• GregoryRasputin

@silicaAndPina is set to release a homebrew application atht will help you reinstall firmware 3.60, here is a video of it in action thanks to @CelesteBlue:

Update

The file has been released, use with caution:

http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?t=48111&p=418202#p418202

• Upvote 1

Looks like is lua app that copying files to ud0 and triggering update. If I'm right is actually safe way to reinstall 3.60 because update process (incl. file checksum) is done by original firmware updater. At the second hand I reinstalled 3.60 only one time on my PSTV. All that because I messed vs0 by myself, so is not app for everyone. And only for vita without internet access, because with internet access you can reinstall with fake DNS method created by henkaku devs. 

• Upvote 1

PS4 CUH-11XXA - Latest OFW - 500GB SSHD | PS3 CECH-20XX - Latest OFW - 80GB | PSP 200X - 6.60 Pro C-fix3 - 8GB µSD to MS Pro Duo | PSTV - 3.60 - 8GB USB Stick

My History: Commodore128, Atari 2600 clone, Amiga 600, Nintendo G&W, Nes clone, Sega Mega Drive, QuickShot Supervision, PSX, Dreamcast -Best console EVER, PS2 (second best ever), PSP, Xbox 360, Wii, NDS lite, NGC, PS3, PS4.

CLICK ONE OF BUTTONS BELOW TO LEARN SOMETHING NEW:
:but x::but cir::but square::but tri:

• GregoryRasputin
  • Developer
1 hour ago, marvin said:

Looks like is lua app that copying files to ud0 and triggering update. If I'm right is actually safe way to reinstall 3.60 because update process (incl. file checksum) is done by original firmware updater. At the second hand I reinstalled 3.60 only one time on my PSTV. All that because I messed vs0 by myself, so is not app for everyone. And only for vita without internet access, because with internet access you can reinstall with fake DNS method created by henkaku devs. 

You cant acturally reinstall with the HENKAKU DNS. it will say "The latest version of the system software is allready installed" you have to do it with QCMA, A PSVita Gamecart, or this app 

also its not UD0:! ITS ux0:data/PSP2/UPDATE GOSSHH Get it right.

aside from that your pretty much correct xD

all the app is doing behind the scenes is dropping the 3.60 update pup to ux0:data/PSP2/UPDATE and then calling "settings_dlg:updater::via_mc"
then the rest is done by the SONY updater. 

thus should be 100% Safe as its using sonys acctural update process

Edited by silicaAndPina
  • Upvote 1
15 hours ago, silicaAndPina said:

You cant acturally reinstall with the HENKAKU DNS. it will say "The latest version of the system software is allready installed" you have to do it with QCMA, A PSVita Gamecart, or this app 

I didn't knew that. I have only PSTV.

also its not UD0:! ITS ux0:data/PSP2/UPDATE GOSSHH Get it right.

Like above, but without "I have only PSTV". :P ud0 is used somehow for updates? I remember I read that is mount point related to updates. 

aside from that your pretty much correct xD

:cool:

PS4 CUH-11XXA - Latest OFW - 500GB SSHD | PS3 CECH-20XX - Latest OFW - 80GB | PSP 200X - 6.60 Pro C-fix3 - 8GB µSD to MS Pro Duo | PSTV - 3.60 - 8GB USB Stick

My History: Commodore128, Atari 2600 clone, Amiga 600, Nintendo G&W, Nes clone, Sega Mega Drive, QuickShot Supervision, PSX, Dreamcast -Best console EVER, PS2 (second best ever), PSP, Xbox 360, Wii, NDS lite, NGC, PS3, PS4.

CLICK ONE OF BUTTONS BELOW TO LEARN SOMETHING NEW:
:but x::but cir::but square::but tri:

• Developer

ud0 = UpdateData0 

when updates auto-download they download to there

im not using it because its not that easy to acturally get the vita to recognise that theres an update file there