• Announcements

• GregoryRasputin

Say Hello, Make An Introduction Thread :)   11/20/2015

We love having new members join the forum, what we like more is them being productive people and contributing a little bit to the forum. So if you are a new member, let us know who you are by saying hi in an introduction thread, you can find the forum section here: https://playstationhax.xyz/forums/forum/15-member-introduction/
gusha

[SOLVED with additional findings] Vita stuck on old build of HENkaku - Cannot install kaiHENkaku

Question

gusha    571

Hi guys.

I have posted this question over at /talk but have had no joy. Here's hoping one of you fella's have an idea in this regard.

So, here's what the problem is. My vita has HENkaku installed and has had since it released. It's built 7b9c247 from Sunday September 11. Regardless of deleting Molecular shell and reinstalling it from http://henkaku.xyz or going straight to http://go.henkaku.xyz nor using the latest revision of kaiHENkaku url http://beta.henkaku.xyz, my Vita installs the old build.

Ive tried:

Formatting the Vita and MS

Rebuilding the DB

Deleting web browser cookies and history

Holding R as the web page loads

Deleting and reinstalling Molecular Shell from each of the 3 url's

Using the offline installer both for normal HENkaku as well as kaiHENkaku (offlineinstaller.vpk and BETA_offlineinstaller.vpk)

So lads, does anyone here have any bright ideas? I'm stumped and really annoyed at this stupid situation!

Thanks in advance.

Edited by gusha

5 answers to this question

BobbyBlunt    820

If you like the offline installer check out SwitchKaku. It will allow you to switch between the 2 versions and it allows you to choose which build your email client will boot

• Upvote 1

BobbyBlunt    820

I have switched between the 2 probably 6 times in the last hour trying to figure out my PSN issue. Each time the appropriate build installs.

Going to beta.henkaku.xyz should install the beta build, and http://henkaku.xyz the old build. The offline installer situation can get tricky. If you install beta henkaku you must use the new offline installer. If you use old Henkaku you must use the old offline installer. If you booted old henkaku and used the offline installer then the email client will continue to only boot the old version. It is either one or the other, you can't have both with the offline installer.

Edited by BobbyBlunt

zecoxao    1,281

@gusha i have a retarded idea. completely turn off your vita (instead of keeping it on standby) and try going to go.henkaku.xyz or beta.henkaku.xyz when you turn it on

Edited by zecoxao

gusha    571
21 hours ago, zecoxao said:

@gusha i have a retarded idea. completely turn off your vita (instead of keeping it on standby) and try going to go.henkaku.xyz or beta.henkaku.xyz when you turn it on

@zecoxaoTried that repeatedly to no avail.

However I was given a solution over at /talk. Initially it was suggested that the problem wasn't with the vita or vita TV but with my internet/router. So I used my mobile for a wireless hotspot and accessed beta.henkaku from there. Worked on both my vita and vita TV. Interestingly if I use my household wifi again it continues to install the old Sept 11 version. Don't really know how to reset this but at least I have Adrenaline installed on both devices.

Now I face the c1-2858-3 error. I initially used a mini but this continues when using a full PSP game. I checked and the latest fix is fix2 and I have that installed. Any ideas?

***EDIT***

After changing my base game a few times I made 2 interesting discoveries:

1) A corrupt .cso (tested and not working on my PSP's either) caused the c1-2858-3 error. Simply removing it from the ISO folder solved this. Ill re-rip the UMD and try as an .iso or recompress and test again.

2) While attempting to solve the above problem, I was lazy to go to the laptop to edit the config.txt file so did it via Vitashell. It works just fine. So if anyone is wanting to change up their base game, simply find its TITLEID under /pspemu/GAME/ and change the *TITLEID in the config file. Click X on that line and edit it accordingly. Save, exit, reboot, restart kaiHENkaku and the new game will load the XMB straight away.

Hope that helps!

Edited by gusha

gusha    571
3 hours ago, BobbyBlunt said:

If you like the offline installer check out SwitchKaku. It will allow you to switch between the 2 versions and it allows you to choose which build your email client will boot

Nice one! I'll check it out.