ConsoleHax

Beta HENkaku Enso leaked, DO NOT INSTALL!

henkakuenso.png

As you know Team Molecule is working hard on HENkaku Enso a definitive hack for the PS Vita handheld. A few weeks ago the team asked for peoples help to participate in beta testing. The team warned that if you participated your Vita would 9/10 brick irreparable.

This morning a no life Twitter user leaked a cracked version of the enso VPK with the community. We strongly advice you NOT TO INSTALL / USE this version. Firstly, it's not fair regarding Team Molecule who put hard work in to this and secondly your PS Vita will probably brick. Forewarned is fore armed.

VIA

Edited by ConsoleHax

When leaks happen simply due to devs greed or the classic "bohoo sony/nintendo/ms will patch it!" I dont really care, I think thats a stupid reason to withhold stuff.

But, in this case, where something is in beta and fairly dangerous? Thats a whole different matter... Such a thing has no reason or place to be in the hands of ignorant users, it serves no good purpose(unlike for example the leaked 5.5.x sploit for the WiiU, which is probably one of the best leaks in a very long time).

Its a shitty move and I hope people are smart enough not to use it... And even more so there wont be any... "scene"... sites spewing bullshit and encourages people to use it.

Permanent things is something to always, always, ALWAYS be wary of. Its not like a simple webkit exploit where a simple reboot erases all traces of it and everything is good and dandy again.

WAIT FOR THE OFFICIAL RELEASE. And even then - be extremely careful. Its called "permanent" for a reason.

People were told the brick risk was high.... fuck it let's install it anyway and then cry when we do brick

When it mentions that it's cracked does that mean that there was some kind of protection built into the VPKs so they could only be run on the specific console ID given during the sign up?

1 hour ago, thezander said:

When it mentions that it's cracked does that mean that there was some kind of protection built into the VPKs so they could only be run on the specific console ID given during the sign up?

I believe there was a check against your CID to see if you were an approved tester.

I tried the leak, it installed fine. Everything works as it should (I had to update adrenaline, but I needed to do that anyway) Now just because I said this does not mean I recommend anyone installing it. I had an extra PSTV. I would not have cared if it had bricked, but for me it installed fine.

DO NOT INSTALL THIS. IT IS STILL HIGHLY UNSTABLE. WAIT FOR THE STABLE RELEASE... YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED

Everyone is mad at silica yet he wasn't the original leaker. He leaked the leak. Someone should probably be concerned about who leaked it first

2 hours ago, BobbyBlunt said:

I believe there was a check against your CID to see if you were an approved tester.

I tried the leak, it installed fine. Everything works as it should (I had to update adrenaline, but I needed to do that anyway) Now just because I said this does not mean I recommend anyone installing it. I had an extra PSTV. I would not have cared if it had bricked, but for me it installed fine.

DO NOT INSTALL THIS. IT IS STILL HIGHLY UNSTABLE. WAIT FOR THE STABLE RELEASE... YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED

Everyone is mad at silica yet he wasn't the original leaker. He leaked the leak. Someone should probably be concerned about who leaked it first

did you fill out the survey thing?

1 hour ago, thezander said:

did you fill out the survey thing?

No yifanlu got kind of shitty with me when I asked why it needed a console ID. I understand why it needs one and his reasoning behind it, but a better answer than the one I got would have been nice.

Anyway I did try the leaked build. I had an extra PSTV. It works well enough. I had to update adrenaline but it worked fine after doing so.

10 minutes ago, BobbyBlunt said:

No yifanlu got kind of shitty with me when I asked why it needed a console ID. I understand why it needs one and his reasoning behind it, but a better answer than the one I got would have been nice.

Anyway I did try the leaked build. I had an extra PSTV. It works well enough. I had to update adrenaline but it worked fine after doing so.

Oh, he posted something about if you tested the leak he'll still appreciate filling out the survey and putting onetwothreefour as the ID. Someone posted a screenshot on discord a little while ago.

Edited by thezander

3 minutes ago, thezander said:

Oh, he posted something about if you tested the leak he'll still appreciate filling out the survey and putting onetwothreefour as the ID. Someone posted a screenshot on discord a little while ago.

yup it is in the video. Going to give feedback. It works great here. Only issue I had was with adrenaline but I was running a much older build and after cleaning it up and reinstalling it, it worked fine, even with enso.

Their was a post about the ENso VPK file not having security? The post said that their is a way to bypass does anybody know how? I changed the VPK file to zip and was able to see the contents is their something to delete in the commands?

2 hours ago, alpalus said:

Their was a post about the ENso VPK file not having security? The post said that their is a way to bypass does anybody know how? I changed the VPK file to zip and was able to see the contents is their something to delete in the commands?

I guess you missed the part about high brick chance and about it being considered highly unstable

I am not worried about it being unstable i got plenty of systems lol.

I have just encountered R10 blocking Unsafe Mode on my Enso vita 2000. So Enso works great with R9. R10 moves the Ur0 files which my vita can't access on safe mode =[

1 hour ago, alpalus said:

I am not worried about it being unstable i got plenty of systems lol.

I have just encountered R10 blocking Unsafe Mode on my Enso vita 2000. So Enso works great with R9. R10 moves the Ur0 files which my vita can't access on safe mode =[

Why don't you just sign up for the beta instead of using the leak? You might even end up with a newer build that does not encounter these problems, and you'll have contact with the devs about your issues. 

On 6/15/2017 at 11:48 AM, Lucif3r said:

When leaks happen simply due to devs greed or the classic "bohoo sony/nintendo/ms will patch it!" I dont really care, I think thats a stupid reason to withhold stuff.

I disagree, if a devs trusts somebody enough to beta test something for her/him and says not to distribute it, then a little responsibility should be taken on by the beta tester not to leak the devs work. I've beta tested stuff before and there is no way I would have taken it upon myself to release somebody elses work against their instructions, no mater what the circumstances.

13 hours ago, stomp_442 said:

I disagree, if a devs trusts somebody enough to beta test something for her/him and says not to distribute it, then a little responsibility should be taken on by the beta tester not to leak the devs work. I've beta tested stuff before and there is no way I would have taken it upon myself to release somebody elses work against their instructions, no mater what the circumstances.

Youre mixing up not releasing something due to it being in beta phase, and something that is completely finished and only withheld for greed and other bullshit.

On 16/06/2017 at 6:54 PM, ConsoleHax said:

Why don't you just sign up for the beta instead of using the leak? You might even end up with a newer build that does not encounter these problems, and you'll have contact with the devs about your issues. 

Well...it's a little late now. The sign up closed before the first builds even started going out. That being said people still shouldn't really install it. If for no other reason...it's a beta for a reason.

19 minutes ago, MeatSafeMurderer said:

Well...it's a little late now. The sign up closed before the first builds even started going out. That being said people still shouldn't really install it. If for no other reason...it's a beta for a reason.

I did not know that.

On 6/16/2017 at 1:54 PM, ConsoleHax said:

Thank you i just saw that the beta reopened but i was at work. Anyway the funny thing is i already am a beta tester but at the time i did not send my other CID's.

1 hour ago, MeatSafeMurderer said:

The beta is reopened you can sign up if you want.

4 minutes ago, alpalus said:

The beta is reopened you can sign up if you want.

The beta sign up is still very much closed. What yifanlu said is that if you do install the leaked build feedback would be appreciated. You still won't get any newer builds until 29/07/17 and according to yifanlu the leaked build is old as it is and has a number of issues.

On 6/17/2017 at 5:10 PM, MeatSafeMurderer said:

The beta sign up is still very much closed. What yifanlu said is that if you do install the leaked build feedback would be appreciated. You still won't get any newer builds until 29/07/17 and according to yifanlu the leaked build is old as it is and has a number of issues.

right here https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe0l2dDgqjODL98OueC00zZ0qvbnJs7EGEXCpL4mCJHPLZxzw/viewform

Beta Access Key is onetwothreefour

Edited by alpalus

2 hours ago, alpalus said:

That doesn't give you a download. It's literally just a feedback form. Nothing more.