Nintendo Switch Rumours And News December 2016

• GregoryRasputin

Today some information and rumours have come out about Nintendo's upcoming console called Switch, one such piece of information comes from Eurogamer, stating that Gamecube games will be playable via Virtual Console:

4wexuRc.jpg

Nintendo Switch will be able to play GameCube games via its Virtual Console service, three separate sources have confirmed to Eurogamer.
GameCube support is already tested and working, we understand, and three Nintendo games have already been prepped for Switch.

Those games are Super Mario Sunshine, Luigi's Mansion and Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Source

Another story suggests that Dark Souls 3 is running on the console and the company is considering a trilogy re-release

Source

• Super Moderator

That will be cool, I hope they will have an affordable GC controller hub. Maybe a relaunch of the wavebird, they're always 'relaunching' something. They'll slap on and NES style skin or yoshi pattern and sell it for big bucks.

Don't be a jerk be cool! Join Switch Club today!

There's a rumour about that (GC Controller Stuff).

• Upvote 1

psX-TOOLS_MthaMaN.png

PS3 CECHC04 OFW/CFW

PS4 OFW

Wii U 32GB Premium

Nintendo New 3DS XL a9lh

Nintendo Switch

• Super Moderator

http://www.businessinsider.com/nintendo-switch-patent-vr-virtual-reality-headset-2016-12

I guess they filed a patent for a VR thing you can slide the tablet into.

nintendovrswitchpatent.png

"Fig. 60 [the headset patent drawing] is a diagram showing an example HMD [head-mounted display] accessory to which the main unit can be attached. An HMD accessory to be described below as an example accessory can be used as a so-called HMD (head-mounted display) with the main unit attached thereto."

Edited by thezander
  • Upvote 1

Have the resolution of the handheld unit been announced?

872daeaf9d5ccbb7d98bb4fef4246f6e9da5ddcf

• GregoryRasputin
13 hours ago, Lucif3r said:

I haven't seen the resolution, i have seen rumours that suggest that the Zelda game will be Switch only though.

• Super Moderator
13 hours ago, GregoryRasputin said:

I haven't seen the resolution, i have seen rumours that suggest that the Zelda game will be Switch only though.

For real? where at? Haven't they officially said BOTW will be for WiiU as well?

They have, and it will.... However, its possible they will release the Switch version first, just like TP for Wii/GC.

That rumour (TLoZ BotW only 4 switch) turned out to be a fake.

• Upvote 1

psX-TOOLS_MthaMaN.png

PS3 CECHC04 OFW/CFW

PS4 OFW

Wii U 32GB Premium

Nintendo New 3DS XL a9lh

Nintendo Switch

• Super Moderator

I hope so, because I got TP for the Wii because I was under the impression that waving around the wiimote for a sword was a neat concept. The GC version probably would have sufficed, if not for TP the Wii would of been a sucky launch console. If the switch has some other additional baller launch titles as a surprise then I'll consider getting BOTW for it. If it's another Rayman's Raving Rabbits or Red Steel launch console then screw it, WiiU it is. 

The Wii version of TP is an abomination, so much so even N* realized that and based TP HD on the GC version, and not the Wii version. Thank fuck for that.

• GregoryRasputin
On 16/12/2016 at 11:21 PM, Lucif3r said:

You can thanks @NeoSabin for letting me know of this :P

Where Switch remains consistent is in CPU power - the cores run at 1020MHz regardless of whether the machine is docked or undocked. This ensures that running game logic won't be compromised while gaming on the go: the game simulation itself will remain entirely consistent. The machine's embedded memory controller runs at 1600MHz while docked (on par with a standard Tegra X1), but the default power mode undocked sees this drop to 1331MHz. However, developers can opt to retain full memory bandwidth in their titles should they choose to do so.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1326373

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-nintendo-switch-spec-analysis

720p screen resolution............ That, will be completely useless as a VR device... Theres enough issues with the PSVR being crap-res, and thats still at least 1080p(vive/rift is 1440p).

So, the switch will be a really shit cardboard-VR-toy, even more of a gimmick than PSVR.

Also, those specs looks quite shit, but then Im thinking of the switch as a home console, while I probably should think of it as a handheld with the ability to be docked... Still... Most mid-range smartphones are more powerful than that(and hosts higher res. screens!)....

No matter how I look at it now, the only saving grace for the switch, as far as I can see, is whether it'll be easy to code for or not. If it turns out to be a hassle, we will have yet another WiiU...