zapptheman

PS4 Jailbreak Status and Updates | April 2017

So over the last few days, hints have been dropped all over the scene. 

There's a video below for those of you who prefer to listen, otherwise if you would like to read then just check under the video and there's a whole write up.

Recent updates are showing that qwertyuiop and cturt may have something more than we have expected. cturt has started off by posting tweets showing himself updating to ofw 4.06 from his beloved 1.76

This also goes along with other tweets by qwertyuiop hinting at a 0day exploit kernalside as seen bellow

At this point in time we can only assume they are sitting on top of something huge but until the exploit is finished and publicly released, might take some time.. I am personally excited to see where they are going to go with this and what could come of it. 

What we know:

The webkit exploit will currently grant us access up to firmware 4.07 while the kernal exploit is currently classified as 0day which means that the exploit is unknown to sony and therefore not patched in latest released firmware. The only issue with the kernal exploit is that there is no current public releases of a webkit exploit for the latest firmware which is required to utilize the kernal exploit. The good news about this is that webkit exploits are usually much easier to come across than kernal exploits and if a newer webkit exploit is discovered this could essentially target latest firmware systems and all systems will be exploitable until $ony engineers patch them. 

Let us know in the comments down below what you're most looking forward to when the ps4 is publicly hacked

Sources: 

Twitter - CTurt

Twitter - qwertyuiop

Wololo

Edited by zapptheman

I've been out of the scene for so long I don't even no any of the names you mentioned lmao

1 hour ago, denero1 said:

I've been out of the scene for so long I don't even no any of the names you mentioned lmao

yeah man Cturt only came along a few years ago haha. not too sure when qwertyuiop first came to ps4 scene tho. i think he's been around for a while too.