Be Careful of Video Importer App for Vita

ZNDelta4

I downloaded the "Video Importer" app from the new Homebrew app via Henkaku to PS Vita and it completely f*cked up my handheld. My videos was COMPLETELY rendered useless.  I also couldn't access my PS Vita settings as it would usually freeze and the video section I mention before kept freezing when I clicked on one of my downloaded vids. And beforehand, I had noticed that the thumbnails on all of except the top video (for whatever reason...) did not appear. To solve this crap problem, I had no choice but to format my memory card AND restore my Vita as a whole. And because of that, my memory cards were rendered useless until I updated my system, and the rest doesn't have to be said for my henkaku installation. So be EXTREMELY careful what you download from that damn homebrew app and just stay the f*ck away from Video Importer and the like. I'm pissed cuz I don't  have at least $150 to buy another, downgraded system anytime soon, if ever....

Edited by ZNDelta4
misspelling

• Super Moderator

That sucks man, I don't have a vita myself so I am curious about why you had to update to the latest fw? There's no other way you could of used the old one as a system restore or something? I know you mentioned your SD card was jacked up does that mean you had to connect the vita to internet in order for it to update itself? 

Also I know it's water under the fridge at this point, but wasn't there a new thing released or going to be released that made the use of memory cards interchangeable amongst different fw consoles?

Don't be a jerk be cool! Join Switch Club today!

Well...you didn't have to update your Vita. You could have reinstalled 3.60 over the top, formatted the sticks and went on your merry way. You could always pick up a <3.60 motherboard, swap it out and sell the old one, I hear they're going fairly cheap.

• Upvote 2

"HENkaku was an inside job"

DTL-H1100 Debugging Station, KSM440BAM Laser Assembly

SCPH-1002 PlayStation, Old Crow Modchip

CECH-2503B PS3 Slim, Dual Boot OFW / 4.80.1 REBUG D-REX (Broken HDMI)

PCH-1004 PSVITA, 3.60 変革 Ensō, SD2Vita, 128GB

Topic moved from Member Introduction to General PSVita.

872daeaf9d5ccbb7d98bb4fef4246f6e9da5ddcf

• Super Moderator

Sorry for your loss. You actually could've reinstalled FW3.60 instead of updating to the latest firmware. Also it's better to ask a question on forums like this if you encounter a problem (instead of making wrong desicions on your own). 

Anyways thank you for sharing your story. People should always be carefull with installing and running homebrew applications, especially with 'unsafe homebrew' checked in settings.

• GregoryRasputin

What is annoying is the developer of the app hasn't responded on Wololo's blog, even though i notified him of it a couple of days:

http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=116&t=48133

• Upvote 1