• Announcements

• GregoryRasputin

Say Hello, Make An Introduction Thread :)   11/20/2015

We love having new members join the forum, what we like more is them being productive people and contributing a little bit to the forum. So if you are a new member, let us know who you are by saying hi in an introduction thread, you can find the forum section here: https://playstationhax.xyz/forums/forum/15-member-introduction/
BobbyBlunt

Backups now possible on 4.70 OFW without ODDE

DSwizzy145    1
1 hour ago, Lucif3r said:

No. Burned bd-discs doesnt even work on proper CFW PS3's. The BD-drive has its own protection that has nothing to do with the PS3 itself. It would need a separate hack that no one has bothered with(why would they when HDD's are superior in every way possible?).

On top of that, you still have to deal with the PS3's protection. One could say the disc-drive based games are twice as protected as backups/hdd installations.

Perhaps, but never say never because it can be possible ;) whether you like it or not plus HDDs could in fact easily corrupt and damageable whilst losing everything compared to Discs! Yeah this HDD method is the most profitable way but yet very time consuming and unsure if every single game made for the console would work and thus having to revert everything all over again.

Lucif3r    2,415

discs fail far more often than HDD's, especially the lasers in the disc drives... And home-burned discs are known to cause extra wear on the lasers, so it'll die even faster.

Besides, in either case you lose the only 2 important things - save games and trophies. Those are stored on the HDD regardless of the game being on disc or hdd.

Also, I never said it cant be done, I said it cant be done with the method you suggested, and that it would require a lot of extra steps and work - which no sane person will bother with anymore since the console is obsolete and dead. The smart guys have all moved on to the PS4.

DSwizzy145    1
3 hours ago, Lucif3r said:

discs fail far more often than HDD's, especially the lasers in the disc drives... And home-burned discs are known to cause extra wear on the lasers, so it'll die even faster.

Besides, in either case you lose the only 2 important things - save games and trophies. Those are stored on the HDD regardless of the game being on disc or hdd.

Also, I never said it cant be done, I said it cant be done with the method you suggested, and that it would require a lot of extra steps and work - which no sane person will bother with anymore since the console is obsolete and dead. The smart guys have all moved on to the PS4.

Perhaps, but honestly i feel that physical media will always be a thousand times better than digital media in my opinion 

Lucif3r    2,415

Well, we're talking about home-burned backups so... At that stage it hardly matters at all. Whether the HDD or disc breaks doesnt matter, you just burn or re-transfer the game again and youre good to go.

I prefer physical games as well, but I dump them to the HDD's asap. I even have a bunch thats still in their plastic, cause I got impatient and downloaded a copy while waiting for the physical one :P 

Main reason I prefer HDD copies is a) no noisy disc drive, b.) no god damn disc swapping all the god damn time lol... and c) faster load times(although in the PS3's case its neglectable)

• Upvote 1

I have a question at the end of part 1 I think step 9 where does the folder come from?  I'm having trouble with steps 7-9. 

DSwizzy145    1

Does anyone know how to create or get original eboot.bin files from? Because the games give me an error after restoring backup with games