• Announcements

• GregoryRasputin

Say Hello, Make An Introduction Thread :)   11/20/2015

We love having new members join the forum, what we like more is them being productive people and contributing a little bit to the forum. So if you are a new member, let us know who you are by saying hi in an introduction thread, you can find the forum section here: https://playstationhax.xyz/forums/forum/15-member-introduction/
BobbyBlunt

Backups now possible on 4.70 OFW without ODDE

BobbyBlunt    820

Yes you read the title correctly. If you are one of the people unlucky enough to have OFW, but lucky enough to be on 4.70 or lower then there is good news for you. There is a method to inject backups into a system backup and restore it with those game backups being playable

A few words from the source I used. The original source is in Russian:

"So ,here is some news for PlayStation 3 OFW owners, as Russian hackers have released a new method of injecting backups on PS3 4.70 Official Firmware, similar to the hack and information from Kakaroto that lead to injections of various PS3 and PSP backups and tools such as trueAncestor backup Injector (which is used in this method). This new method seems to require a update for the game or it will not work according to limited reports. Also the hack does not require a IDPS which becomes even more useful for OFW user's as there is currently not many ways to obtain an IDPS via software. IDPStealer was one method used by PS3 user's during the first backup injection hack, but Sony patched the tool created by flatz and now this new method has a conversion that is said to not need any hardware or idps."

Requirements:  Requirements for Converting your Games on PS3 4.70 OFW (Downloads @ bottom of article):

• The Game (Disc Version) and the Patches..
  • Converter: GAME_CONVERT.zip
  • Injector: TrueAncestor - The BACKUP Injector
  • Hex Editor: HxD - The Hex Editor is Freeware
  • make_npdata: (Complied version inside GAME_CONVERT)
  • PkgView: (Latest version 1.3 is needed)

PART: #1 - Convert PS3 Game / Modify License
  1. Open archive GAME_CONVERT.zip any archive and extract packed inside GAME_CONVERT folder at any convenient place, preferably close to the root of the drive (NOT the folder path should be long and contain Cyrillic characters and other signs such as @ & () "/ [\ ]:;! | =,)
  2. If you have downloaded the game in an ISO you need to unpack it or mount a virtual drive. Of all the files we need only PS3_GAME folder, copy it to GAME_CONVERT. This also unpack the archive GAME_CONVERT.zip, containing script-BAT and utility make_npdata.
    As a result, you should get this:
  3. iahF5Z1.png
  4. We go in and check out there PS3_GAME presence LICDIR folder. If not, then read the following second part.
  5. Run CONVERT.BAT, continue to enter the name of our future in the game folder NPEBXXXXX format (where XXXXXany five-digit number), click the interval, waiting ... After the completion of the script, next to the other files will be almost finished with the game folder.
  6. It's time to unpack the patch (s). If the patch is not one, then you need to unpack them all and merge into a single folder, from smallest to largest, while agreeing with the replacement.
  7. Copy EBOOT.BIN file from the patch to the folder USRDIR our converted games. Editing, if needed, PARAM.SFO. (Change the version of the game, and the firmware on the exact same as in PARAM.SFO patch)
  8. Finished the game folder and the folder with the patch throws in "TrueAncestor BACKUP Injector \ game" and create a backup for instructions, please read third part below. Something like this should look ready patch folder and games.
  9. MAoUMlx.jpg

PART #2 : (Create/Modify License) 
Only needed, if one was NOT included in your 'backup'!

Creating PS3_GAME \ LICDIR \ LIC.DAT
  1. In PS3_GAME create LICDIR folder.
  2. Open in LIC.DAT hex-editor on any game, scroll down to 0x800 position until we find the game code (scroll carefully, that would not miss).WQAZdVk.png
  3. Once found, we replace it with the code of our game, taken from PARAM.SFO.XMgFSlU.png
  4. Vanishes 4 bytes old checksum in the 0x20 position (which indicates the 4th arrow), then select from the beginning exactly 0h900 bytes (number of allocated code is displayed in the bottom of the hex-editor - "Length: 900"), calculate a new CRC-32 as shown by the arrows and write a new check sum in the position 0x20:
    IxIoTgo.png
  5. Save and copy ready LIC.DAT in PS3_GAME \ LICDIR.

P.S. --> You can generate LIC.DAT code of PARAM.SFO games via the PS3 LIC.DAT Generator.

PART #3: Repack ISO to PKG and Inject Backup to PS3

PS3 OFW RePack (ISO2PKG)
  1. Insert the flash drive in the PS3 or an external HDD, formatted in FAT32.
  2. Go to "System Settings> Backup Utility" and create a backup copy.
  3. To unpack (* .pkg) use PkgView v1.3aKHepoj.png
  4. To add a game to use the backup TrueAncestor BACKUP Injector v1.70
  5. Drag a folder with numbers "PS3 \ EXPORT \ BACKUP \ 000000000000" in "TrueAncestor_BACKUP_Injector_v1.70 \ backup" folder
  6. Folders with the unpacked game move to folder "TrueAncestor_BACKUP_Injector_v1.70 \ game"
    • [NPXX00000] - The game itself
    • [BLXX00000] - Patch
    • DLC (if present)
  7. Run injector.exe and Recompiling BACKUP with the game (carry out points "1", "3", "S")qctawwI.png
  8. Restoring a backup to the PS3

Now this tutorial is pulled from PSX-place as they are the source I pulled this from. You can find the tools you will need HERE

Source: http://www.psx-place.com http://www.pspx.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=106399

• Upvote 2

xxdylanxx45    0

3k and superslim downgrade makes sense right?

BobbyBlunt    820
2 hours ago, xxdylanxx45 said:

3k and superslim downgrade makes sense right?

not possible. For those models we are going to need a new exploit.

• Upvote 1

xxdylanxx45    0
4 minutes ago, BobbyBlunt said:

not possible. For those models we are going to need a new exploit.

im not talking about 3.55, im talking downgrade to 4.70 from a higher fw?? we cant go down 3.55 yes i know but how about 4.70 for 3k and superslims?

BobbyBlunt    820
Just now, xxdylanxx45 said:

im not talking about 3.55, im talking downgrade to 4.70 from a higher fw?? we cant go down 3.55 yes i know but how about 4.70 for 3k and superslims?

I dont see anyone going through the trouble of downgrading to 4.70 only to have to go through a shit load of work just to play a few backups from internal HDD. I could be wrong.... never underestimate pirates

Lucif3r    2,415

Its no different going from something to 3.55 and something down to 4.70.

BobbyBlunt    820
1 minute ago, Lucif3r said:

Its no different going from something to 3.55 and something down to 4.70.

How is it not different? 3.55 allowed everything. 4.70 allows a few backups.

Lucif3r    2,415
Just now, BobbyBlunt said:

How is it not different? 3.55 allowed everything. 4.70 allows a few backups.

I mean when it comes to downgrading the metldr2 consoles... It doesnt matter if youre trying to downgrade to 3.55 or 4.70, result will be the same - complete and utter failure.

• Upvote 1

xxdylanxx45    0
2 minutes ago, Lucif3r said:

I mean when it comes to downgrading the metldr2 consoles... It doesnt matter if youre trying to downgrade to 3.55 or 4.70, result will be the same - complete and utter failure.

i thought its the fw not present in newer units thats why we cant downgrade newer or metldr2 units to 3.55? metldr2 starts 3.56/3.60
3k series 3.60 up? if somebody made a new patchlist its still not possible?

Lucif3r    2,415

metldr2 is an entirely different security system, and the things needed to bypass that is not available outside of Phony (and possibly some circlejerkers who refure to release it, idk..).

• Upvote 1

BobbyBlunt    820
2 minutes ago, Lucif3r said:

(and possibly some circlejerkers who refure to release it, idk..).

I have been quite vocal about that crowd lately. Ps3 is a dying console. It is quickly approaching end of life. There is no reason to hold onto anything.... If they haven't figured out how to lock down an exploit to some bullshit proprietary hardware/dongle yet then they aren't going to. Time to start dumping what you assholes have.

These same assholes will be the ones coming back to community asking for donations of both hardware and money to work on PS4 stuff.... PS4 stuff that will never be released either

• Upvote 3

zecoxao    1,281

you cannot downgrade to 4.70 due to SYSCON HASHES :/
EEPROM stores lv0 and lv1 hashes inside. you cannot magically flash 4.70 on your ps3s and hope it'd work. it'll triple beep and shutdown like the others. access EEPROM and you MIGHT be able to downgrade. since there's no way to access it on 3K/SuperSlim, you cannot downgrade.

• Upvote 3

caymera    7

this really seems like the ps3 hacking scene's last breath,despite it not being a jailbreak You got to Praise them for this Tremendous Effort...... 4.80 and 4.81 make sense now

• Upvote 1

xxdylanxx45    0

according to new tweets its possible to run it on 4.80/4.81

we need more info great work

zecoxao    1,281

yeah, just grab a ps3 on 4.70 cfw, spoof it to 4.81, and perform data transfer. it'll allow both new and old games.

• Upvote 2

labsdj    1

the only game i try with this method is BLUS30285_Fight Night Round 4  with 4.81 OFW i got only one ps3 slim 3xxxx with ofw 4.81 without any ode or cfw only ofw and works well is possible modified files to all games work on 4.81 OFW like this game i say here i trie only in first on 4.81 OFW

Edited by labsdj

xxdylanxx45    0
On 11/10/2016 at 9:09 AM, zecoxao said:

yeah, just grab a ps3 on 4.70 cfw, spoof it to 4.81, and perform data transfer. it'll allow both new and old games.

is this a better method that a CFW4.81?? then DTU

zecoxao    1,281
2 hours ago, xxdylanxx45 said:

is this a better method that a CFW4.81?? then DTU

it's the same thing...

xxdylanxx45    0

one last thing will multiman work??? im 2 hours awy befor my 1st dtu transfer is finished.. and thanks for explaining why we cant downgrade metlrd2, now i understand

Lucif3r    2,415

Of course not.... This is just a method of injecting shit to your backup file, not magically grant you access to syscalls.

• Upvote 5

ocam    448

Nice. a lot of work but you can try some games if you never had cfw or money:tw_blush:

Anyone knows how long this has been floating in the inner circle or is it something new?

zecoxao    1,281
On 11/14/2016 at 7:51 AM, ocam said:

Nice. a lot of work but you can try some games if you never had cfw or money:tw_blush:

Anyone knows how long this has been floating in the inner circle or is it something new?

russians had it for a while and used it to make money out of it. so it's not new to them.

• Upvote 2

DSwizzy145    1

I have a question, with this method could it be very possible to burn the patched games you normally would use for the backup hdd utility to run the games for but instead package the desired game as a .iso format and burn it to a BD-R disc and see if it works on OFW without the need for a Cobra ODE or Downgrade with E3 Flasher? 

It sounds like a awesome idea if that way works instead of having to create a new backup image just so to test out each game individually

added 10 minutes later
On 11/8/2016 at 9:02 PM, BobbyBlunt said:

I have been quite vocal about that crowd lately. Ps3 is a dying console. It is quickly approaching end of life. There is no reason to hold onto anything.... If they haven't figured out how to lock down an exploit to some bullshit proprietary hardware/dongle yet then they aren't going to. Time to start dumping what you assholes have.

These same assholes will be the ones coming back to community asking for donations of both hardware and money to work on PS4 stuff.... PS4 stuff that will never be released either

THANK YOU!! I couldn't have said it any better! :cool:

Lucif3r    2,415

No. Burned bd-discs doesnt even work on proper CFW PS3's. The BD-drive has its own protection that has nothing to do with the PS3 itself. It would need a separate hack that no one has bothered with(why would they when HDD's are superior in every way possible?).

On top of that, you still have to deal with the PS3's protection. One could say the disc-drive based games are twice as protected as backups/hdd installations.

Edited by Lucif3r