best for your PlayStation Vita.

1.) They claim that they want to give you the best they can afford, if that is the case, why did they then sell the older adaptors which they claim are dangerous for your PS Vita?

2.) When they created the adaptor, they did it so that their pockets were lined, they don't care for your Vita, they care about the $$$.

We’ve been reading quite a few tweets regarding other SD2Vita v1, v2, or v3 adapters that are on the market.

These adapters simply ARE NOT as good as the SD2VITA PLUS Adapter that we’re releasing later this year. Orders for the SD2VITA PLUS adapter are now available.

1.) If these adaptors are not up to it, then why were they selling them?

2.) Bit in red = Sales pitch, the type of shit a business does.

There are more adapters that have since launched that appear to be similar to what we’re launching.

However, if you look VERY carefully, you’ll see that these are not fully plastic adapters.

These adapters simply have a semi-plastic sticker with sometimes a smiley face on them or just appear as a blank backing.

It’s not a fully plastic case like the SD2VITA PLUS.

Here goes the sales pitch, "the competition isn't as good as ours" the type of shit a business does.

And did you notice? ALL of these knock-off adapters are sitting on top of a Nintendo Switch.

Better buy an SD2VITA PLUS.

1.) Seriously this has to be the dumbest part of the lame argument that i read, they are placed beside a Nintendo Switch, so what, why should that matter, you place small things beside other well known things to show size reference, it is to shop people what size the adaptor is.

3.) The adaptor from the competition is sitting beside a Nintendo Switch so you must buy a SD2Vita Plus because of this, how the fuck does that even compute in his tiny fucking mind.

These will fail as quickly, if not quicker, than the original Gadorach design because they’re cheaply manufactured.

And once the sticker falls off, the oil from your fingers will corrode the board making it only a matter of time.

Where is the proof of these claims?

Where is the proof that your fingers will corrode the board?

These are the same type of bogus , scaremongering claims a shady business will do in order for you  to buy their product and not the competitions, even though there is no proof that there is anything wrong with the competitions adaptors, its all assumption and Xenophobia due to them being Chinese devices

Let’s start with the most common SD2VITA adapters that are on the market. These are not inside any protection at all. These particular adapters are created in bulk in China really cheap.

You will notice a running theme with Hackinformer and his crew, where all you will see is "It's Chinese so it's bad".

The problem with these adapters is simple — they use cheap materials to make up the board or the board itself has a flaw. Specifically, a majority of these boards use a tin immersion plating process that in a best-case scenario will last you maybe 100-200 injects/ejects to your PSVITA.

We didn’t make the HackInformer boards using cheap materials so the HackInformer boards will stand up to many, many more injects and ejects. No worries there.

1.) Again where is the proof that these adaptors will only last 100-200 injects/ejects?, where have the Hackinformer people done the tests on these adaptors?

If you look at the link, you will see the article on reddit was created not long before the one on Hackinformer, coincidence?

You’ve seen them all across the internet being sold for less than $3 a piece and up to $15 a piece. We had even created and sold adapters that were using Gadorach’s design and HASL plating. Those are better than what most you would have bought, but the board is still exposed and so is the SD Card slot connections. 

But Hackinformers design had exposed boards and SD card slot connections, but they are still better than the competition ? 

Why did they sell them knowing that they were dangerous?

The answer they couldn't make enough profit from their first adaptors so had to make a new adaptor and then create articles scaremongering in order to get uneducated people to buy them, they abused their place in the scene by convincing you guys that only their new adaptor is the best and most safe, this is all bogus of course.

Don't worry guys, i am not yet finished, we will go to a twitter conversation that took place in the past 24 hours:

rjfZPJO.png

Silly Hackinformer replied with something like "But it's got zero sale", well that's is because it is a preorder dumb dumb, perhaps your stupidity is why you deleted your tweet, then we had this:

MI4nhBW.png

Of course the con artist TurkReno had to pipe in:

FrLDhUQ.png

7jEoT74.png

lXSrAdo.png

fzppyyo.png

xJEMkb6.png

Now you will see from those tweets that TurkReno is changing the 100 -200 inject/ejects to 10-20 inject/ejects, so basically he is making all these devices to be worse than they originally claimed.

Also you will notice the back pedalling, first they said that all the OG ones were bad, even their own, now they are saying 'only some', this article should be all you need to know about the scam train that is Hackinformer and his cronies.

My advice is to get a refund from them, wait until a cheaper and better clone comes out, one that will be the same as Hackinformers SD2Vita Plus, but cheaper.

TL;DR

Hackinformer and his gang are dishonest scam artists, lying to you and trying to convince you to buy something you DON'T need.

Oh and here is a little video thanks to @centrino

Ok, Im going to be constructive here.. Or at least try to...

There are more adapters that have since launched that appear to be similar to what we’re launching.
However, if you look VERY carefully, you’ll see that these are not fully plastic adapters.
These adapters simply have a semi-plastic sticker with sometimes a smiley face on them or just appear as a blank backing.
It’s not a fully plastic case like the SD2VITA PLUS.

As far as Ive seen, none of those have even claimed to be in a plastic case at all? I might've missed some odd one though.

Its true though that having a plastic case is generally better when dealing with PCB's youre going to fiddle with, because it does offer some protection from outside moisture and the like.

4 hours ago, GregoryRasputin said:

And did you notice? ALL of these knock-off adapters are sitting on top of a Nintendo Switch.

Better buy an SD2VITA PLUS.

I dont think I need to comment on this... But I'll do anyway - ITS A FKING ADAPTER! It can sit on top of the Eiffel tower and it still wouldnt change a thing.

(A)These will fail as quickly, if not quicker, than the original Gadorach design because they’re cheaply manufactured.

(B)And once the sticker falls off, the oil from your fingers will corrode the board making it only a matter of time.

Ok this one had me laughing out loud....

A) I highly doubt that, however I have no way of counter-proving this claim but... Doubt it....

B.) Wait what? Lets read that again.... "the oil from your fingers will corrode the board".... "the oil".... "oil".... *ahem*.... No, thats not going to happen. First of all, oil does not corrode metals - if anything it protects it from corrosion. However, MOISTURE causes corrosion, and yes - our bodies, including our fingers, carries a fair bit of moisture with them. But, and this is important, its NOWHERE NEAR enough to cause metal to corrode, not even the cheapest conductive metal in the world. The only scenario I can see "fingers" causing corrosion to "cheap" metals would be if you squeezed it in your hand very hard for a fairly long time with a lot of handsweat involved. But why the fk would you do that?

I'll come back to this topic at the end.

Let’s start with the most common SD2VITA adapters that are on the market. These are not inside any protection at all. These particular adapters are created in bulk in China really cheap.

No shit? You dont say? Yeah cause thats totally not the entire point of them or anything....
Also, everything is created in bulk except for very early prototypes(or very very specific premium ultra-rare "handmade" things) and then shipped off to the ones ordering the manufacturing for the finishing touches(such as casing, branding etc etc), before being sold off to consumers at a fuckton higher price than it cost to make it(there are exceptions, but generally speaking). What we have here is a product directly from the assembly band without any meddling middle hands.

Also I'd just like to point out again - ITS A FKING ADAPTER! Its not rocket science....

The problem with these adapters is simple — they use cheap materials to make up the board or the board itself has a flaw. Specifically, a majority of these boards use a tin immersion plating process that in a best-case scenario will last you maybe 100-200 injects/ejects to your PSVITA.

We didn’t make the HackInformer boards using cheap materials so the HackInformer boards will stand up to many, many more injects and ejects. No worries there.

This is another claim I find very hard to believe, but again I have no solid way of proving them wrong(or time, for that matter). I have built some very questionable adapters and slot-in cards, they are crude, dirty, and utter crap no matter how much you polish them.... BUT! They work just fine, and while I dont keep count(cause why would I?) I'm pretty sure some of them have seen a lot more "ejecting" than the 100-200 claimed above.

How were these boards made you ask? Solder. Yup, plain old solder aligned, heated and shaped to match the connectors(told you they were crude :P).

Thats right, theyre made out of a material made for "glueing" things to a PCB, which is most likely about 100x weaker than the "tin immersion plating" mentioned above. Are there any scratches on them? There are, on some, because the shape is/wasnt the 100% correct thickness for the socket. But, they work. Would I recommend such a crude method? Definitely not. Would/will I use that method again? Most likely. Am I worried they will break? Nope, not really.

Ok, lets continue with the oily-fingers-bs.

I dont think anyone would disagree that handling bare PCB's with your hands aren't the best thing you can do to the PCB. However, ITS A FKING ADAPTER!(Have I said that enough yet?). In fact - it doesnt even have a single component on it! All it does is reroute the gamecard pins to a SD-standard pinlayout.

Its been known for ages that the gamecards are basically just re-routed SD cards(with some additions such as HW DRM etc etc). The only reason we havent had any adapters before(actually we have but... yeah...) is because theres been no way to enabling the functionality in the firmware/software - until now.

The odds of a PCB breaking - one without ANY components - simply by handling it with your hands, is astronomically small ASSUMING youre not doing it while washing your hands, or showering, or having live current applied to you - a current high enough to burn the traces of the PCB(btw, you'd be long dead before that would happen, dont try it). Now I cant fathom anyone stupid enough to use their vita in the shower, bath or similar. And even if there would be such a person, some corrosion on a <$3 PCB would be the least of their worries.

You have undoubtedly noticed I've kept talking about water and moisture, thats because moisture is the biggest cause of corrosion when dealing with metals.

But, there is one more thing to factor in - contamination. Humans carries a fair bit of this on a daily basis(and, ironically, is usually mixed with the "oil" mentioned), and getting rid of all contamination is almost impossible(theres a reason surgeons use pure alcohol to wash their hands and not touching anything until they got gloves on).

However, contamination - or impurities, distributed from your fingers to a PCB isnt enough to start a reaction just from contact(assuming youre an average clean-hands-person). But what can and do cause a reaction is heat in combination with these impurities. One prime example here is when soldering. Having fat/oil residue on the PCB where youre going to add liquid metal WILL affect the joint in a bad way, and this can indeed lead to corrosion and other unwanted side-effects. But all of that is completely irrelevant in this case, because youre NOT soldering on this board, youre NOT adding liquid metals to this board, and therefore, the odds of damaging the board simply by handling is, again, astronomically small.

If youre still worried though, just clean the board with some alcohol every now and then.

TL;DR: What we have here is some basic, insignificant, facts, taken out of context, stretched to oblivion and beyond and painted out like the devil incarnated to make people think this is a serious issue. 

As a final note I'd just like to point out that ALL commonly used conductive metals can corrode or rust - including this "super" adapter. As a matter of fact, the purer the metal the more sensitive to contamination it is. So in a weird way, a "worse" metal can be more resilient to contamination than "premium" metals such as gold(which, by the way, practically doesnt exist in the world of hobby-electronics.. Theres gold-plattered metals though, which is something completely different).

Final words: ITS A FKING ADAPTER!

Honestly, I got my 1v adapter from ebay for .69€ and I am more than happy with it. Dont need any shells nor casings. I remember yifanlu stating the desing is so bloody cheap to make so people should not overpay. 

But back to the topic, I have been following HI for some time, and when he released "the ad", vitahacks on reddit started going crazy with topic such as "my adapter is not working" "sd2vita broke" etc. If it was just sheer coincidence, I don't know.

59 minutes ago, Tripleme said:

But back to the topic, I have been following HI for some time, and when he released "the ad", vitahacks on reddit started going crazy with topic such as "my adapter is not working" "sd2vita broke" etc. If it was just sheer coincidence, I don't know.

Believe it or not, i once considered myself a friend of @Hackinformer's, but after i disagreed with and spoke out against his Bubble Scam, he blocked me on Twitter and stopped speaking to me, he then set his pet dog @turkreno on me, who after failing to fix my server and giving it back to me worse than it was before, decided to post my private IP address on his Twitter account, then blocked me because he seen that his stupid pathetic excuses for the bubble scam were not working on me.

Regarding TurkReno, i had decided to use his servers after my own server that i had with BlueHost got hacked, i trusted Turk to help fix my server and he took it and placed it on his servers, but he got afraid because his server was now getting hacked because of dangerous files that were in my websites files, he couldn't find the files that the hackers had left, so decided to give me back my server which i placed back on BlueHost, i then proceeded to get rid of all the hacked files and fix the server myself, i do thank Turk for advising me to get a firewall and for teaching me that people like him were shit and to fix stuff myself, the only thing that i worry about is that he kept a backup of the server and used the database to add members to Hackinformers website.

So both cowardly blocked me, because i called them out on using the scene as a business, whilst pretending to be a scene site, recently @Freakler blocked me on Twitter because he accused me of telling lies on his friends, these were the 'lies' i told:

These two made him unfollow me:

Console Scene Sites Who Enforce Disabling Of AdBlock Are Lame

Greedy Scene Site Lets It Flow With Crocodile Tears

This one made him block me:

When People Cry About Others Making Money

Now the ironic thing about Freakler, is that he bitched at me for posting Amazon Links on PlayStationHaX Twitter a couple of years ago during Black Friday, all whilst Hackinformer had his website filled with ad's, he then complains about people making money, whilst that is all his master Hackinformer does and when people point out these truths, Freakler calls them lies.

Hackinformer does have some cool staff, the thing is Hackinformer needs to buy his friends and that is basically what he has done with his staff members, he sends them gifts through money he has scammed out of you guys, through ad's and affiliation links, people like me though earn their friends, i have very little friends, but those i have i know they are my friend because of me and not because i bought them off.

Anyhow i guess ill stop ranting now.

Believe it or not, i once considered myself a friend of @Hackinformer's, but after i disagreed with and spoke out against his Bubble Scam, he blocked me on Twitter @turkreno

Kind of a like how i called out Wololo's various questionable money making tactics as well. He blocked me on twitter also.  They just do not want to see other sites rightfully calling them out. Looks bad for them..   They can't really defend themselves well as they know they are guilty of some wrong doings.

I just see hackinformer / Wololo / psxhax as very similar forums, as they will goto great lengths to make a dime. They all 3 run their sites as profit first and the community is secondary.  its funny to think that these guys who came from the community would have more ethics then the outside companies who bought up scene sites.

Of all the scene sites out there are there 3 other sites that do more questionable things and tactics then these three sites?

6 minutes ago, STLcardsWS said:

Kind of a like how i called out Wololo's various questionable money making tactics as well. He blocked me on twitter also.  They just do not want to see other sites rightfully calling them out. Looks bad for them..   They can't really defend themselves well as they know they are guilty of some wrong doings.

I just see hackinformer / Wololo / psxhax as very similar forums, as they will goto great lengths to make a dime. They all 3 run their sites as profit first and the community is secondary.  its funny to think that these guys who came from the community would have more ethics then the outside companies who bought up scene sites.

Of all the scene sites out there are there 3 other sites that do more questionable things and tactics then these three sites?

Well we have our differing opinions on Wololo, he hasn't quite gone to the sleazy lengths the other two have and unlike the other two he has a huge family to support, so i can give him somewhat of a pass on the things he does, i don't like some of them, but they are not detrimental to the scene, if he pulled any of the BS that Hackinformer has, that would change though, as long as people aren't shitting on the scene they are OK with me.

I also believe in giving people second chances, which is why i gave PSXHaX a chance, even though i knew he was PS3News, that backfired spectacularly, which is why i would never give Hackinformer a second chance, people who treat the scene as a business do not deserve to be in the scene.

Yes i have ad's, they can only be seen on the front page and by new members on the forum, i do not make much from them and i hate using them, but they do help a little bit with server management, however they can never be compared to Hackinformer deceiving the scene, not once but twice. 

Having a reasonable amount of ads and/or aff. links are fine* imo. Running a website isnt free, and requires quite a bit of work and maintenance. The bigger the site, the more maintenance will be needed, e.g. more time lost that couldve been spent elsewhere. For example resting to be fit for fight at ones real work tomorrow to earn a living.

* theres a very fine line between whats reasonable and whats annoying for the users. Having a couple of discreet non-intrusive ads, on a layout designed to accommodate said ads, isnt something many people will bat an eye at. However, plastering ads at every inch of empty space on the site, or having an ad in the middle of a forum thread, is beyond annoying. Affiliation links in product posts or similar is also not something many users complain about, as long as the link is transparent and not obscured, because then the user can chose for himself whether to use that link or not.

However, one cannot deny that plastering ads and aff. links all over a page does give more money than a more user-friendly option... <_<

1 hour ago, GregoryRasputin said:

Well we have our differing opinions on Wololo, he hasn't quite gone to the sleazy lengths the other two have and unlike the other two he has a huge family to support, so i can give him somewhat of a pass on the things he does, i don't like some of them, but they are not detrimental to the scene, if he pulled any of the BS that Hackinformer has, that would change though, as long as people aren't shitting on the scene they are OK with me.

I also believe in giving people second chances, which is why i gave PSXHaX a chance, even though i knew he was PS3News, that backfired spectacularly, which is why i would never give Hackinformer a second chance, people who treat the scene as a business do not deserve to be in the scene.

Yes i have ad's, they can only be seen on the front page and by new members on the forum, i do not make much from them and i hate using them, but they do help a little bit with server management, however they can never be compared to Hackinformer deceiving the scene, not once but twice. 

Wololo does alot of good, but he does have that business mentality and can't exclude MaxConole (garyOPA) in that mix as well, but yes i would agree that Wololo is the best out of the bunch and i do believe he does alot of good, but you can't deny he does some head scratching stuff.  Nothing wrong with making money with your site having ads and even having that business approach. It takes alot of time and effort to run and operate a site as you well know and even those mentioned guys know. The problem is when the subject matter is manipulated for those reasons..  Its how tasteful it is but all that comes down to personal opinion which mine is no stronger then others.

I think all those sites have some positives, and some have negatives and some more then others,

after buying 3.

I had hope for this

let's see how the refund process goes...what happened hackinformer.........

So upon looking at this thread again, i noticed some images have been removed from my IMGur account, well done with the DMCA takedown's @Hackinformer and @turkreno, you think i don't keep backups of the shit i do?