And So? PS4 4.01 OFW Exploit?

This exploit has the community divided, some say its fake because the LED doesn't go a certain way and others say it's legit because it was showcased at a big conference, decide for yourself:

Source

Via

Via

Via

• Upvote 2

Everyone's calling bs on that even me. sorry i don't believe it. @cfwprophetand i both agreed it was nothing more than a commercial for the publicity of their convention. the whole thing stinks to high heaven of commerce and promotion for the event. and it is either just a parody commercia for the actual event, or something else. However there are articles about the event in Chinese if that's  your thing. or google translate is your jam. that works too.

i found one. here http://www.hksilicon.com/articles/1204621 read over it and tell me what you guy's think of this whole thing.. if you think its' even a thing. if you wanna In the mean time.. i'm going say the following: 

This video has at least 3 cuts in it that people have been able to count. I'm calling BS!

Only trust:

nas - Proxima - flatz - CTurt - Red-EyeX32 - SKFU - fail0verflow - bigboss - Zer0xFF - kR105 - fx0day - Specter - Fire30 - cfwprophet - m0rph3us1987 - lezek20

(THIS LIST MAY GROW)
HERE'S A VIDEO OF A PS4 THAT WE ABSOLUTELY KNOW IS BOOTING LINUX FOR SURE! ON 1.76!!

If i get proven wrong and i'd  love to, believe me. i would. here's to just hoping that demo was was authentic in the long run. but i just don't know. i'd like it if the dude in charge of PSXHAX would fact check with some people first before posting anything tis big from now on.

Edited by B7U3C50SS
  • Upvote 2

for me it looks like a good fake but we don't know if it's real or not because we only have the video with that cuts :) I mean perhaps they have cutted it because they don't want to show the boot process or maybe the video would be too long and maybe that's the reason the one hacker puts the controller on the table.

the blue power led is normal on my 1.76 ps4, it need more time to change the mode and to boot linux.

Edited by eXtreme
  • Upvote 1

Feel free to show your Mods @ PS4 etreme Modding - This is for the Modders

278.jpg

you never know for sure until there's a public release and people will know what's what then. @eXtreme i mean you never know, they could'a just tried hiding how they did said exploit but doesn't explain a few other things. also why it cuts more than one time.

Edited by B7U3C50SS

why the hell is that ps4 logged in psn while they execute a exploit ??? after we run a exploit it saves the text "codeExecutionStage    4" in the Cookie.jar.txt file on hdd. so it's not a bit risky ?

278.jpg

Maybe they were paid by someone to induce others to update their ps4 with fw 1.76 xD

8 hours ago, eXtreme said:

why the hell is that ps4 logged in psn while they execute a exploit ??? after we run a exploit it saves the text "codeExecutionStage    4" in the Cookie.jar.txt file on hdd. so it's not a bit risky ?

That cookie is specifically created by cturts ps4 playground, they could easily either have an entirely new way of executing code or just simply delete the cookies after the execution. Also Sony is probably not looking for attempted code execution by checking the cookies, if that was the case anyone on a higher firmware that attempts to run the code execution (even if it doesn't work) could still throw off alarms.

• Developer
On 10/24/2016 at 5:59 PM, OldBrain said:

This exploit has the community divided, some say its fake because the LED doesn't go a certain way and others say it's legit because it was showcased at a big conference, decide for yourself:

Source

Via

Via

Via

On 10/25/2016 at 4:30 AM, eXtreme said:

for me it looks like a good fake but we don't know if it's real or not because we only have the video with that cuts :) I mean perhaps they have cutted it because they don't want to show the boot process or maybe the video would be too long and maybe that's the reason the one hacker puts the controller on the table.

the blue power led is normal on my 1.76 ps4, it need more time to change the mode and to boot linux.

On 10/25/2016 at 4:34 AM, B7U3C50SS said:

you never know for sure until there's a public release and people will know what's what then. @eXtreme i mean you never know, they could'a just tried hiding how they did said exploit but doesn't explain a few other things. also why it cuts more than one time.

How are all of you about to call BS? didnt they show it off somewhere also why would they lie to @geekpwn? i honestly think they were about to make jailbreak dongles for sale but now i think they will be releasing it since those exploits were reported to Sony and you cant make money off dongles if they arnt for the lastest FW witch they wouldnt be

I'm not calling bs anymore! That was an old post from the day it happened! more like the hour it happened! @LightningMods;) I know it isn't fake nay longer. and thank goodness too this scene was going dry.

yeah, I thought it could be a fake because the first video was edited but I don't said it is a fake. now they have confirmed that it's real

• Upvote 1

278.jpg