Welcome to PlayStationHaX

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• GregoryRasputin

Say Hello, Make An Introduction Thread :)   11/20/2015

We love having new members join the forum, what we like more is them being productive people and contributing a little bit to the forum. So if you are a new member, let us know who you are by saying hi in an introduction thread, you can find the forum section here: https://playstationhax.xyz/forums/forum/15-member-introduction/
steveprox

PSone doesn't spin discs

[PSone PAL SCPH-102] 
I have a modded playstation 1 and it doesn't spin the dics, I thought the problem was about the laser (old laser spinned discs for a while and then stops itself; it stopped spinning definitively 
after I've adjusted its potentiometer several times) so i bought a new laser but the problem persists. 
I don't think the problem is about the lasers, even though no laser spins games.

21 answers to this question

Is there any sounds coming from it, or is it quiet? If theres a sound from it, a cog or something might've broken, causing it to slip. If its completely quiet, it might be the dc motor itself thats busted...

In any case, sitting here and guessing wont accomplish anything, you're gonna have to rip it open and go through every part that handles the spinning of the discs.

It is quiet, I've open it a lot of times but I don't know where spinning region is

H2LoA52.jpg
xPYtgB2.jpg
FCowTeR.jpg
5UNKSzI.jpg

Is it recently modded or something? Is it back together now? 

I haven't used a PS1 in awhile so I can't remember but does it have a message that either says "Disk not readable" or "no game inserted" to see whether or not it even recognizes something is inside of it.

No there is no message like that, PSone worked years ago with this modchip, it doesn't spin the discs now

Your pictures seem to be focused on the mod install do you think that is the cause of it? That a solder point is screwing it up? Does the PS1 have a disk drive that you use a PC to power it up?

No I don't use a disk drive, I think the problem is about the motor of spinning discs

added 11 minutes later

I really need help

If you think you've diagnosed it why not get the part from ebay?

Shall I get a new motherboard?

Well that would screw up your mod right? would you need to do that in order to fix the drive?

I would like to solve the issue without getting a new motherboard if it was possible

That would be ideal. How long ago did it stop working? Was the total breakdown gradual or all of the sudden? Did it have more issues with the disk not spinning until not all. 

Old laser used to spin discs for some second without playing those and it stopped spinning (even for a few second) after I've adjusted its potentiometer a lot of times, I replaced it with a new laser but the problem is the same: discs don't spin

Since replacing the laser didn't make it spin. Then perhaps you are correct in assuming that the motor is jank. Do you have any ideas on how to test that theory though? External power supply, swap with another PS. Finding another console would be a pain. But I do not think that the motherboard is the issue unless you swapped knowingly working parks to test. 

4 minutes ago, thezander said:

Since replacing the laser didn't make it spin. Then perhaps you are correct in assuming that the motor is jank. Do you have any ideas on how to test that theory though? External power supply, swap with another PS. Finding another console would be a pain. But I do not think that the motherboard is the issue unless you swapped knowingly working parks to test. 

Old laser used to spin discs for 3 seconds and then stopts itself, I've adjusted its potentiometer a lot of times and it suddenly stopped spinning, it didn't spin for any second so I replaced the laser and the new laser doesn't spin too :(

Ok correct me if I'm wrong because I am super familiar with all of this.

The laser one a disk drive moves in just a back and forth motion on an arm. And there's a gear pog thing in the center that is connected to a motor that is responsible for the disk actually spinning. 

Check all using multimeter. Power to spin that drive is provided by that black&white cable. You can check that power is provided to drive when it should. Also you sure that "closed case sensor" is working correctly? Laser is working when you close clap/case? 

Also your  BA5947FP can be already burned.. 

The discs don't spin anymore, they used to spin for a few seconds with old laser so I tried to adjust its potentiometer but it suddenly stop spinning discs so I bought a new laser but the discs don't spin as well so the problem might be about the motor, right?

Edited by steveprox

help

there are enough junk laser for x360 that I bought as a new/working laser but they wont work anymore.

I dont want to tell you that your laser is problem but it could be one of your choice to check again again and again

I got a question, how much money are you willing to spend to alleviate this problem? Based on your amount then we can start giving you more ideas.

15 hours ago, thezander said:

I got a question, how much money are you willing to spend to alleviate this problem? Based on your amount then we can start giving you more ideas.

20€ to replace the motherboard