• Super Moderator

User brenj at GBATemp has released and consistently updated an IRC client for the WiiU. It currently only connects to freenode, but he has been making revisions to it on a regular basis so perhaps more options will come in the future. It also uses an attached USB keyboard so no gamepad keyboard it seems. 

the steps for using are pretty straight forward

Steps to connect:
1. Choose your keyboard layout: (1) US, (2) UK, (3) JAP (4) DANISH (5) FR (6) GER (7) ITA (8) DUTCH (9) POR (0) SPA (F1) RUS
2. Enter your username
3. Enter your password
4. Enter the channel to connect to
5. Profit!

It's a neat piece of homebrew software, some people like to use their consoles for IRC chat I have come to learn and those online clients can be kind of whack.

Source : https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-lameircu.460609/

Edited by thezander
  • Upvote 2

Don't be a jerk be cool! Join Switch Club today!

• Developer
8 hours ago, thezander said:

User brenj at GBATemp has released and consistently updated an IRC client for the WiiU. It currently only connects to freenode, but he has been making revisions to it on a regular basis so perhaps more options will come in the future. It also uses an attached USB keyboard so no gamepad keyboard it seems. 

the steps for using are pretty straight forward

It's a neat piece of homebrew software, some people like to use their consoles for IRC chat I have come to learn and those online clients can be kind of whack.

Source : https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-lameircu.460609/

When pasting a quote if you were to paste it into a notepad first then copy and paste from notepad to the site you wouldn't get that text highlighting you have :/

• Upvote 1
  • Super Moderator
6 hours ago, LightningMods said:

When pasting a quote if you were to paste it into a notepad first then copy and paste from notepad to the site you wouldn't get that text highlighting you have :/

hm ya that's a screw up, i usually select remove formatting. i'll fix it in a bit.

• Upvote 1

Don't be a jerk be cool! Join Switch Club today!