Welcome to PlayStationHaX

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• GregoryRasputin

Say Hello, Make An Introduction Thread :)   11/20/2015

We love having new members join the forum, what we like more is them being productive people and contributing a little bit to the forum. So if you are a new member, let us know who you are by saying hi in an introduction thread, you can find the forum section here: https://playstationhax.xyz/forums/forum/15-member-introduction/
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thezander

HaxChi and CBHC made by FIX94

FIX94 has released a few excellent tools, I haven't seen a thread on them yet. Perhaps I didn't search well but anyways I'll post about it.

First off I'll start with Haxchi 

You can get the latest release here: https://github.com/FIX94/haxchi/releases

Haxchi is a permanent homebrew channel installed on the WiiU menu ( Given that you do not update or delete the game from system manager). It requires you to have a permanent DS virtual game purchased and installed on your WiiU, this list of applicable titles can be found here highlighted: https://github.com/FIX94/haxchi/blob/master/installer/src/gameList.h#L14-L102

Once you have your game installed you place the HaxChi files onto your SD card and access the HBL through the browser and install the package. It will recognize the DS title on your console and let you proceed through the installation. I believe if you have multiple DS titles it lets choose which one you want to install over. 

Once it is installed you'll notice on your menu that the DS game now has a new icon and now launches particular homebrew that you set it to.

By that I mean before you installed HaxChi there is a config.txt in the SD card files that lets you set what you want the default software to launch be. Also it has a modifier to let you launch a secondary homebrew software by holding down a button. For instance you can have just clicking it bring up the HBL and you can have by holding the 'A' button and clicking the title launch a CFW or redNAND or whatever else you'd like. The options being a fw.img on your SD card, or a .elf that can do a multitude of things e.g HBL.

That's about all I can think of for HaxChi. 

Entire source quote:

After doing quite a lot of work I now think it is time to release this - Version 2.0 of Haxchi!
If you happen to have a DS VC title that is listed in this file then go ahead and grab the current Haxchi .zip file, make sure to NOT click on "source code" instead of the current .zip:
https://github.com/FIX94/haxchi/releases
Just extract the contents of it onto your sd card. The "haxchi" folder right now just consists of a simple replacement icon, logo and replacing the game title with "Haxchi".
Its example config.txt will boot homebrew launcher by default, a fw.img on your sd card when holding A and holding B will send you back into the system menu which will get full signature and region patching and support this ftpiiu-everywhere version; Haxchi comes with its own sysnand CFW included.
For a full list of all compatible buttons that you can use for the config.txt go here.
The content of this haxchi folder can be changed to your liking - if you want to you can also add in an alternative bootSound.btsnd to replace the original startup sound which I did not do in this example haxchi folder.
After setting up the content to your liking all you have to do is run the Haxchi Installer in homebrew launcher, select the game you want to install it on and that is it! If you ever want to make changes to the content folder it installed to then just re-run the Haxchi Installer and install it again, you dont have to reinstall the game beforehand, it'll just overwrite the previous haxchi installation with your new data.
Please note, this will ONLY WORK WITH DS VC GAMES ON NAND, if you have a ds vc game on USB you want to use then please move it to your NAND first and ideally detach your usb device before using this installer .elf, if you dont remove your usb devices it may freeze up on exiting or not install properly.
This also ONLY LOADS THE .ELF VERSION OF THE HOMBEBREW LAUNCHER which as of right now is v1.4 so make sure to keep that on your sd card or you will just get error -5 when starting your haxchi channel. Once you are in the homebrew launcher it is also perfectly compatible with loading .rpx files, you just cant use haxchi itself to load .rpx files.

Let me know if everything works fine since there is only so much I can test myself.

Source : https://gbatemp.net/threads/haxchi-v2-0-a-persistent-wiiu-hack.451071/

Looking at it again I haven't used this new version I don't know what ftpiiu everywhere is. I am guessing it the patch that let's you access the file system of the console with those python scripts or GUI versions. Also I think the HaxChi CFW is a new concept to me as well. 

If you change your mind about how you want it configured by the way, after you edit the config.txt you have to reinstall HaxChi from HBL. I didn't realize this myself at first. 

P.S. I said permanent earlier, what I meant by that is you don't have to keep setting it up but you can revert back the actual DS title if you wanted to. So kind of permanent if you want?

Second, onto CBHC (Cold boot HaxChi)

This is also made by FIX94. This is a homebrew software that makes it so when you turn on your WiiU it automatically boots your HaxChi title. Thus you need to have HaxChi installed prior another thing I haven't seen mentioned but I assume it works is the whole button modifier thing. I think if you hold down a button while booting your WiiU the same thing will happen. 

This is actually quite easy to install basically get this zip from here https://github.com/FIX94/haxchi/releases for the latest and install through HBL. 

This can also be uninstalled by accessing the same package through HBL, it will detect you have HaxChi and offer to uninstall. 

Now the nature of this software of screwing with your booting process can be detrimental if executed incorrectly or if you do something erroneous after the fact ( such as uninstalling the title from system manager in the WiiU). 

If you have a USB external storage device plugged into your WiiU and titles set to automatically install there prior to installing HaxChi or CBHC you need to make sure the game is installed onto your system (NAND) and not your USB drive. This is pretty important. 

Quote from source on features:

Features

Anyways, enough of that - what can this actually do when installed?
It offers a basic menu from which you can boot into:

• The system menu which will get full signature and region patching and support this ftpiiu-everywhere version; CBHC comes with its own sysnand CFW included.
  • You can boot into the .elf version of homebrew launcher.
  • You can boot a fw.img or Mocha CFW on your sd card which could be useful for rednand and if you really need to connect to wupserver from a pc, but thats really only interesting as a developer. For pretty much anyone the system menu setting (which uses the included CBHC CFW) is enough, on top of that using Mocha or fw.img for sysnand can lead to bootup problems and takes far longer to boot so please just dont do it, I dont know how often I can repeat that point anymore.

If after installing CBHC no menu pops up when you turn on your console then you may have run into the very rare case in which CBHC did not properly install and your Haxchi installation still runs, in this case just go back into the homebrew launcher and try installing it again.

Quote about the warning:

WARNING

Please ONLY INSTALL THIS if you already have the normal Haxchi installed and know that it works perfectly, just install it over your existing Haxchi installation, again, DO NOT INSTALL IT from a freshly downloaded, never started/tested game or you may brick. Also ONLY INSTALL THIS IF THE DS VC IS BOUGHT FROM THE ESHOP ON THAT CONSOLE AND ON NAND AND YOU HAVE NO USB CONNECTED WHEN USING THE INSTALLER. 

If a new CBHC version comes out you can just run the installer again and let it overwrite the existing CBHC installation, same rules as on the first installation still apply.

Source thread itself: https://gbatemp.net/threads/cbhc-v1-5-coldboot-haxchi-cfw.452615/

This stuff was made by FIX94 ( the original poster in the source threads)