• Announcements

• GregoryRasputin

Say Hello, Make An Introduction Thread :)   11/20/2015

We love having new members join the forum, what we like more is them being productive people and contributing a little bit to the forum. So if you are a new member, let us know who you are by saying hi in an introduction thread, you can find the forum section here: https://playstationhax.xyz/forums/forum/15-member-introduction/
zapptheman

How to | Replace PS4 Bluray Drive

zapptheman    171

Hi Guys. Back again with another tutorial.

YES, you will need to purchase a new Bluray drive for this tutorial :)

If you guys have every had any issues with the Bluray drive and you don't know what to do anymore, you may have tried various different things, or you just don't trust yourself with any other methods. This is about the simplest method you can find to fix most issues that can arrise around the Bluray drive. There is a video below which shows you how to change the BD drive, otherwise there's a bit of a written tut under the video. Let me know if you need anymore help. Good luck :)

Ok so if you can't listen or watch the video for whatever reason, here is the write-up. 

Firstly you need to get to the inside of the system. so turn PS4 upside down, and remove the 3 security screws at the back of the system, holding the bottom cover plate on. (for fat ps4

once removed, it should be easy to remove the cover by lifting back up first and then pull it off the front

After this there are many screws on the boarder of the chassy, remove all security screws you see on the chassy, then there are 2 philips head screws at the back in the power supple, remove them too. 

gently pull out power supply by lifting the right oriented side if you have the back of the ps4 facing you, then lift it gently up while left side may come loose a bit, then put the right side down and lift the left until it comes off prongs, be careful not to break the cabel coming out of the power suply, you can easily just remove this during the replacement of the drive

next you want to make sure there are no more screws holding the bluray drive in place, there is 1 normal philips head screw at the top which holds it in place, (top being front) just remove that one and then remove the ribbon cable and power cable which are connecting to the drive from the mainboard. the drive should now come out with a bit of encouragement. 

simply drop your new drive in and remove the daughter board from your old ps4 and replace the one on the new drive if it came with one, otherwise hook it up to the new drive, there are a few screws holding it in place.

once the old daughter board it hooked up to the old drive, hook it back up to the mainboard and reverse the teardown process ensuring you keep the new drive and mainboard int the system. turn on the ps4 and you should be golden.

WARNING! This may not fix all issues especially if your daughterboard is damaged. if you would like any help to see if it might help please post image of your daughterboard and what is going wrong with the ps4 in comments down bellow and i will make a judgement on it and tell you what i think you should do. i am also not responsible if you purchase a replacement drive and it does not work for whatever reason. i will help you diagnose the issue but if you do not take necessary precautions to make sure you need a new drive it is your fault. also be careful of sellers on ebay, some might not be very good.

Good luck guys :)

• Upvote 1

When i first saw this i was thinking/hoping it was TUT to re-marry a different daughter-board to the PS4 .... but oh well, atleast we can still play digital games and update without a blu-ray drive unlike OFW PS3s

• Upvote 1

zapptheman    171
On 4/7/2017 at 3:28 AM, LightningMods said:

When i first saw this i was thinking/hoping it was TUT to re-marry a different daughter-board to the PS4 .... but oh well, atleast we can still play digital games and update without a blu-ray drive unlike OFW PS3s

Me too buddy, i wish i could re-marry the motherboard on my ps4 with a new daughter-board. but oh well, such is life, until this new exploit that's getting hyped comes out