• Announcements

• GregoryRasputin

Say Hello, Make An Introduction Thread :)   11/20/2015

We love having new members join the forum, what we like more is them being productive people and contributing a little bit to the forum. So if you are a new member, let us know who you are by saying hi in an introduction thread, you can find the forum section here: https://playstationhax.xyz/forums/forum/15-member-introduction/
ConsoleHax

Project Scorpio

66bbbd6f-77d0-4652-a03e-902c6825c4a6.jpg

So project Scorpio has gotten his own product page:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/project-scorpio

It will be the most powerful console ever released with:

• 6 teraflops of graphical processing power
  • True 4K gaming
  • 320GB per second memory bandwith
  • 8 CPU cores

All Xbox One games and accessories are compatible.

'Holiday 2017'

This is written on the page and implies that the console will be released by the end of 2017.

Edited by ConsoleHax
  • Upvote 1

It'll most likely feature a Ryzen chip then. Whether the "true 4k gaming" holds true remains to be seen.... Im skeptic as usual though.

They're making another console right after a new XBOX One model. I wonder how the people who just bought that feel about it.

Edited by thezander

if i ever returned to peasantry i would choose project scorpio 

True 4k gaming..... yet it still takes a beast PC to get true 4k gaming. They did mention that only first party titles would have to be 4k. Now I am seeing shit about it is able to capture 4k 60 FPS footage.... now I call bullshit. So this thing can render 4k and also capture 4k 60FPS.... LMFAO. At this rate we are looking at one expensive ass console for a niche market. This will be worse than launch PS3s as far as the price point is concerned

• Upvote 1

Yeah, both producing AND capturing 4k is very... optimistic... to say the least... I doubt it comes with a fast SSD, so with 4k recording the HDD will be a limiting factor in itself. I mean, theres a reason "pro gamers" uses dedicated capture cards for hundreds of dollars, and not just some software-based solution. And 99% of those are still capturing 1080p, 1440p in some rare cases.. Never seen anyone capture 4k regularly other than for a "Look at what I can do!"-thingy.

4k in general is not yet viable. Start with getting 1080p without dynamic downscaling working properly first, then move on to 1440p, and THEN one can start thinking about 4k... In other words, proper 4k gaming should be at least 1 generation away.

I mean cmon, only a select few with way too much money can play somewhat proper 4k with a monster-PC, how the fk do they think they'd be able to mainstream it in a fking console, that HAS to be significantly cheaper than a PC to be viable? Yeah, not happening...

• Upvote 2