GregoryRasputin

Cheat Devices Coming To PS4

Back in the PS1 days i had a couple of cheat devices, they were hardware that slotted into the back of the console and looked cool, they were a bit pricey, but i was young and dumb and still getting pocket money, so i hadn't learned about how unscrupulous some of these companies are, i am not saying that is what the companies behind these devices are, but such devices can have open source free alternatives, so on to the devices in question:

pVGoQ72.jpg

Cyber Save Editor

• The save editor is a personal computer application that can change save data of game for PS 4 to a wonderful state such as "possession gold MAX" "status MAX". By entering something like a "patch code" like a password, you can register additional contents that can be changed.
  • This product can be used for save data created with PS4 main unit logged in with PSN (Playstation Network) ID. 
  • Please use the purchaser's own PSN ID to use for logging in PS4 main unit. 
  •  Products with 1 user license can only be used for saved data created with the same PSN ID. 
  • Products with multiple user licenses can be used for saved data created with the same number of PSN IDs as the number of licenses.
  • It can be used for both game of Blu-ray disc version and download version. (It may not be available in some games)
  • It may take time depending on the save data size and line conditions. In advanced mode, use restrictions may be applied when line congestion occurs.

The device will be released in March and will cost  ¥7800/£55/$68  for a one user license and  ¥14800/£104/$130  for a three user license

Source

I9MeGzm.jpg

Xploder PS4 Cheats System

• Hunting around for cheats online can be tricky involving risky flashing or chipping of your console and carries high risk of damage, invalid warranties or getting your profile barred from PSN! No more risk taking, let Xploder do the hard work for you.
  • Works with the all the latest games, even games that profile lock their saves!
  • Works with the latest PS4 firmwares without "jailbraking" or "modding"
  • Assigns any save to your chosen PS4 profile.

The date is unknown, the price however is £39.99 and they cannot spell 'jailbreaking' correctly...

Source

My advice

Wait until something free and open source comes along, yes you might be young and just want to cheat, but don't cheat yourself out of money, cheat these devices out of a sale by waiting for a community solution :)

Today's cheat devices don't offer shit. During the PS1 days I did have an action replay, but I used it for it's ability to run backups and imports. These cheating assholes these days are a special kind of scum. I would go as far to say that about 95% of people looking into cheat programs and/or devices want them to cheat online

Call of Duty is not that hard of a game you fucking lames

im NOT going to pay for any type of ps4 software unless it jailbreaks any FW, However i will pay for hardware .. Flashers,more wire, more solder, dongles and and maybe ODE if its like $65 but never Software especially NOT for a game cheating tool like RTM,Gamsaves etc  

The old school cheat devices were completely different. Those could be used to unlock cool shit, not just blatantly cheat. I think it was Golden Eye for N64 that you could unlock more levels in, new weapons and stuff like that. I seem to recall OoT also had alot of fancy stuff, such as closing the Door of Time while being an adult(LIKE ON THE BLOODY SCREENSHOT ON THE BOX!!!).

So yeah, they had a lot of uses other than just cheat...

The only cheat device I was ever aware of was the GameSHark for 64, I think I may of rented it once or twice. Looking back I remember what the hell it did, but I think it could unlimited lives, no damage kind of things. Anyways I don't think I would buy a modern cheating device because I just have no inclination I think cheats only intrigue children which is fine. 

Now cheat codes are a whole different story, they made impossible old school games more palatable. Of course I had very limited connectivity to the rest of the world to find these out until much later. Cheat codes are just cool in general if they brought those back it would be a neat aspect however they don't have a lot of place in modern day games and would become mass knowledge in no time.  

Cheat Codes inside the games themselves were put there on purpose by the devs. So I dont count them as cheats persé tbh. Especially when we're talking about games with no checkpoints or save's.

Oldish PC-games also had similar methods, but these were more akin to debug-things and straight up cheats(unl. health/ammo etc). The universal method was to bring down a console with tilde(or whatever the button above tab next to 1 is called), and then you had your simple commands such as god(god-mode, unl. health), noclip(lets you fly freely without collisions etc).

This method still exists to this day in many modern games. However, the console is most of times hidden/locked, and the commands arent as generic as they were in the past...