How To Easily Kill Your Console

• GregoryRasputin

Didn't even know these things existed, be an expensive lesson for those type of people who keep stealing your USB thumb drives :P

• Upvote 1
  • Super Moderator

wow, what an evil little thing that is. I wonder if it's used by people who void their warranty and need to cover their tracks. *pondering_smiley_face*

• Upvote 2

Don't be a jerk be cool! Join Switch Club today!

I've wanted to pick one up for a while...but I know I'll end up doing less than stellar things to other peoples property with it...so probably best I don't. I don't think "It's just a prank bro" really applies here.

• Upvote 1

"HENkaku was an inside job"

DTL-H1100 Debugging Station, KSM440BAM Laser Assembly

SCPH-1002 PlayStation, Old Crow Modchip

CECH-2503B PS3 Slim, Dual Boot OFW / 4.80.1 REBUG D-REX (Broken HDMI)

PCH-1004 PSVITA, 3.60 変革 Ensō, SD2Vita, 128GB

• Super Moderator

I knew they existed. But I just want to but my foot in the dudes ass for wasting two perfectly fine consoles.

• Upvote 1
  • GregoryRasputin
13 minutes ago, ConsoleHax said:

I knew they existed. But I just want to but my foot in the dudes ass for wasting two perfectly fine consoles.

lol he has wasted a ton more things that just these consoles :P

• Upvote 1
  • Super Moderator
11 minutes ago, ConsoleHax said:

in such a subtle way is what makes it worse. Like I've gotten around to not wincing when I see people drop these off of roofs. But this, I didn't like this at all it hurt.

• Upvote 1

Don't be a jerk be cool! Join Switch Club today!

LOL, i mean yea its obvious its going to short it out..   Maybe next see how long it operates underwater ? :) .

• Upvote 1
  • Super Moderator
6 hours ago, LightningMods said:

Lol i saw this a few months ago..

Here have a Bambi quote:

BTW: I saw Bambi years ago ...

Edited by ConsoleHax
  • Upvote 1

That uh.... Should do nothing but blow fuses for the USB-bus... And Im ashamed to admit that, ye, talking from experience :angel: Lost 4 USB ports by managing something similar :tw_joy:

872daeaf9d5ccbb7d98bb4fef4246f6e9da5ddcf

Thing is...USB kill does so much more than just short the pins out. It takes the 5v feed and uses it against the device by storing it up until it can release 200v into the data lines; with inevitable results. It is possible to protect against it...even sparing the USB ports damage...but many manufacturers have not bothered because this type of attack is rare. Apple is one of the few that has, some, but not all of their lineup will survive.

I don't believe the PS4's front USB was actually protected. Some devices can survive a few seconds and if the PS4 survived long enough for the USB's to be fried then the USB kill would stop receiving power...moving it to the back however was a death sentence.

Edited by MeatSafeMurderer
  • Upvote 1

"HENkaku was an inside job"

DTL-H1100 Debugging Station, KSM440BAM Laser Assembly

SCPH-1002 PlayStation, Old Crow Modchip

CECH-2503B PS3 Slim, Dual Boot OFW / 4.80.1 REBUG D-REX (Broken HDMI)

PCH-1004 PSVITA, 3.60 変革 Ensō, SD2Vita, 128GB

• Super Admin

People really shouldn't make retail releases of shit like this. There is no good that can come from these other than buying them to intentionally damage other people's property.

I have seen these things used on all types of devices. Some survive, and other devices die. As @Lucif3r said above this should do nothing more than pop the fuse on the USB bus, but most devices are so poorly designed that your device dies. I have seen macbooks, consoles, and almost every single phone die to this thing. There are some phones that survived.

Yes I understand that making one of these at home is actually fairly simple but I would love to slap the fuck out of the person that thought "hey let's sell these at a profit and watch the chaos while we laugh and count our money." There are some pretty evil tools on the market that do have a legitimate use like penetraition testing tools, and password crackers, etc. This thing? This thing was designed to kill shit... nothing more, nothing less.

Some people just want to see the world burn :(

• Upvote 2

Don't start shit, there won't be shit

I only see shit in this thing, nothing brilliant, intelligent and evolutionary, a waste of time.